Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI for new born baby having Indian nationality parents

Hi Immihelp,

I am on H1B and wife is on H4 Visa. my daughter born on oct 2014 in USA. and now i am planing to apply for her OCI card(as per new system).

when i started looking for document from the CKGS site, its very confusing to me.

It will be big help for me if anyone can answer all the below question.
    Thanks in Advance

As per the Check list given on the site.

Does we need all of those document or only selected? if selected one what are those as per my Visa?

as per the Check list, my questions are below.
    #3. CKGS Declaration and Undertaking Form. This must have Signature of the applicant.
    How 4 month old baby can sign it?
    #4. CKGS Disclaimer Form. This must have Signature of the applicant.
    #6. PARENTAL AUTHORIZATION FORM DULY SIGNED BY BOTH THE PARENTS
    In this form they are asking Dates for leaving USA From ##/##/#### and To ##/##/####
    What should i enter in these form as i am not planing to visit India for now?
    #9. COPY OF PARENTS US PASSPORT OR OCI CARDS
    How H1 holder ca have US passport or OCI Card?
    #10. COPIES OF PARENTS PROOF OF RENUNCIATION
    what is RENUNCIATION? Does H1 holder need this? How can H1 holder can be eligible for RENUNCIATION?
    #12. NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE
    What is this for? Does H1 holder need this?
    #13. PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN
    How Us born minor applicant can have proof of indian origin?
    #18. FOR RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
    how can we get this document, any link or any document?

they are saying that we can pay fees online as well but i didn't find any link of shopping cart where can i pay fees.

Hi,
    I have some of the same questions. Hoping if someone can answer these questions.
    thanks

Comment

US citizen child of H1B / H4 visa Indian parents is NOT eligible to get OCI. At least one parent must be non-Indian citizen.

For such cases, PIO card used to be available earlier, but it has been discontinued now.

Only visa now.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thank you Admin

I have Called to CKGS Center and they said US born baby having indian Citizen parents (H1/H4) is eligible for OCI Card.
        and Also the said only those documents are needed which are apply to the indian citizen parents.

Can someone clarify.

thanks

Comment

Greetings from CKGS.

This is regards to your online Feedback and query on OCI.

We would like to inform you, that yes you are eligible to apply for OCI.

You need not provide copy of current usa passport, copies of parents proof of renunciation, copy of parents us passport or oci cards, naturalization certificate,proof of indian origin from the checklist.

Instead of the above document, you need to provide copies of parents Indian passport, valid visa status and rest as per checklist

Regards,

Customer Service Associate
          Cox & Kings Global Services
          Customer Care Nos: 516-206-1483 & 646-589-0088
          Email Address: [email protected]

Comment

OCI for new born baby having Indian nationality parents

[email protected]: Thanks for opening this conversation..

I too am in the same situation..Hope somebody answers these at the earliest...

Well., to pay the fees use this link: http://www.in.ckgs.us/VPOOnline/WebP...yvisafees.aspx
            You should have completed the Part A & Part B of the application and have the File Ref No to make the payments...

While searching for ., OCI Declaration Form signature for minors. i found this;

though this is for PIO., somebody suggested this:., provide thumb impression for signature of applicant and then below that both parents can sign and notarize it.. I am not sure if we do the same for OCI Declaration Form too.

For the travel dates; I believe it can be tentative dates.. One of my friend did the same for PIO

[email protected]; plz keep me posted if you get more information....

thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
              US citizen child of H1B / H4 visa Indian parents is NOT eligible to get OCI. At least one parent must be non-Indian citizen.

For such cases, PIO card used to be available earlier, but it has been discontinued now.

Only visa now.
              This is not correct. US citizen child of H1B / H4 visa Indian parents are eligible to get OCI for kid.I confirmed with the Embassy .

Comment

OCI for new born baby having Indian nationality parents

Hi , I applied for my son's OCI in 14th Feb 2015 and got my card on 3rd of April 2015. I understand that the checklist questions are little ambiguous . But I can help you answer some of these questions :

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Hi Immihelp,

I am on H1B and wife is on H4 Visa. my daughter born on oct 2014 in USA. and now i am planing to apply for her OCI card(as per new system).
                when i started looking for document from the CKGS site, its very confusing to me.
                It will be big help for me if anyone can answer all the below question.
                Thanks in Advance

As per the Check list given on the site.

