Needless to say thanks to this forum and everyone of you, who had helped me to accompolish this.
My parents had been for interview on april 12th
We had prepared all documents as per this forum.
They asked all questions to my dad alone. The interview was in tamil with interpretor. They were allowed about 1 hr before the interview within the consulate . Initially they got their DS156,DS157,passport,HDFC etc verified and were sent to the next buliding. Here they were asked to give finger print.
Later they were asked to stand in the queue for the interview
1) How many kids do you have?
2) what are they doing?
Dad stressed about the child back in India
VO had my dad's DS156 in his hand and was asking questions from it later
3) How many partners do you have in business?
4) he was asked for partnership deed?
5) The VO could see all the papers that my dad had arranged in the file. So when my dad was flipping He pointed out the papers and asked he wanted to look at them
This included the pay slips that we had sent from here, the letter we wrote to consulate officer, the invite letter to parents, I134 forms. My parents said the VO glanced every one of those.
6) Then my dad was asked for our bank statements from US
My dad showed the bank verification letter from the bank in US and all the bank statements that we had sent him. Vo had gone through all the 6 statements that we had sent from here. We had deposited in that consistently every month so I guess that was an advantage.
7) then my dad was asked for his land property documents. My dad said they were looking at land EC too.
8) again when my dad was flipping thru the pages for land documents, the VO saw my dad's affidavit( we had prepared as per the forum). VO pointed to that and asked for that too.In this he had declared about his property ties at India.
9) Looking at the affidavit, he asked for the estimate of our land. Dad told the exact figure as per the doc. I guess this was to make sure he knew what was there and we had given authentic info only.
10) He was asked about his annual income
11) Finally he was asked for his bank statements,passbook and balance. When he was about to take that, the VO said that is fine and he doesnt have to look at that.
they said all this was done in 5mts time and they were asked to pay the fees.
The most important thing was my parents had arranged all documents neatly
and were thorough with each and every document. They had spent time in reading all that we had sent from here. This helped them to show all the documents quickly.
thanks again to this forum.
P.S: my dad said for some people if the old passport had expired and they had a new one, they were asking for old passport too in documents verification section. Its better to carry the old passport too if you have one.
also somebody in front of him during the interview was asked for ECfor the land along with the other land documents and was sent back since they didnt have one.