Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with valid OPT after F1 to H1B COS approved

Hi,

My OPT stem extension is valid till May 2016. I have valid F1 visa till 2017. If I plan to apply H1B this year and gets picked and approved in premium processing

1) Can I travel abroad before October 1, 2015 and return in F1 status and on valid OPT?
    2) When will my H1 start after I come back to US and Is is required to go for stamping in my case if I travel abroad sometime in June 2015?
    3)If it is not picked or not approved, Can I still travel and come back keep working till May 2016 on OPT ?

Looking forward for your suggesitions
    Thanks

Any updates?

Originally posted by vpras View Post
    Hi,

My OPT stem extension is valid till May 2016. I have valid F1 visa till 2017. If I plan to apply H1B this year and gets picked and approved in premium processing

1) Can I travel abroad before October 1, 2015 and return in F1 status and on valid OPT?
    2) When will my H1 start after I come back to US and Is is required to go for stamping in my case if I travel abroad sometime in June 2015?
    3)If it is not picked or not approved, Can I still travel and come back keep working till May 2016 on OPT ?

Looking forward for your suggesitions
    Thanks
    Hey, I know it's an old thread but I was just wondering if you found any answer to your question. I'm in the same situation.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X