Affidavit of support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support

I have filed i-130 for my wife, I am Permanent Resident, her category is f2a. Got a letter from NVC to complete step 1- step6 . My question related to affidavit of support and other financial documents

I am filling tax return and i am well above poverty guide lines, but my issue is that last 2 years i had less gross income well below poverty guide lines will that effect ??
    In the check list they have asked so many financial documents i only can send my tax returns with w2 and evidence of income will that be enough
    Financial Documents:
    Affidavit of Support............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    IRS Tax Transcript............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Federal Income Tax Returns................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Form W2............................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Evidence of income............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of relationship............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of U.S. status............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Social Security Earnings Statement...... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of assets....................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Your I-864, 2014 Federal tax return, 2014 W2 copies and employment verification letter are all you need for the sponsorship portion of the documents going to the NVC.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ammadb View Post
    I have filed i-130 for my wife, I am Permanent Resident, her category is f2a. Got a letter from NVC to complete step 1- step6 . My question related to affidavit of support and other financial documents

I am filling tax return and i am well above poverty guide lines, but my issue is that last 2 years i had less gross income well below poverty guide lines will that effect ??
    In the check list they have asked so many financial documents i only can send my tax returns with w2 and evidence of income will that be enough
    Financial Documents:
    Affidavit of Support............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    IRS Tax Transcript............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Federal Income Tax Returns................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Form W2............................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Evidence of income............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of relationship............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of U.S. status............................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Social Security Earnings Statement...... [ ] [ ] [ ]
    Proof of assets....................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Quick question why they ask for tax return for last 3 years in affidavit of support ..if this year 2014 tax return is above poverty guide lines but 2013,2012 is below does it matter

Comment

The Affidavit of Support does not ask for three years of income tax returns. You are simply given the "option" of reporting 3 years and including copies, but it is not a sponsorship requriement

Only the most recent copy of Federal income tax return and reporting total income from that return (in #13), and proof of current income that will accualize to meet the sponsorship income requriements are required.

--ray B

Quick question why they ask for tax return for last 3 years in affidavit of support ..if this year 2014 tax return is above poverty guide lines but 2013,2012 is below does it matter

Comment

taxes filing status

On my taxes for this year I filed as single . I got married last year . She is in India , waiting on nvc to get a case number . Is it going be a problem that I filed as single ?

Comment

No, that won't be a problem during the processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by josephj View Post
              On my taxes for this year I filed as single . I got married last year . She is in India , waiting on nvc to get a case number . Is it going be a problem that I filed as single ?

Comment

I am filling i-864ez......

currently i am not working(between jobs) .....do i have to send payslip as well or 2014 tax with w2 and employers letter will be enough......as i am not working dont have current pay slips

Comment

If you are not working, you still need to include your 2014 Federal income tax return and W2 forms. But since you are not working and need a co-sponsor, you must use form I-864, rather than I-864EZ.

--Ray B

I am filling i-864ez......

currently i am not working(between jobs) .....do i have to send payslip as well or 2014 tax with w2 and employers letter will be enough......as i am not working dont have current pay slips

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                    If you are not working, you still need to include your 2014 Federal income tax return and W2 forms. But since you are not working and need a co-sponsor, you must use form I-864, rather than I-864EZ.

--Ray B
                    Hi if i can get an employer letter will that work ???

Comment

But if you're not presently employed and you offer an employment verification letter as "proof of employment," you are lying and submitting a fraudulent document. You have then jeopardized your own sponsor status, put in jeopardy the person who gives you the employer letter, and put your visa beneficiary at risk.

If you are asking the forum members here whether it's okay to offer an an employer letter for your nonexistent employment, as a shortcut to a complete sponsorship package, you then put at risk those responders who tell you its okay to do that. These forums are monitored by USCIS staff and various State Department staff on a routine basis and it's not very smart to request confirmation of an immigration shortcut that borders on immigration fraud.

--Ray B

Hi if i can get an employer letter will that work ???

Comment

W2 mismatch

Could you please help me in the below issue that I think I am having?

I have filed F2A for my husband and my case has been transferred to NVC. We are waiting on the case number from NVC to be generated. In the meantime I'm collecting all the documents that are needed. The issue is with my W2 form for 2015. I got married in January 2015. but my Taxable marital status on my 2015 W2 says Single. I will be filing the tax return as Married but filing separately as my husband is a non resident alien now.
                        So would the marital status as Single on the W2 form be a problem when sending to NVC?

Please help.

Thanks,
                        Sibiya

Comment

The marital status on your W2 is based on your marital status given to the employer before you married. It does not matter what marital status y our W2 shows, and your income tax return does reflect your correct marital status.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Sibiya24 View Post
                          Could you please help me in the below issue that I think I am having?

I have filed F2A for my husband and my case has been transferred to NVC. We are waiting on the case number from NVC to be generated. In the meantime I'm collecting all the documents that are needed. The issue is with my W2 form for 2015. I got married in January 2015. but my Taxable marital status on my 2015 W2 says Single. I will be filing the tax return as Married but filing separately as my husband is a non resident alien now.
                          So would the marital status as Single on the W2 form be a problem when sending to NVC?

Please help.

Thanks,
                          Sibiya

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            The marital status on your W2 is based on your marital status given to the employer before you married. It does not matter what marital status y our W2 shows, and your income tax return does reflect your correct marital status.

--Ray B
                            Thank you Ray. wouldn't W2 and IRS transcripts contradict each other then? Do you know if NVC is ok with single status on W2?
                            Thanks again for your help!!

Comment

NVC does not audit W2's or transcripts for correct reporting of marital status.

Your single status reported on W2's does not affect your income tax liabiity nor your immigration review.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Sibiya24 View Post
                              Thank you Ray. wouldn't W2 and IRS transcripts contradict each other then? Do you know if NVC is ok with single status on W2?
                              Thanks again for your help!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X