h1 employer not giving payslips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 employer not giving payslips

I requested my employer for pay stubs as I had to apply for a car loan but he refused.

I didn't care before but now I am getting worried about the probable reasons as to why my employer is not giving me my pay stubs.

Someone told me that DOL can help but will they come and cancel my visa. The employer my be deducting amounts from my monthly salary without my knowledge and may be that is why They are refusing the pay stubs.

I also came to know that I cant transfer my h1 id they don't give me payslips and in actual effect they are holding me against my will.

Please suggest a way out. Will contacting DOL get me thrown out of the country even though I have done nothing wrong.

Has anyone faced the same thing? Please help me as to how did you tackle it and came out of it.

Originally posted by fedup of my employer View Post
    I requested my employer for pay stubs as I had to apply for a car loan but he refused.

I didn't care before but now I am getting worried about the probable reasons as to why my employer is not giving me my pay stubs.

Someone told me that DOL can help but will they come and cancel my visa. The employer my be deducting amounts from my monthly salary without my knowledge and may be that is why They are refusing the pay stubs.

I also came to know that I cant transfer my h1 id they don't give me payslips and in actual effect they are holding me against my will.

Please suggest a way out. Will contacting DOL get me thrown out of the country even though I have done nothing wrong.

Has anyone faced the same thing? Please help me as to how did you tackle it and came out of it.
    Contacting DOL and complaining to them does not make you go illegal or out of status, but sometimes employees doesn't go that route as they themselves might have violated law by paying for their own H1 initially and things can go messy mainly because you end up going from some salary to no salary at all till you find another employer or the complaint to the DOL reaches a logical conclusion which can take Months if not years. There is no hard and fast solution to this dilemma, what you can do is ask them why they are not sharing the paystubs as you need it for loan processing, escalate the matter internally, and if required tell them that you would not hesitate to go to DOL if they do not oblige. Also, try to change employer ASAP as this employer does not seem genuine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the response, i have already done the following:

- emailed the hr and even his boss for paystubs but they never gave me one. When I asked why in person, the boss told me that they are not even going to speak about it.

- and I can get job offers but I can't possibly switch jobs by an H1 transfer because first thing you need is pay stubs. Or is there any other document that can justify the missing pay stubs. Like probably a written complaint to DOL for missing pay stubs.

- should I consult a lawyer or directly go to the DOL if it comes to that?

Please help me..!!

Comment

my employer is also not giving paystubs

please advise what you did as even my employer refused for giving pay stubs, but do direct deposits only

please advise

Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the response, i have already done the following:

- emailed the hr and even his boss for paystubs but they never gave me one. When I asked why in person, the boss told me that they are not even going to speak about it.

- and I can get job offers but I can't possibly switch jobs by an H1 transfer because first thing you need is pay stubs. Or is there any other document that can justify the missing pay stubs. Like probably a written complaint to DOL for missing pay stubs.

- should I consult a lawyer or directly go to the DOL if it comes to that?

Please help me..!!

Comment

Even, I am suffering about the same..

Even, I am suffering about the same..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X