Does we need all of those document or only selected? if selected one what are those as per my Visa?

as per the Check list, my questions are below.
                #3. CKGS Declaration and Undertaking Form. This must have Signature of the applicant.
                ---- both Parents need to sign on behalf of the the baby.

#4. CKGS Disclaimer Form. This must have Signature of the applicant.
                ---- both Parents need to sign on behalf of the the baby.

#6. PARENTAL AUTHORIZATION FORM DULY SIGNED BY BOTH THE PARENTS
                In this form they are asking Dates for leaving USA From ##/##/#### and To ##/##/####
                What should i enter in these form as i am not planing to visit India for now?
                ---- Give any future date even if you are not traveling

#9. COPY OF PARENTS US PASSPORT OR OCI CARDS
                How H1 holder ca have US passport or OCI Card?
                ---- not applicable for H1 holder

#10. COPIES OF PARENTS PROOF OF RENUNCIATION
                what is RENUNCIATION? Does H1 holder need this? How can H1 holder can be eligible for RENUNCIATION?
                ---- not applicable for H1 holder

#12. NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE
                What is this for? Does H1 holder need this?

#13. PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN
                How Us born minor applicant can have proof of indian origin?
                ---- Indian parents passport and Child birth certificate together is needed as PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN

#18. FOR RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
                how can we get this document, any link or any document?
                ---- pay additional $15 to CKGS , they will return the document (passport and OCI card) with Fedex

they are saying that we can pay fees online as well but i didn't find any link of shopping cart where can i pay fees.
                --- Better to send a money order / banker's check with the fee amount

Hope it helps !!!

Comment

"PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN" vs "PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS PROOF OF ORIGIN"

I have question in regards to H1B parents filling for OCI cards for their US born kids -

1. Do we need to check and provide docs for both #15 "PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN" and #16 "PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS PROOF OF ORIGIN" ?

2. What are the docs for "PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN"?

3. What are the docs for "PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS PROOF OF ORIGIN"?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sandtech View Post
                    I have question in regards to H1B parents filling for OCI cards for their US born kids -

1. Do we need to check and provide docs for both #15 "PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN" and #16 "PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS PROOF OF ORIGIN" ?

2. What are the docs for "PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN"?

3. What are the docs for "PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS PROOF OF ORIGIN"?

Thanks.
                    1.Surrender Certificate of parents or grandparents, or Valid/Cancelled Indian Passport of parents or Grandparents of the applicant, or Birth Certificate of the parents or grandparents or School or College Certificate/leaving Certificate of the applicant or parents of the applicant, which could prove Indian nationality of his parents and grandparents.

2.Copy of the present passport.

Comment

Application for OCI with expired VISA but valid H1B status?

Originally posted by Mahesh_M View Post
                      Hi , I applied for my son's OCI in 14th Feb 2015 and got my card on 3rd of April 2015. I understand that the checklist questions are little ambiguous . But I can help you answer some of these questions :

--- Better to send a money order / banker's check with the fee amount

Hope it helps !!!

Can an parent apply for OCI card for a minor with a expired VISA but valid H1 status? the requirement document asks for a valid VISA

Comment

can any one post steps to apply OCI in person at CKGS office for new born kid. parents are on visa.

Comment

You still have to do everything online

Originally posted by vikky789 View Post
                          can any one post steps to apply OCI in person at CKGS office for new born kid. parents are on visa.
                          IMO, the difference between in-person and shipping are the notary and postage cost. You still do everything online and schedule an appointment to show the original (instead of notrary) and submit the application in person.

The only benefit of applying in person is you will know if everything is complete. If not, you have revisit them again.
                          With postal (FedEx), you will pay for the postage and if your application is not complete, you will have to pay more to send more documents.
                          If you live close to a CKGS location, luck you! You can visit in person. For others, do a cost comparison on the postage and your day-off, plus mileage and parking. You can get notary at your local library or at your bank. In my prior company, the officer eceptionist was a notary. That was very useful. So, check in your company too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X