Status Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zain,

Your wife can now submit the sponsorship and civil documents to the NVC, using the cover page that came with your Welcome Letter.

When you get the $325 visa bill from the NVC, pay it.

When the IV DS-260 online form is available for you to fill out, fill it out.

The above are all the instructions you need. Waiting for the NVC to tell you what to do is "waiting for Godot," (a literary reference).

--Ray B

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
    I need help to understand which form and step is first during nvc process. Our payment $120 is showing paid but no further instructions are given. Need serious help because we are still ready with everything but due to any wrong step just on hold.

Zain

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Zain,

Your wife can now submit the sponsorship and civil documents to the NVC, using the cover page that came with your Welcome Letter.

When you get the $325 visa bill from the NVC, pay it.

When the IV DS-260 online form is available for you to fill out, fill it out.

The above are all the instructions you need. Waiting for the NVC to tell you what to do is "waiting for Godot," (a literary reference).

--Ray B
      I was thinking I am over with all this but I guess the real issue has started now.

Form IV is still not available to fill. I am afraid it is because we didn't wait 15 days after ds-261 form, further we send documents to the nvc immediately after $120 fees. We have not followed the actual sequence of process.

Zain

Comment

I was thinking I am over with all this but I guess the real issue has started now.

Form IV is still not available to fill. I am afraid it is because we didn't wait 15 days after ds-261 form, further we send documents to the nvc immediately after $120 fees. We have not followed the actual sequence of process.

Zain
        Dear Ray,

Awaiting for your feedback please.

Zain

Comment

It has nothing to do with sending sponsorship and civil documents ahead of time. That was okay.

--Ray B
          Dear Ray,

Awaiting for your feedback please.

Zain

Comment

It has nothing to do with sending sponsorship and civil documents ahead of time. That was okay.

--Ray B
            Dear Ray,

Thanks for your reply. But what about DS-260 form? Why it is still unavailable on ceac website neither payment option is able to pay form IV fee.

Zain

Comment

Your $325 payment must be received and posted by the NVC before the DS-260 can be made availale.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

Thanks for your reply. But what about DS-260 form? Why it is still unavailable on ceac website neither payment option is able to pay form IV fee.

Zain

Comment

Your $325 payment must be received and posted by the NVC before the DS-260 can be made availale.

--Ray B
                Dear Ray,

If you look at the website ceac.state.gov NOW it says "We are aware that some applicants are facing problems to access DS-260 forms... Please contact your embassy..."

Embassy / Consulates don't talk on phones and respond only to emails, faxes and posted letters. I have emailed them 3 times regarding this and three weeks has been lost but no answer at all.

We are worried about all this because we have no window who listens our problems.

Zain

Comment

Despite that DS-260 message, people I am talking to haven't been experiencing any problems beyond delays of a few weeks.
                  With persistence, you can talk to someone at the NVC.
                  Embassy contact success varies with the particular Embassy.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

If you look at the website ceac.state.gov NOW it says "We are aware that some applicants are facing problems to access DS-260 forms... Please contact your embassy..."

Embassy / Consulates don't talk on phones and respond only to emails, faxes and posted letters. I have emailed them 3 times regarding this and three weeks has been lost but no answer at all.

We are worried about all this because we have no window who listens our problems.

Zain

Comment

Despite that DS-260 message, people I am talking to haven't been experiencing any problems beyond delays of a few weeks.
                    With persistence, you can talk to someone at the NVC.
                    Embassy contact success varies with the particular Embassy.

--Ray B
                    Dear Ray,

Can you pleas help to understand this statement.

Naturalization:Becoming a Citizen
                    The process of becoming a U.S.citizen is called “naturalization.”You can apply for naturalization once you meet the following requirements:

Live in the U.S.for at least five years as a permanent resident (or three years if married to and living with a U.S.citizen).

Are present in the U.S.for at least 30 months out of the past five years (or 18 months out of the past three years if married to and living with a U.S.citizen).

What I understand is .. after continuous resident in the US up to 18 months you become eligible for naturalization. Rest 12 months can be spend outside the US or inside the US and then after you get citizenship.

Zain

Comment

It's not quite that simple to meet the "continuous residency" requirement. If you are outside the U.S. during the "2 years and 9 months" waiting period, none of your trips outside the U.S. can be 6 months or more, and total time outside the U.S. cannot be 18 months or longer.

--Ray b

Dear Ray,

Can you pleas help to understand this statement.

Naturalization:Becoming a Citizen
                      The process of becoming a U.S.citizen is called “naturalization.”You can apply for naturalization once you meet the following requirements:

Live in the U.S.for at least five years as a permanent resident (or three years if married to and living with a U.S.citizen).

Are present in the U.S.for at least 30 months out of the past five years (or 18 months out of the past three years if married to and living with a U.S.citizen).

What I understand is .. after continuous resident in the US up to 18 months you become eligible for naturalization. Rest 12 months can be spend outside the US or inside the US and then after you get citizenship.

Zain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X