OPT going back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT going back to school

I am on F1 visa and graduated from BSN, now I am on OPT that will be expired on 4/25/15 and I have 60 days grace period after that (DL and EAD is valid til 6/25/15). I actually would like to change my status to an E2 visa, but the fund to file for the visa won't be available till next year, so I decided that I will go back to school to keep my status for now till I get the fund to file for E2 visa. I have a few questions as following

1. I’m thinking about enrolling for just a certificate in entrepreneurship course in a community college since I want to start a business here. Do you think it’s possible? Since I already have a BSN and the certificate in entrepreneurship is a lower degree.
    2. If that's possible, I'm thinking about transferring to a new school during my grace period, but when the class must start? ( I20 is expired on 4/24/15, EAD and DL is expired on 6/24/15, my grace period)
    3. Even though I am currently on OPT but I left my volunteer job 5 months ago, but I didn’t inform my advisor. How do I know if I’m still in status?

Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X