Status Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    When you or your wife receive the NVC "welcome" letter, complete and submit the form DS-261, agent form, then you have up to a year before doing anything else

--Ray B
    So we will have only 1 year? Incase if I want 3 years then what will be the losses. Our case will be terminated?

Comment

You must have contact with the NVC at least once each year. I wouldn't push it too far, though.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
      So we will have only 1 year? Incase if I want 3 years then what will be the losses. Our case will be terminated?

Comment

You must have contact with the NVC at least once each year. I wouldn't push it too far, though.

--Ray B
        Ray B,

I need your help once again.
        Finally I am sending my civil documents to my wife in US. I am sending all ORIGINAL documents and want to know your guidance if I have to send any form that needs my signature. Like with I-130 petition I filled and signed G-325A form, infact also sent two affidavits who attended our marriage. It will be costly and time consuming if I miss to send any required documents.

Please help accordingly.

Zain

Comment

For the NVC processing step, the only "original signature" documents are the sponsorship forms (I-864 and I-864A) from petitioner and any co-sponsors.

--Ray B

Ray B,

I need your help once again.
          Finally I am sending my civil documents to my wife in US. I am sending all ORIGINAL documents and want to know your guidance if I have to send any form that needs my signature. Like with I-130 petition I filled and signed G-325A form, infact also sent two affidavits who attended our marriage. It will be costly and time consuming if I miss to send any required documents.

Please help accordingly.

Zain

Comment

Your sponsorship documents should be submitted by your wife in the U.S. to the NVC, in New Hampshire. Your civil documents should be sent to her to forward to the NVC.

The beneficiary abroad (you) does not sponsor himself.

--Ray B
            Ray,

I understood this what you said but I read something different on immhelp website. It is written "if appropriate submit documents to NVC through email". If documents will be submitting through email (scanned) then why should I courier my documents to my wife ?

Zain

Comment

It depends on the country. In what country will you be interviewed?

Also, the civil documents can now be submitted as copies, and the certified/original carried to the interview.

But only for certain countries can the documents be emailed to the NVC.

--Ray B

Ray,

I understood this what you said but I read something different on immhelp website. It is written "if appropriate submit documents to NVC through email". If documents will be submitting through email (scanned) then why should I courier my documents to my wife ?

Zain

Comment

It depends on the country. In what country will you be interviewed?

Also, the civil documents can now be submitted as copies, and the certified/original carried to the interview.

But only for certain countries can the documents be emailed to the NVC.

--Ray B
                Thank you for taking up this Ray.

I will be giving interview in Pakistan, Islamabad.

If copies of my civil documents documents are acceptable then my wife have copies of all the documents. I was thinking the same like if nvc needs original documents for processing then how they will return back to me at the time of interview.

Zain

Comment

Thank you for taking up this Ray.

I will be giving interview in Pakistan, Islamabad.

If copies of my civil documents documents are acceptable then my wife have copies of all the documents. I was thinking the same like if nvc needs original documents for processing then how they will return back to me at the time of interview.

Zain
                  Hi All,

Can anyone please answer because I am still on hold with my documents.

Zain

Comment

Zain,

You can now send photocopies of civil documents to the NVC and then take originals with you to the Embassy interview. This is a fairly recent change, as only a few months ago, the NVC was religious about sending RFE's for documents that were only submitted as photocopies.

--Ray B

Hi All,

Can anyone please answer because I am still on hold with my documents.

Zain

Comment

Zain,

You can now send photocopies of civil documents to the NVC and then take originals with you to the Embassy interview. This is a fairly recent change, as only a few months ago, the NVC was religious about sending RFE's for documents that were only submitted as photocopies.

--Ray B
                      Dear Ray,

Thank you for useful information and help. We have received nvc letter and paid fee online and now my wife is submitting affidavit of support along with required documents
                      Meanwhile I am preparing ds260 form.

Zain

Comment

Dear Ray,

Thank you for useful information and help. We have received nvc letter and paid fee online and now my wife is submitting affidavit of support along with required documents
                        Meanwhile I am preparing ds260 form.

Zain
                        Ray,

I have an important query.
                        How much fees we have to pay to NVC? My wife just paid $ 120 online in order to proceed AOS. Do I have to pay some other fee with ds260 form? And what is the sequence to pay fees and submit of documents?

Zain

Comment

There are two fees: $120 billed at start of NVC experience, and $325 billed after NVC receives DS-261 (agent form).

--Ray B

Ray,

I have an important query.
                          How much fees we have to pay to NVC? My wife just paid $ 120 online in order to proceed AOS. Do I have to pay some other fee with ds260 form? And what is the sequence to pay fees and submit of documents?

Zain

Comment

There are two fees: $120 billed at start of NVC experience, and $325 billed after NVC receives DS-261 (agent form).

--Ray B
                            Ray,
                            My wife has paid $120 online and it says in processing because it takes 2-3 days. Now what will be the next step? And this $325 is for what? And is there no any fee for ds260? We have chooses an agent online and filled ds261 but nothing is coming that we have to pay $325. I am sorry its little confusing. I am sorry..

Comment

The $325 is the immigrant visa fee.

--Ray B

Ray,
                              My wife has paid $120 online and it says in processing because it takes 2-3 days. Now what will be the next step? And this $325 is for what? And is there no any fee for ds260? We have chooses an agent online and filled ds261 but nothing is coming that we have to pay $325. I am sorry its little confusing. I am sorry..

Comment

The $325 is the immigrant visa fee.

--Ray B
                                I need help to understand which form and step is first during nvc process. Our payment $120 is showing paid but no further instructions are given. Need serious help because we are still ready with everything but due to any wrong step just on hold.

Zain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X