f1 student wprries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 student wprries

my girlfriend is an F1 student and she is working off campus with no permit to work and she get paid with check but now we married and we trying to file her documents to ajust her status to permanent residence. this my question, is her application be rejected or approved even when she is married to me and im a us citizen?

Well if nobody finds out then it will be approved but before she gets the green card they'll have to make sure she paid taxes. If she got paid by check, it will be in her bank account. If it's a US bank account, then there's a chance some questions could be asked. If she didn't pay taxes on income, there might be IRS penalty because she didn't pay income taxes. Once she pays the penalty, I'm not sure. She might okay since you're a US citizen, as long as she didn't commit any crimes.

Comment

F1 worries 22222

But she is being paid with checks and taxes are been taking away from her pay check. So is there anyways immigration can find out that she is working off campus and is she gives them reasonable reasons y she worked off campus, can her application be accepted or denied?

Comment

Help needed f1

My galfriend is an f1 student and still in a good status but she is working off campus without a work permit and she get paid by check but we are married nw n we trying to file the adjustment papers. Can she be denied because she is working without a work permit?

Comment

Well they will find out 100% sure. When you apply for the green card you need to show your tax returns. They will see she had income and paid taxes on it. This is great, no penalty however they will also ask for proof that she was allowed to work. If there's a lot of money and that she made that money during school time, then you can be sure they'll ask. I am not sure exactly what will happen honestly. You need to talk to a lawyer about this, don't gamble.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X