Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-94 ext at Laredo - question

Hi aj168,
    I have the same questions as yours. Please let me know what you find. We are planning to travel in Feb/March as well.

Originally posted by aj168 View Post
    Hi Ankit and others,

We are in the same situation where my wife's I94 need to get updated. Please can you answer below questions?

1. Previous posts says they can go to CBP office directly instead of crossing Bridge 1. But your post says we have to cross the bridge 1. Are they not doing updates in the CBP office any more?
    2. Since my wife has to update I94 not me so can I just stay without crossing the bridge 1 or I can go along with her? line and queue are they visible if I wait for her to cross the bridge1 and complete process?
    3. My Wife I94 is expiring in April but I am planning to go in March hope that should be fine. Please send me message if any one want to join in March or even in Feb.

Thank you!

Comment

I94 Extension at Loredo

Hi aj168,

I have the same questions as yours. Please let me know what you find. We are planning to travel in Feb/March as well.

Regards,
      Rohit Guliani

Comment

Hi Rohit

Sorry about the late reply, I am going on March 3rd, I didn't get all the answers to my questions but I got the information that if we follow the steps provided in this thread should be good enough.

Originally posted by Rohit Guliani View Post
        Hi aj168,

Regards,
        Rohit Guliani

Comment

March 31st

We are planning to go on March 31st. All the best and let us know your experience.

Sorry about the late reply, I am going on March 3rd, I didn't get all the answers to my questions but I got the information that if we follow the steps provided in this thread should be good enough.

Comment

Need info ..even I am planning to go

Need info ..even I am planning to go..please share the details

Comment

Hi Ankit and others,

We are in the same situation where my wife's I94 need to get updated. Please can you answer below questions?

1. Previous posts says they can go to CBP office directly instead of crossing Bridge 1. But your post says we have to cross the bridge 1. Are they not doing updates in the CBP office any more?
              2. Since my wife has to update I94 not me so can I just stay without crossing the bridge 1 or I can go along with her? line and queue are they visible if I wait for her to cross the bridge1 and complete process?
              3. My Wife I94 is expiring in April but I am planning to go in March hope that should be fine. Please send me message if any one want to join in March or even in Feb.

Thank you!
              Me and my wife going to be at Loredo POE this Sunday March 12th

Comment

HELP: My wife's I-94 expired

Originally posted by ashishpm77 View Post
                Me and my wife going to be at Loredo POE this Sunday March 12th
                Can I still get my wife's I-94 get renewed if it's already expired? I am little worried to go to border bridge. What if they stop saying it's already expired? What could be the options. Please help, it's urgent.

Comment

I 94 not extended at Loredo TX POE

I was also in same boat with most of you with valid I797 till 2020 but passport about expire in Nov 2018, so while re-entering US in 2017 I got I94 only till Nov 2018,so got my passport renewed and went to Loredo TX POE with my family and followed the steps. The CPB officer at POE didn't extended my I94 and kept arguing the my I797 does have I94 valid till 2020 and it supercides any other I94 . Not sure if any of you faced similar issue?

Comment

Originally posted by ashishpm77 View Post
                    I was also in same boat with most of you with valid I797 till 2020 but passport about expire in Nov 2018, so while re-entering US in 2017 I got I94 only till Nov 2018,so got my passport renewed and went to Loredo TX POE with my family and followed the steps. The CPB officer at POE didn't extended my I94 and kept arguing the my I797 does have I94 valid till 2020 and it supercides any other I94 . Not sure if any of you faced similar issue?
                    If you got your I797 (with the later I94 date) after your entry to the US in 2017, then yes the officer is right. If not, then you are right, and you need to get your I94 extended. BTW in the former case, your online I94 does not change, but the officer is right and the I94 on your I797 is what matters.
                    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

• I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Hello,

We just finished our I94 update at Laredo, TX.

Thank you very much for all of you who provided clear steps on this process. Below are some additions ONLY based on my experience.

1. We went on Monday morning 8 am and the line was too big. We had to wait for longer than the expected time. We are not sure if we can cut the line as as soon as we pass the bridge. I think better to go on weekend to save the time. This is just what I think.
                      2. Also talk to the CBP officers clearly if it is possible to avoid standing in the line after crossing the bridge and directly come to the entrance. This will save your time.
                      3. There is ample paid and on the road parking at the Mall. So no need to worry.
                      4. Keep at least 4 quarters and 6$ exact changes per person.
                      5. CBP Officers are very friendly so dont worry and maintain politeness though out your process just in case any delay.

