Status Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Online

My wife is a US citizen and submitted the petition on 1st November. Still we haven't received anything from uscis just expect a receipt notice "we have received your petition and so on". The same messages is there on uscis online case tracking site.

Is it time to approach someone? Is there anything we can followup regarding our case?

Hope to have some useful suggestions.

Zain

Has the submittal check been cashed?
    Did your wife receive an email or text message fro having used the form G-1145 form with the submittal?
    Did your wife follow the Post Office tracking info from her mailing packet?

--Ray B

Originally posted by Zain.aziz View Post
    My wife is a US citizen and submitted the petition on 1st November. Still we haven't received anything from uscis just expect a receipt notice "we have received your petition and so on". The same messages is there on uscis online case tracking site.

Is it time to approach someone? Is there anything we can followup regarding our case?

Hope to have some useful suggestions.

Zain

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Has the submittal check been cashed?
      Did your wife receive an email or text message fro having used the form G-1145 form with the submittal?
      Did your wife follow the Post Office tracking info from her mailing packet?

--Ray B
      Following is the status:

She submitted the money gram so it was confirmed payment. Can not trace through bank because it was made against cash.
      Yes she received a text msg
      "USCIS: Your case was received.Receipt # LIN xxxxxxxxxx
      Official receipt notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail."

Yes by mail she received one letter which is stating a heading on top"Form I-797 C, Notice of Action" and details written below is case type, receipt number, priority date, received date, notice date. But till date no new forms and instructions to proceed further.

Zain

Comment

Ray, I have answered what you were asking. Could you please see and reply.

Thanks
        Zain

Comment

You have a receipt number that can be used to request a followup, either with an INFOPASS or by calling the 800 help number.

Excepting that you have not received a postal-mailed receipt Notice of Action, your processing is normal so far.

--Ray B

Following is the status:

She submitted the money gram so it was confirmed payment. Can not trace through bank because it was made against cash.
          Yes she received a text msg
          "USCIS: Your case was received.Receipt # LIN xxxxxxxxxx
          Official receipt notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail."

Yes by mail she received one letter which is stating a heading on top"Form I-797 C, Notice of Action" and details written below is case type, receipt number, priority date, received date, notice date. But till date no new forms and instructions to proceed further.

Zain

Comment

You have a receipt number that can be used to request a followup, either with an INFOPASS or by calling the 800 help number.

Excepting that you have not received a postal-mailed receipt Notice of Action, your processing is normal so far.

--Ray B
            Our new online status on uscis.gov website is.

On March 27, 2015, we approved your Form I-130, Immigration Petition... We will mail your approval notice.

Is it something good news or just a first step?

I will appreciate if anyone can highlight what documents / forms do I need to arrange in my country and what documents / forms my wife is required to complete?

We want papers to get ready without wasting time.

Thanks
            Zain
            Last edited by Zain.aziz; 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Our new online status on uscis.gov website is.

On March 27, 2015, we approved your Form I-130, Immigration Petition... We will mail your approval notice.

Is it something good news or just a first step?

I will appreciate if anyone can highlight what documents / forms do I need to arrange in my country and what documents / forms my wife is required to complete?

We want papers to get ready without wasting time.

Thanks
              Zain
              Dear Ray,
              I am desperately looking for your reply.

Zain.

Comment

Dear Ray,

Zain.
                is there any expert who can answer please. What are the steps after approval of i-130 and what documents / forms do we need.

Thanks
                Zain

Comment

Zain,

Your I-130 has been approved. Your next step will be the National Visa Center, which will bill your for $120 and $325, to be paid online. You will then send them the i-864 and sponsorship supporting documents, as well as civil documents (2 passport-style photos, police clearances, original/certified birth and marriage certificate, copy of her passport ID page). You will also have to complete the online visa application form, DS-260.
                  Whether you send as scans or hardcopies depends on your country of processing.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

Zain.

Comment

Zain,

Your I-130 has been approved. Your next step will be the National Visa Center, which will bill your for $120 and $325, to be paid online. You will then send them the i-864 and sponsorship supporting documents, as well as civil documents (2 passport-style photos, police clearances, original/certified birth and marriage certificate, copy of her passport ID page). You will also have to complete the online visa application form, DS-260.
                    Whether you send as scans or hardcopies depends on your country of processing.

--Ray B
                    Dear Ray,
                    We are thankful for your kind reply.
                    It is okay to pay the fees online but then who is going to fill I-864? It will be submitted in usa by my wife or by me here as beneficiary. As per my understanding, my wife will send me sponsorship supporting documents and civil documents (2 passport-style photos, police clearances, original/certified birth and marriage certificate, copy of her passport ID page) I will make them ready on my own?

Regards,
                    Waqas

Comment

Your sponsorship documents should be submitted by your wife in the U.S. to the NVC, in New Hampshire. Your civil documents should be sent to her to forward to the NVC.

The beneficiary abroad (you) does not sponsor himself.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,
                      We are thankful for your kind reply.
                      It is okay to pay the fees online but then who is going to fill I-864? It will be submitted in usa by my wife or by me here as beneficiary. As per my understanding, my wife will send me sponsorship supporting documents and civil documents (2 passport-style photos, police clearances, original/certified birth and marriage certificate, copy of her passport ID page) I will make them ready on my own?

Regards,
                      Waqas

Comment

Your sponsorship documents should be submitted by your wife in the U.S. to the NVC, in New Hampshire. Your civil documents should be sent to her to forward to the NVC.

--Ray B
                        Dear Ray,

Thanks for your reply.
                        finally we have received I-797, notice of action letter. There were no forms and we have to wait till 30 days for any further action.

Can you please tell me the difference in different following forms.

I 864, I 864 W, I 864 EZ, I 864 A

Actually which form among all we need to use.

Zain

Comment

Your wife should submit form I-864 with her employment and income tax supporting documents.

She can also use form I-864EZ if her income and tax filing are uncomplicated. If she uses a co-sponsor, the needed "864" forms depend on whether the co-sponsor is a relative or not, living with her or not.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

Thanks for your reply.
                          finally we have received I-797, notice of action letter. There were no forms and we have to wait till 30 days for any further action.

Can you please tell me the difference in different following forms.

I 864, I 864 W, I 864 EZ, I 864 A

Actually which form among all we need to use.

Zain

Comment

--Ray B
                            Ray B,

As discussed earlier on this forum our case has been forwarded to department of state for visa processing thats what online status says. My wife is waiting for letter from nvc so she could pay fee online. Now I have a very different situation and I want your consideration. Due to some serious concerns I don't want to migrate to US and my wife will back here. In light of this situation how we can stop our case or what will be the situation? Is it possible to stop where we are and resume later without hurdles?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Zain

Comment

When you or your wife receive the NVC "welcome" letter, complete and submit the form DS-261, agent form, then you have up to a year before doing anything else

--Ray B

Ray B,

As discussed earlier on this forum our case has been forwarded to department of state for visa processing thats what online status says. My wife is waiting for letter from nvc so she could pay fee online. Now I have a very different situation and I want your consideration. Due to some serious concerns I don't want to migrate to US and my wife will back here. In light of this situation how we can stop our case or what will be the situation? Is it possible to stop where we are and resume later without hurdles?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Zain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X