Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage and F1

Hello guys,

I moved to the US almost 5 years ago after receiving a full scholarship and have graduated in May 2014.
    For the months following my graduation till today I've been on OPT (which I still am until July). My F1 visa will expire in August.
    During my state I've met my boyfriend. We have been together for 4 and half years, and live together since 2012.
    We want to get married at this point and we are planning on doing it next month, mid May 2015.
    My question is about the after marriage.

I will go home (Italy) at the end of June for about a month, for then coming back at the end of July.
    May I bump into any issue getting back in the country because of my marital status?
    Since I cannot (financially) afford to apply for the AOS right after the marriage I am a little concerned about entering slightly before my F1 visa is expiring (again, August 2015).
    What do you think?

My boyfriend and I are a legit couple, we have met each other's family, and we have been planning on building a family for a long time. I just don't want rules to get in the middle of us.

Thanks

Originally posted by jazzrules View Post
    Hello guys,

I moved to the US almost 5 years ago after receiving a full scholarship and have graduated in May 2014.
    For the months following my graduation till today I've been on OPT (which I still am until July). My F1 visa will expire in August.
    During my state I've met my boyfriend. We have been together for 4 and half years, and live together since 2012.
    We want to get married at this point and we are planning on doing it next month, mid May 2015.
    My question is about the after marriage.

I will go home (Italy) at the end of June for about a month, for then coming back at the end of July.
    May I bump into any issue getting back in the country because of my marital status?
    Since I cannot (financially) afford to apply for the AOS right after the marriage I am a little concerned about entering slightly before my F1 visa is expiring (again, August 2015).
    What do you think?

My boyfriend and I are a legit couple, we have met each other's family, and we have been planning on building a family for a long time. I just don't want rules to get in the middle of us.

Thanks
    ciao!
    Ho letto che sei italiana, quindi presumo possa parlarti nella nostra lingua.
    Io sono sposata da un anno con un cittadino americano e vivo in texas ho ottenuto qualche settimana fa la green card. Io mi sono sposata qua e da qua ho iniziato il procedimento di immigrazione. Quello che ti consiglierei di fare, visto che risiedi negli stati uniti con un visto e sposarti qua e iniziare le pratiche. Per l'adjustment of status sara' piu veloce xke passerai da un student visa a permanent resident. In tutto ti ci vorranno un 3 o 4 mesi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X