Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical condition preventing me from flying (will have to overstay 90 days of ESTA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical condition preventing me from flying (will have to overstay 90 days of ESTA)

Hi,
    im a british citizen and travelled to the U.S January 28th 2015. My 90 days will take me up to April 28th 2015. I have generalized anxiety disorder (diagnosed last year). Im not able to travel ALONE. On the way to USA (Jan 28th) i was with my auntie so was able to fly here. Now i have to go back on April 28th it will be by myself on that flight which is why i cannot travel. It might sound like petty anxiety, but it is an actual medical condition. Im planning to leave the U.S July 8th 2015 as my auntie will travel back to London with me so there is no problem.

So what my problem is, i will obviously have to overstay my visa by about 2 and a half months. I read on the USCIS website they only allow you 30 days after your original 90days for serious medical conditions. I dont know what to do. Will i not be allowed back into the U.S if i overstay for this reason ? i was planning to go to college here in september 2015 (F1 visa) and maybe even live here when im older.

Thanks

You definitely don't want to overstay beyond the 30 days. If you can't make other arrangements I'd recommend the following:
    Do an infopass with USCIS, check the infopass website and visit a USCIS branch office to ask for information. Explain your condition to an officer and see if there's a remedy.

My guess is that they'll probably do nothing and tell you it was your responsibility to make plans, and that if your plans fail, to make new plans (even if they are costly).

One possible solution could be to travel to Canada and attempt to re-enter the US on a new ESTA so you can get another 90 days.
    You need to look this up online on the ICE and USCIS websites and verify that you can enter the US via Canada on an ESTA by land.

Comment

You poor thing. My husband had the same problem as you when he wanted to fly to L.A. from Sweden....a lengthy 13 hour flight. I would suggest just taking some xanax and getting some of those little alchie bottles. It will knock you out and you won't even know you were flying! Thats what my man did. He was messed up when he arrived but arrived in one piece! Good luck in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by kingleon312 View Post
        Hi,
        im a british citizen and travelled to the U.S January 28th 2015. My 90 days will take me up to April 28th 2015. I have generalized anxiety disorder (diagnosed last year). Im not able to travel ALONE. On the way to USA (Jan 28th) i was with my auntie so was able to fly here. Now i have to go back on April 28th it will be by myself on that flight which is why i cannot travel. It might sound like petty anxiety, but it is an actual medical condition. Im planning to leave the U.S July 8th 2015 as my auntie will travel back to London with me so there is no problem.

So what my problem is, i will obviously have to overstay my visa by about 2 and a half months. I read on the USCIS website they only allow you 30 days after your original 90days for serious medical conditions. I dont know what to do. Will i not be allowed back into the U.S if i overstay for this reason ? i was planning to go to college here in september 2015 (F1 visa) and maybe even live here when im older.

Thanks
        Do not overstay. Period. Especially, if you are seeking a future in the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X