Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help running out of time

i am a out of status f1 student applying for green card through marriage
    I filed I 485 green card through marriage aboUT a month ago. I just receive a RFE stating that based on the documents submitted with form I 864 the income didn't meet 125% of the poverty guideline for the petitioner/sponsor household.submit evidence of assets that meet the standard listed below or obtain a joint sponsor
    *asset must equal the difference for applicants filing as orphans , a spouse, or child of an active duty military member
    *asset must equal three times the difference for a spouse or child of a united states citizen
    *asset must equal five times the difference for all others
    Evidence of assets include
    *bank statement covering the last 12 month or a statement from an officer of the bank
    *evidence of ownership and value stock bonds and certificate of deposit
    *evidence of ownership a recent licensed appraisal or county taX assessment.
    please can anyone help me tell me what specifically they are asking for. When submitting my application I included the I 864 along with our jointly filed tax return even though i am not working at this point.we are a family of 3 which include my husband our 11 month old and me.my husband makes around 26000 a year. is this enough what else should i submit .i am running out of time to send the new application.

125% of the poverty guideline for 2015 according to the I-864 for your household would be $25,112
    My understanding is that you need to show your husband has 3x that in assets, meaning he needs to prove he owns $75,336 worth of assets.
    My guess is that this is a guideline and that if you manage to prove he's close to it, then it will be good enough.

If you have doubts, book a free infopass appointment with USCIS and ask your questions to an officer.
    You can also call USCIS customer service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X