Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unsuccessful H1B visa 221g white slip Hyderabad consulate 2015!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unsuccessful H1B visa 221g white slip Hyderabad consulate 2015!!!

Hello All,

I done my master in USA and I had been working for a big five company as a a full time USA employee,(So, no legal or employer Issues) I came to India for my visa stamping.

I had my Visa H1b interview 2/10/2015, They had given me 221(g) white slip with two options marked in it

a) The very first option that I will receive an update by email and II can follow my case and

b) Last but one option that my case is going through administrative processing and my decision is pending.

and updated me that my visa is being additional administrative processing.

During the interview the interviewer asked me following below questions.

VO- Visa Officer

ME: Hello Good Morning
    VO: Hello

Vo: Your passport please
    Me: Provided my Passport.

Vo: Which company are you working for
    Me: YYYY X services Usa Inc

Vo: where is it located
    Me: Its in ZZZ, .

Vo: Have you been stopped/pulled at the immigration.
    Me: no, not that I remember.

Vo: Have you ever been stopped in the the year 2013.Like while entering the USA( like for unusually food items..etc)
    Me: No..

Vo: she called the employer next to her ( I she didn't understand something ..)and she was discussing some thing.

Another Vo: have you been stopped even for second check up at the immigration.
    Me: No ..
    (Reason: I had traveled only once back to India during Dec 2012- Jan 2013 during my study vacation)

Vo: Can you please wait in the lobby, we will call you.
    Me: Ok.

After 50 mins of wait time...

Vo: OK sir, your application is going through additional administrative processing. you will be receiving further instructions in an email.
    Me: ok.

Vo: again sir have you been stopped at the immigration..
    Me: as mentioned by me earlier, I had never been stopped in the year 2013, but in the year December 2012 while leaving to India from USA, in the initial security check I was carrying my perfume in my carry on, during the initial security scan they told me that I was carrying 0.2 ounce more than the allowed limit and then i had disposed my perfume .

Vo: you should have told be before
    me: I was thinking This is not related to immigration check, its a general airport security check.

Vo: ok sir you will be receiving the next instructions in the email.
    Me: Ok. Thank you.

Visa officer(VO) didn't not ask me even a single document.

My case was created : 02/10/2015
    My case was updated: 02/13/2015

It been like two weeks now (02/25/2015), but there was no Email neither any kind of update, I am getting so tensed for what needs to be done next. Can any one please help me and let me know what can be done next please , your help is really appreciated.

Originally posted by keshav01 View Post
    Hello All,

I done my master in USA and I had been working for a big five company as a a full time USA employee,(So, no legal or employer Issues) I came to India for my visa stamping.

I had my Visa H1b interview 2/10/2015, They had given me 221(g) white slip with two options marked in it

a) The very first option that I will receive an update by email and II can follow my case and

b) Last but one option that my case is going through administrative processing and my decision is pending.

and updated me that my visa is being additional administrative processing.

During the interview the interviewer asked me following below questions.

VO- Visa Officer

ME: Hello Good Morning
    VO: Hello

Vo: Your passport please
    Me: Provided my Passport.

Vo: Which company are you working for
    Me: YYYY X services Usa Inc

Vo: where is it located
    Me: Its in ZZZ, .

Vo: Have you been stopped/pulled at the immigration.
    Me: no, not that I remember.

Vo: Have you ever been stopped in the the year 2013.Like while entering the USA( like for unusually food items..etc)
    Me: No..

Vo: she called the employer next to her ( I she didn't understand something ..)and she was discussing some thing.

Another Vo: have you been stopped even for second check up at the immigration.
    Me: No ..
    (Reason: I had traveled only once back to India during Dec 2012- Jan 2013 during my study vacation)

Vo: Can you please wait in the lobby, we will call you.
    Me: Ok.

After 50 mins of wait time...

Vo: OK sir, your application is going through additional administrative processing. you will be receiving further instructions in an email.
    Me: ok.

Vo: again sir have you been stopped at the immigration..
    Me: as mentioned by me earlier, I had never been stopped in the year 2013, but in the year December 2012 while leaving to India from USA, in the initial security check I was carrying my perfume in my carry on, during the initial security scan they told me that I was carrying 0.2 ounce more than the allowed limit and then i had disposed my perfume .

Vo: you should have told be before
    me: I was thinking This is not related to immigration check, its a general airport security check.

Vo: ok sir you will be receiving the next instructions in the email.
    Me: Ok. Thank you.

Visa officer(VO) didn't not ask me even a single document.

My case was created : 02/10/2015
    My case was updated: 02/13/2015

It been like two weeks now (02/25/2015), but there was no Email neither any kind of update, I am getting so tensed for what needs to be done next. Can any one please help me and let me know what can be done next please , your help is really appreciated.
    Its never a good idea to omit an information however irrelevant you feel it could be. It seems even the minutest things are being tracked. I think you should just wait patiently. But one can never assume any particular timeline for Admin processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for reply Raghvi

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its never a good idea to omit an information however irrelevant you feel it could be. It seems even the minutest things are being tracked. I think you should just wait patiently. But one can never assume any particular timeline for Admin processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you so much for your response Raghvi, I am only worried that is there any chance of visa rejection for the above Issue. ( Thing is that In reality,I had never done any thing illegal, nor no one ever stopped at immigration nor in the secondary immigration check). Please let me know your advice.
      Last edited by keshav01; 02-26-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

221g white slip @ Hyderabad on 02/02/2015

I got 221g white slip 2 months ago and have case updated twice in Feb, but no luck on the decision yet. Still in Admin processing. Did you receive any update yet?

Comment

In my professional opinion (not to be construed as fact or advice), your leaving a perfume bottle in your bags at a security stop (or your forgetting to mention it as part of an immigration-related matter), should in no way affect your eligibility. If they deny your visa for something like this, it would seem to me a pretext (a strange one at that) for rejecting you on other (undisclosed) grounds. Consider contacting an attorney if this happens.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X