Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Details with Old Passport Number

Hi,
    I travelled from India to U.S yesterday and while landing at the POE the officer had requested for the passport.As my old and new passport is tied together with a rubber band i had handed over both together.Today when i check my i94 details online i am unable to find the same.However when i entered the Old passport details i am able to find my last entry date as yesterday and current class of Visa mentioned.Is this an issue for the future.Or i need to change my I94 details with the Old passport kindly clarify pls.This is very urgent as my I9 had to processed with Employer immediately

Regards,
    Hari

Hi,
    Can some one respond if it is better to correct the I94 with the new passport number or the old passport number in i94 should not be a problem in future?...

Regards,
    Hari

Comment

Id definately get it corrected, although legal status its your i94 not your passport however it best to play it safe and get it corrected since anythin else you try to do immigration wise they will ask for your unexpired passport so itll be best thing to correct it

Comment

How to correct passport number in I94

Hi - I have similar issue, n one of my dependent(H4) I-94 has old passport number (POE officer did entry in old passport instead new), could you please share the process how to correct the I94 with new passport number? Do i need to get stamped again @ POE in my dependent new passport again? will it be an issue while for applying extension?

Please advice.

Thanks!!
        Sanath

Comment

You should be good and no need updating I94 record with new passport number

I was having similar confusion. May be this information will help you. You can send your query to and explain your situation there. This email ID was given to me when I speak to boarder protection officer while explaining him my case.

My case which I discussed with him over the phone - My son is in United states on H4. His H4 VISA (visa expires inl nov 2017) is stamped on a passport that is expiring in Mar 2016.
          While he entering to USA, at the port of entry, immigration officer on the I94 stamp which he made , put Nov 17 date (which is visa expiry date and not passport expiry date) as well as electronic I94 also refers to admit until date to Nov 17. On electronic form also refers to this this passport number and admit until date. Now Since this passport is getting expired in Mar 2016, I applied for new passport in US with Indian embassy and also received new passport with new passport number.
          Do i need to get this new passport number updated on I94 form ? Officer mentioned to me , I do not have to get new passport number updated on I94 and I am all good , because I94 is issued till VISA expiry date (Nov 17) and NOT passport expiry date. So just make sure that you carry or show both passports together whenever asked by any office (expired one and new passport all the time after Mar 2016). That's all.

Originally posted by xplorehari View Post
          Hi,
          I travelled from India to U.S yesterday and while landing at the POE the officer had requested for the passport.As my old and new passport is tied together with a rubber band i had handed over both together.Today when i check my i94 details online i am unable to find the same.However when i entered the Old passport details i am able to find my last entry date as yesterday and current class of Visa mentioned.Is this an issue for the future.Or i need to change my I94 details with the Old passport kindly clarify pls.This is very urgent as my I9 had to processed with Employer immediately

Regards,
          Hari

Comment

It's completely fine

It's absolutely fine to have Old Passport number on the I-94 record. At the time, you entered US, your old passport should be valid.

Comment

I am facing a similar issue

Got any solutions ???

Originally posted by asanathk View Post
              Hi - I have similar issue, n one of my dependent(H4) I-94 has old passport number (POE officer did entry in old passport instead new), could you please share the process how to correct the I94 with new passport number? Do i need to get stamped again @ POE in my dependent new passport again? will it be an issue while for applying extension?

Please advice.

Thanks!!
              Sanath
              - - - Updated - - -

I am facing the same issue... Got any solutions ??

Originally posted by xplorehari View Post
              Hi,
              Can some one respond if it is better to correct the I94 with the new passport number or the old passport number in i94 should not be a problem in future?...

Regards,
              Hari

Comment

Same issue happened to me yesterday .. should I work with cbp and get it corrected ??

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by gango View Post
                I was having similar confusion. May be this information will help you. You can send your query to and explain your situation there. This email ID was given to me when I speak to boarder protection officer while explaining him my case.

My case which I discussed with him over the phone - My son is in United states on H4. His H4 VISA (visa expires inl nov 2017) is stamped on a passport that is expiring in Mar 2016.
                While he entering to USA, at the port of entry, immigration officer on the I94 stamp which he made , put Nov 17 date (which is visa expiry date and not passport expiry date) as well as electronic I94 also refers to admit until date to Nov 17. On electronic form also refers to this this passport number and admit until date. Now Since this passport is getting expired in Mar 2016, I applied for new passport in US with Indian embassy and also received new passport with new passport number.
                Do i need to get this new passport number updated on I94 form ? Officer mentioned to me , I do not have to get new passport number updated on I94 and I am all good , because I94 is issued till VISA expiry date (Nov 17) and NOT passport expiry date. So just make sure that you carry or show both passports together whenever asked by any office (expired one and new passport all the time after Mar 2016). That's all.
                Same issue happened to me yesterday ..should I get it corrected by working with cbp ? Or I can live with it ..

Your reply is highly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by May312017 View Post
                  Same issue happened to me yesterday .. should I work with cbp and get it corrected ??

- - - Updated - - -

Same issue happened to me yesterday ..should I get it corrected by working with cbp ? Or I can live with it ..

Your reply is highly appreciated
                  Yes you should get it corrected.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
                    My i94 has admit until date as 11/13/2022, which is my visa validity date. My current passport is valid till 01/06/2021. I have applied for passport renewal.
                    Do i need to apply for fresh I-94 with new passport? Please respond.

Regards,
                    Susanta

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X