Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOS fee has been paid. what will be the next steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS fee has been paid. what will be the next steps?

I have paid for the $120 AOS fee. However, the IV processing fee is stated as Not Invoice. I'm kinda lost! What are the next steps? Please help me. Btw, I'm petitioning my parents. Thanks so much for you guys helps!!

The IV visa fee bill comes later, as much as 4-6 weeks after the initial bills from the NVC.

--Ray B

Originally posted by thunguyen1115 View Post
    I have paid for the $120 AOS fee. However, the IV processing fee is stated as Not Invoice. I'm kinda lost! What are the next steps? Please help me. Btw, I'm petitioning my parents. Thanks so much for you guys helps!!

Comment

Thanks Ray for your quick response!!! How about submitting the form 486? Can I do it now with submitting all the required civil papers? Or should I wait until I receive another invoice from NVC?

Comment

I think you mean I-864, Affidavit of Support. If you meant I-485, Adjustment of Status, that is not submitted to the NVC

The I-864 with supporting sponsorship documents can be submitted with the AOS barcoded cover page, if you can download that from the NVC page.

If it is not available to download, wait until you receive the complete barcoded cover page from the NVC, then submit sponsorship and civil documents at the same time (if your country is not one for whom scans of civil documents must be submitted).

--Ray B

Thanks Ray for your quick response!!! How about submitting the form 486? Can I do it now with submitting all the required civil papers? Or should I wait until I receive another invoice from NVC?

Comment

So pretty much, after I paid the AOS fee, I don't have to wait for the IV processing fee to be invoiced to submit the sponsorship and civil documents? Is it correct? Sorry about the typo, I meant the form I-864 in the previous post! Btw, I have to mail all of these documents to the NVC address listed on the NVC website right? Together with the barcode?

Comment

If you want to submit the sponsorship package, you need the barcoded cover page. If downloaded from the NVC payment page, send to the AOS address on the cover page. Otherwise, go to the NVC website and look for the destination address for mailing sponsorship documents.

But the barcoded cover page you should have received in the mail can be used.

--Ray B

So pretty much, after I paid the AOS fee, I don't have to wait for the IV processing fee to be invoiced to submit the sponsorship and civil documents? Is it correct? Sorry about the typo, I meant the form I-864 in the previous post! Btw, I have to mail all of these documents to the NVC address listed on the NVC website right? Together with the barcode?

Comment

NVC welcome letter- Step 3

I see on the step 3 of the NVC welcome letter it says

-Submit the visa application form?

What form is it? Where to download the form? Is it the DS 260 form? If it is, so I have to wait until I have the option of paying the IV processing fee, then I would see the DS 260 aka the visa application form right?

Steps on the NVC package FYI

1. Choose agent
              2. Pay fees
              3. Submit visa application form
              4.5 Collect finance and supporting documents
              6. Submitting documents to NVC

Comment

Right, the Visa Application form is the DS-260.

--Ray B

I see on the step 3 of the NVC welcome letter it says

-Submit the visa application form?

What form is it? Where to download the form? Is it the DS 260 form? If it is, so I have to wait until I have the option of paying the IV processing fee, then I would see the DS 260 aka the visa application form right?

Steps on the NVC package FYI

1. Choose agent
                2. Pay fees
                3. Submit visa application form
                4.5 Collect finance and supporting documents
                6. Submitting documents to NVC

Comment

That also means I have to wait for the IV processing fee to show up before I can do the next steps?

Comment

Actually, you will normally get a barcoded cover page from the NVC a couple of times during your case's tenure there, and you can send all the AOS and civil dcouments anytime, even before both fees are paid or DS-260 completed.

-Ray B

That also means I have to wait for the IV processing fee to show up before I can do the next steps?

Comment

Same boat

I too am in the process, we are trying to get my wife's daughter here from Manila, I have paid the AOS fee online and showing paid, the application fee is still showing Pay now (in red letters) but will not allow me to pay, it is also showing invoiced. I called my local congressman's office and he said that if I just send in the I-864 that it could delay it for unto 60 days, they are getting 10000 pieces of mail daily at the processing center, and are way jammed up. He said to call him early in the morning and he is going to use his contacts to see why I have not been invoiced for the application fee yet. I also have a question maybe someone here can answer as well. Do I need to fill out a separate I-864 as a co-sponser? My wife works but I make 90% of our income and she alone would not meet the Min poverty limits, we also do our taxes jointly so there really is no way to separate the income.

Good luck and thanks for helping.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                      Right, the Visa Application form is the DS-260.

--Ray B
                      I can't get to the Ds-260 form to fill out, when I put in the case number and invoice ID for the AOS (already paid) the page keeps sending me back to the login page. Do I get invoiced for the DS-260 as well?

thanks

Comment

Clarification on NVC Welcome letter

Hello...Ray

My file is in F2B category(My parents are citizen now), my marital status is unmarried and my PD is in Aug 2010. We just received Welcome letter from NVC and asking to pay AOS 120$ fees and submit documents. They also have mentioned once you finish fees and documents submission we will schedule visa interview.

Now my question is, I will have to wait till my PD(Aug 2009) becomes current(As per last visa bulletin they are processing Jan 2009 cases) or I shall get visa call as soon I finish the process mentioned in NVC welcome letter?

Thanks,
                        Mayur Patel

Comment

Mayur,

Proceed with any of the NVC requirements that are allowed on the NVC page, i.e., selecting agent with DS-261, paying $120 fee, sending sponsorship and civil document copies. By doing this, your fee payment(s) are locked in even if they later increase those fees ($120 and $325). Also, by submitting the sponsorship and civil documents, you become "documentarily qualified," even if an appontment is not set until your Priority Date is reachable.

--Ray B

Originally posted by mayur1608 View Post
                          Hello...Ray

My file is in F2B category(My parents are citizen now), my marital status is unmarried and my PD is in Aug 2010. We just received Welcome letter from NVC and asking to pay AOS 120$ fees and submit documents. They also have mentioned once you finish fees and documents submission we will schedule visa interview.

Now my question is, I will have to wait till my PD(Aug 2009) becomes current(As per last visa bulletin they are processing Jan 2009 cases) or I shall get visa call as soon I finish the process mentioned in NVC welcome letter?

Thanks,
                          Mayur Patel

Comment

Thank you for the clarifications :-)
                            One more question I have, I called NVC and came to know my file is still in F2B category. My parents are citizen now and I'm seeing F2B moving faster than F1. We received NVC welcome letter last month and paid AOS fees. I want to remain in F2B as it moves faster.Do I need to inform NVC for that? Will they automatically change my file status to F1?

Comment

Your parent petitioner needs to request (of NVC) that the petition status remain as F2B, an option available to avoid the "citizenship penalty."

--Ray B

--

Originally posted by mayur1608 View Post
                              Thank you for the clarifications :-)
                              One more question I have, I called NVC and came to know my file is still in F2B category. My parents are citizen now and I'm seeing F2B moving faster than F1. We received NVC welcome letter last month and paid AOS fees. I want to remain in F2B as it moves faster.Do I need to inform NVC for that? Will they automatically change my file status to F1?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X