Comment

• Can we also go to Loredo for getting I94 for i797B

Hi,
                        I see all cases here are for getting I84, where passport has expired. In my case I received i797B without i94, I have valid stamp till Sept 2018 and new i797B till Sept 2020, I need to get a new I94 before I can join the employer on the recent i797B, can I go to Loredo border for this purpose, did anyone have similar experience?
                        Any information much appreciated please

Comment

Hi All,
                          I am planning to go by 30 or 31 march 2018 or april 7 2018 for my Daughter

1)She is having valid (Until Sep 2018)H4 visa stamped in her existing passport But i94 given until May 2018 when She came from India last year 2017 due to passport expiry

2)I have got renewed her passport now and planning to go to Tx Laredo from Dallas.

Also Do I need to give my passport as well, since I am taking my Daughter with me? That case Am I applicable to get new I-94?
                          I have no issues on my i94. Need to update only for my Daughter since we renewed her passport.
                          Appreciate your help on this and it really helps many people like me.

Based on the thread updates No need to cross the border right?
                          Is anybody planning to go in those days so i can come with you(Either Bus or Car)

Regards,
                          Ashok

Comment

• Originally posted by avertuser View Post
                            Hi,
                            I see all cases here are for getting I84, where passport has expired. In my case I received i797B without i94, I have valid stamp till Sept 2018 and new i797B till Sept 2020, I need to get a new I94 before I can join the employer on the recent i797B, can I go to Loredo border for this purpose, did anyone have similar experience?
                            Any information much appreciated please
                            Did you get the new I797 as a result of a COS petition or a H1 transfer? If yes, and your new I797 did not come with a new I94, that means you are accruing illegal stay. You should travel out and get a new I94 asap. Your visa stamp validity does not matter, since it is only for entry purposes. It is the I94 that decides the legality of your stay. Typically for COS petitions or transfer petitions filed from within the US, you get a new I94 attached to the I797, and then your stay is legal until the day mentioned on this new I94 (i.e., your old I94 becomes obsolete). If you did not get a new I94, that means USCIS has only accepted the petition and not the COS or extension of stay part. It means you will have to go out, get a new visa stamp (if your current one is expired) and re enter to get a new I94.
                            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

• Laredo on 03/24

We went on Laredo on 03/24. Below is my experience
                              1) GPS this Location , H & M , Downtown, Laredo. This will take straight into the Mall Parking garage, $2/hr parking.
                              2) 5 mins walk to the bridge, pay 75c to cross the bridge. Its okay if you dont have change as they have quarter machine.
                              3) You will have to walk half way to mexico bridge and then jump on the other side to join the line to come to USA.
                              4) Once you reach the CBP officer, Explain him and tell him you didn't go to mexico and came for I94 from the middle of the bridge. They will understand it and he will give you a yellow slip where you will be directed to a different office which is 2 mins from there.
                              5) Once we went inside the office, Officer knew the i94 process, He asked me (Where do i live?, Did you came from USA or mexico?, Where do you work?, What is my designation? What is my son's age? are you the parent? )
                              6) He took bio-metrics of me and my wife and issued me paper I-94 and i had to pay him 6$

There was a long line due to which the entire process took 1 hr and we were out. I checked Online after coming home and My I-94 was updated. Hope this helps, Process is very easy and CBP officers are aware about this process and they are very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOLLA21 View Post
                                Hi All,
                                I am planning to go by 30 or 31 march 2018 or april 7 2018 for my Daughter

1)She is having valid (Until Sep 2018)H4 visa stamped in her existing passport But i94 given until May 2018 when She came from India last year 2017 due to passport expiry

2)I have got renewed her passport now and planning to go to Tx Laredo from Dallas.

Also Do I need to give my passport as well, since I am taking my Daughter with me? That case Am I applicable to get new I-94?
                                I have no issues on my i94. Need to update only for my Daughter since we renewed her passport.
                                Appreciate your help on this and it really helps many people like me.

Based on the thread updates No need to cross the border right?
                                Is anybody planning to go in those days so i can come with you(Either Bus or Car)

Regards,
                                Ashok

Hi Ashok

I am also planning on this friday or saturday for my wife i94 extension at Laredo Tx.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X