I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 extended at Laredo 10 Aug 2018

Thank you so much to the members of this forum. It was really helpful in doing everything.

My current passport expired and got the new passport, my i94 is valid till 2019 feb. I wanted to extend it at Laredo, it?s just 2 hours from my work location.

Set the gps coordinates to 27.501399, -99.509258 this will take you to outlet shopping mall parking. 3 hours free parking and a lot of free space. You can see bridge from parking. 5 min walk at max.

Paid $1 to enter the bridge. Told CBP officers that I am here to extend my i94. They asked me to cross the bridge and go into Mexico and get the stamping. I ignored that, as many of this forum member already told what are the steps to do.

Walked half way, exactly in the middle I saw a small gate to cross the bridge. On the other side of the road officers were standing. Gate was locked, but there is a small gap, I was able to fit in and crossed the bridge. Told officers at bridge that I want i94 extension.

Walked into CBP office along with Mexicans and told them the same story. I just need i94 extension. They are very well aware of this. Took my passport old and new and extended my i94. Extension was on old passport number, I was immediately able to access my l94 record online and asked officer why i94 is attached to my old passport. He said it?s ok. And I browsed for a while to make sure if it?s ok or not. And it seems to be ok.

Very helpful officers pleasant experience.... all the best guys.

Comment

• Planning to go to Laredo, TX border for i94 extension after passport renewal

Hi All,
      Thank you all for sharing your experiences regarding i94 extension after passport renewal.
      I am planning to go to Laredo, TX border to get it updated on 6th Sept, 2018. I am travelling from Atlanta.
      Anyone in the same situation and willing to join me for the same is most welcomed.
      Kindly drop me a mail @ [email protected] and we can connect regarding the travel.
      Thanks to this forum again for the valuable information.

Comment

• Planning to go to Laredo, Tx for my Son's I94 extension during Jan 2nd week of 2019.

Planning to go to Laredo, Tx from Atlanta, for my Son's I94 extension during Jan 2nd week of 2019.
        Let me know if anyone planning during that time.
        Thanks
        Balaji Ravindran
        757-452-7117

Comment

• need to extend i-94 for family members

Hi Balaji.....Can you please share your experience. Would like to know the current situation at Loredo CBP office wrt I-94 extn.

Thanks,
          Saurabh

Comment

• Pla for I94 Extension in Laredo from Plano

Hi ,

I am planning to go Laredo this weekend (Feb 16th) from Plano with my family (wife and child) for I94 Extension as my got my new passport?.If anyone has plan please let me know .

Thanks,
            Anand
            469-931-6125

Comment

• Originally posted by SubhadraMazumdar View Post
              Hi All,
              Thank you all for sharing your experiences regarding i94 extension after passport renewal.
              I am planning to go to Laredo, TX border to get it updated on 6th Sept, 2018. I am travelling from Atlanta.
              Anyone in the same situation and willing to join me for the same is most welcomed.
              Kindly drop me a mail @ [email protected] and we can connect regarding the travel.
              Thanks to this forum again for the valuable information.
              Hi Subhadra

How much time time it took for the I94 updation in the POE ?.Also did you crossed the bridge 1 ?.What question did the officer asked ?.What documents are expected to carry (apart from Passport,Petition) ?

Comment

• Plan for I94 Extension in Laredo from Plano

I am staying in Plano and planned to go Laredo for I94 extension with my family this weekend.Any one else plan for this weekend ?

Comment

• I am traveling tomorrow evening by TuriMex bus.

Originally posted by anand_rajasekaran View Post
                  I am staying in Plano and planned to go Laredo for I94 extension with my family this weekend.Any one else plan for this weekend ?
                  Hello Anand
                  I am traveling tomorrow evening by bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by anand_rajasekaran View Post
                    I (along with my wife) successfully extended my I-94 in CBP Office of Laredo ,TX.Experience explained in steps below:

Date : 16-Feb-2019
                    1.Travelled to 619,farragut laredo tx (Valero Gas Station) with my wife and 5 yr old child,pareked the car and entered the POE office opposite to it.
                    2.I was called in one of the counter and told that i came for I94 extension for me and my wife.The officer told you have to cross the border through Bridge 1 and return.Also they told to go to Outlet mall (1600 Water street,Laredo) where parking is free for 3 hrs and from there to cross the bridge and return back.
                    3.Took my car and parked in the outlet mall.
                    4.Walked down to the Americas gateways bridge (Towards --> Mexico) and looking upon the road with yellow dotted line (This is the boundary line between US and Mexico)
                    5.After spotting the yellow dotted line,just crossed across on the yellow dotted line to the other side (where people are coming towards US from Mexico)
                    6.Officers were there in that location and asked for the reason,we told for I94 extension , they verified and allowed us to stand in the queue.
                    7.Standing in the one of the queue counter and my turn came.
                    8.Told came for I94 extension (initially they thought for stamping and asked for Contract document,so you have to be explain well about the reason).
                    9.Office extended the I94 upto my petition date.
                    10.Provided the I94 card as it need to be shown in the Border Patrol when returning back from Laredo back to Plano.
                    11.Verified I94 is also updated in the USCIS portal.

I took a hotel in San antonio for 2 days (Feb 15 - 17) as it is 7 hrs travel from Plano to Laredo.

Comment

• Hi, I am going this weekend to Laredo Tx.
                      Is anyone willing to join ?

Got my I-94 updated to passport expiry , applied for new passport , now going to get my I-94 update to match my I-797 / stamped date.

Thanks,
                      Hari

Comment

• Did you already travel ? I am planning to travel soon from Austin,Tx.
                        Is there any specific office timing ?
                        your experience would be helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by hariblossoms View Post
                        Hi, I am going this weekend to Laredo Tx.
                        Is anyone willing to join ?

Got my I-94 updated to passport expiry , applied for new passport , now going to get my I-94 update to match my I-797 / stamped date.

Thanks,
                        Hari

Comment

• Hari and Arikki Can you please share experience, as I am also going Laredo TX for my i94 extension to match with my visa after getting new passport

Comment

• planning to go to Laredo this weekend 10/26 from DFW. Let me know if anyone interested to join.

Comment

• Hi, Do anyone able to renew I94 in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport after passport renewal? What all the option do i have staying Atlanta Georgia.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X