Sent off additional documents needed for Immigrant Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent off additional documents needed for Immigrant Visa

We recently sent off a new Affidavit of Support form in order to process my husbands Immigrant Visa as it was placed on hold until they received a new one (messed up on the first one). We dropped it off at our local DX courier service and it was delivered to the Embassy in London.

I was wondering how long it will take for us to receive a response from the Embassy?

Courier-In Authorization Certificate

Hi Liz,

I am currently having the same problem as you were having - I cant find the 'Print Instructions' button, and cant see how to print the 'Courier-in Authorization Certificate'. Did you find a way to get the certificate or were you able to send your documents into the embassy without a certificate?

Thanks,

Bas

Comment

Originally posted by BAZEEEM View Post
      Hi Liz,

I am currently having the same problem as you were having - I cant find the 'Print Instructions' button, and cant see how to print the 'Courier-in Authorization Certificate'. Did you find a way to get the certificate or were you able to send your documents into the embassy without a certificate?

Thanks,

Bas
      I sent you a message.

Comment

SAME PROBLEM + something else

I went to my appointment without having paid the SEVIS fee.
        They gave me a refusal letter under Section 22A(g), telling me to pay the fee that very same day and send them the proof of payment to a given email address, which I did.
        Then I have to wait 2 workdays (appointment on Thursday August 3rd, it's Tuesday August 8th now), go to the website they indicate, sign in to my account, click on the link on "Print Instructions", so far so good.
        Then I can't "View Courier-in Receipt" at the bottom of the page, and still less print the Courier-In Authorisation Certificate.

PLUS I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM

They then say on the letter that once I've done this, I have to take the certificate, the aforementioned letter, my passport and any other document to my chosen courier location.
        HOWEVER, I am confused, I thought for a moment I had my passport with me (as opposed to having left it with the embassy during the appointment), but it turns out I don't?
        Google tells me if they had returned my passport, it would mean that they had rejected my application.
        I called the embassy, explained the situation, and they confirmed that even though my application was rejected under 22A(g) on the day of the appointment, they must have kept my passport.
        But I keep picturing me packing my passport in my bag after the appointment...

Anyone has ever had to submit additional documents after your appointment?
        Did the embassy keep your passport or did you have to submit the additional documents with your passport later?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPONSE, I'M DEEPLY STRESSED RN

Originally posted by BAZEEEM View Post
        Hi Liz,

Thanks,

Bas

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X