Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer - RFE questions

Hai, plz suggest me what I should do :

I was with Employer A working until Feb 2015, as my project got over, I was in bench during March and April 2015. Now i got a very good long run offer from employer B, and they are ready to file my H1transfer with pay stubs until feb 2015 (since i was in bench during March & April, i didn't get paid , so i don't have pay stub for March & April 2015),

My question is :

1) how long it takes for Premium processing for H1b Transfer?

2) can i start working with the filling receipt from May 2015 with employer B ?

3) if I get RFE for not maintaining my status at March & April 2015, will USCIS cancel my previous H1 visa ? ( i have H1 visa from employer A till mid of 2016)

4)will USCIS ask me to go to the home country for new H1 stamping in case if i get RFE for not having March & April pay stub?

Thanks for you feed back

VS

Originally posted by VSen View Post
    Hai, plz suggest me what I should do :

I was with Employer A working until Feb 2015, as my project got over, I was in bench during March and April 2015. Now i got a very good long run offer from employer B, and they are ready to file my H1transfer with pay stubs until feb 2015 (since i was in bench during March & April, i didn't get paid , so i don't have pay stub for March & April 2015),

My question is :

1) how long it takes for Premium processing for H1b Transfer?

2) can i start working with the filling receipt from May 2015 with employer B ?

3) if I get RFE for not maintaining my status at March & April 2015, will USCIS cancel my previous H1 visa ? ( i have H1 visa from employer A till mid of 2016)

4)will USCIS ask me to go to the home country for new H1 stamping in case if i get RFE for not having March & April pay stub?

Thanks for you feed back

VS

H-1B workers must be paid the required wage rate for all nonproductive time caused by conditions related to employment, such as lack of assigned work, lack of a permit, or studying for a licensing exam.

Being on bench is not a valid reason to not get paid. You technically are currently out of status hence a transfer to another employer, premium or non premium , would not be approved. Even if petition is approved , it will be a I797B, that is without an I-94 needing you to leave US and re enter after getting the visa stamped.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1b RFE questions

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/complian...2/whdfs62I.pdf

H-1B workers must be paid the required wage rate for all nonproductive time caused by conditions related to employment, such as lack of assigned work, lack of a permit, or studying for a licensing exam.

Being on bench is not a valid reason to not get paid. You technically are currently out of status hence a transfer to another employer, premium or non premium , would not be approved. Even if petition is approved , it will be a I797B, that is without an I-94 needing you to leave US and re enter after getting the visa stamped.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks so much for replying and guiding me.

Comment

Update Please

Hey! Vsen - Can you please let me know what happened in your case?

Regards,
        ppkk

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X