Should anyone ever buy ICICI Lombard? I don't think so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should anyone ever buy ICICI Lombard? I don't think so

I bought ICICI Lombard Travel Medical Insurance for my visiting parents, unfortunately. I wish I had seen this web site before and all the experiences people have gone through. Based on their claims procedure and the hassles I have been going through, I would not recommend anyone to buy this policy.

----------------------------------------------------
    ICICI CLAIMS Procedure and my comments
    ----------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

This has reference to your call regarding your father’s medical ailment.

Your reference number is 06DEL0***.
    ICICI Lombard shall compensate the Insured for expenses incurred for availing immediate medical assistance required on account of any illness or injury sustained or contracted whilst on a Trip abroad but not exceeding the Sum Insured for the coverage as mentioned in Part I of the Schedule hereto.

Please find appended below the claim procedure information and claim form for your kind perusal.

1. For outpatient consultation(s) / visit to a hospital / doctor including short stays in emergency room of hospital for a few hours, please self-pay the medical expenses and then file the claim directly with the Claims Department at the address below. Please file your claim immediately once the treatment is completed and the claim will be settled within 7 days of having received complete documents. Payment will be made in Rupees only with the exchange rate on the date of loss. The documents must be sent within 30 days of the return to India or expiry of policy, whichever is earlier. The list of
    documents required to attached with the claim for reimbursement are as follows:
    · Covering letter to specify the claim and address for sending the claim ( same as in proposal form)

· Claim Form duly signed by the Treating Doctor and Insured.

· Doctor’s medical report / admission / discharge card and prescriptions in original.

· Original bills and payment receipts for payments made.

· Copy of X-ray report, pathological and investigative reports.

· Copy of passport, visa with entry and exit stamp.

Send To:

CLAIMS DEPARTMENT
    ICICI LOMBARD
    C/O International SOS
    2nd Floor, 2 B, Lotus Towers
    New Friends Colony Community Center
    New Friends Colony
    New Delhi – 110065
    INDIA

KRISHNAN>>>>>>>>>>>>> They did not provide any health insurance card. There is no direct payment. After my parents go back to India, they have to file claims in New Delhi and they will get paid in Indian Rupees. The claims can't be filed before going back because they require the proof of entry back into India for that.

Don't think that for outpatient emergencies, the charges will be low. I had to use several facilities (following the hospitalization as per details in point 2 below) and outpatient bills have run into several thousand dollars that has become very difficult for me to pay out of my pocket.

I am worried how my parents are going to deal with the paperwork and bureaucracy back in India to get that money back.

2. In case of medical hospitalization where the insured is hospitalized for 24 hours or more, please call and notify us immediately. In case of hospitalization, the Insurance medical assistance department will review the medical reports received from the hospital and / or the treating doctor as well as the report from the family / regular doctor in India. If it is confirmed that the admission to a hospital is NOT due to any pre-existing conditions or any exclusion listed in the policy, then the Insurance Company shall settle the payments directly with the hospital less the policy deductible of USD100.

KRISHNAN >>> My father needed to be hospitalized and the hospital was not willing to file claims to India and deal with them in New Delhi, India. They said they will give the bills to me and we need to file the claims myself and we will be liable for treatment charges ourselves.

Collection agencies are after me. It has been more than 4 months and ICICI has not yet settled the claim. In fact, they are not going settle the claim until my parents go back because they require the proof of entering back into India (See the requirement in point #3 below.) My parents are going to stay for 6 months total. And the hospital or collection agency is not going to wait that long.

Therefore, it does not matter what insurance company claims. They claim that the payment will be directly to the hospital. But the hospital needs to be willing to accept that insurance. Otherwise, there is no meaning as hospital is demanding that money from me.

3. In order to expedite processing of the claim for hospitalization, you must send the following documents immediately by fax to +91- 11-5189 8801 or scan and email to us at [email protected]

· Completed Claim Form signed by the Treating Doctor and Insured.

· Name, address and contact details of the Regular/ Family Medical Doctor in India.

· Signed copy of the RELEASE OF MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (ROMIF) to authorize your Treating Doctor and Medical Doctor in India to release your medical information to the Insurance Medical assistance Department.

· Treating Doctor's medical report

· Copy of passport, visa with entry and exit stamp.

KRISHNAN>>> They require Medical doctor in India to give all the medical records. Is there any such system of maintaining the records in India? I am having hard time regarding this.

And I have faxed several documents many times. They claim they never received it. Fax again to India. Fax again to India.

4. Policy Excess. For medical sickness/accident there is a policy excess of USD 100 (deductible) which the Insured will have to bear and this amount cannot be claimed. This implies for any claim the first USD100.00 are to be borne by the insured. This applies for both outpatient and inpatient treatment and is applicable on per diagnosis basis.

5. Sub Limits: If the Insured is treated and / or hospitalized due to medical sickness, disease or accident on the trip abroad and are aged above 56 years, then medical expense will be subjected to sub limits for the benefit of Medical sickness. The following maximum eligible expenses per sickness or Disease are applicable to Insured person aged above 56 years. (Coverage limits are applicable only once the liability is confirmed under the terms and conditions of the policy)

Hospital Room and board, and hospital misc. expenses - maximum US$ 1,600 per day up to 30 days
    Intensive care unit - maximum US$ 3,000 per day up to 7 days
    Surgical treatment - maximum up to US$ 12,000
    Anaesthetist services - up to 25% of surgical treatment
    Physician's visit - maximum US$ 75 per day up to 10 visits
    Diagnostic and pre-admission testing - maximum US$ 750
    Ambulance services - maximum US$ 500

KRISHNAN>>>> This is a big drawback. Even if my claims get settled, it will only be a small portion of the actual expenses. How good is $50,000 or $100,000 that they claim? No body ever explained this to me before. And they don't mention this anywhere in the brochure either, how clever!

Now, after doing lot of research on this topic, I found that there are 2 types of plans. Fixed and comprehensive. And this ICICI plan is only fixed for ages over 55. And just like most people's parents, my parents are above 55. (They are 67 and 63 actually.) I wish I had read https://www.insubuy.com/

6. As per policy terms and conditions “Pre-Existing Condition means the chronic illnesses or ailments and consequences of such illnesses or ailments existing or known to exist at the commencement of the Period of Insurance, even if the same had not been treated, including illnesses treated or for which medical advice has been sought in the last six months before commencement of the Period of Insurance including their consequences.” However, in case of an emergency the policy covers emergency treatment and hospitalization up to the stage of initial stabilization. Thereafter, if the condition is not pre-existing the full treatment will be covered.

KRISHNAN>>> This is another joke. They claim this but they come up so many excuses and reasons claiming that this is not included in that and that is not included in that, it is becomes practically worthless.

7. Your prompt submission of the above documents will enable the medical assistance department to make a medical assessment and recommendation of coverage thereby expediting the claims process.

8. I have attached the Claim Form / ROMIF for your necessary action. Please confirm once you have received this claims advise either on the 24 hr help line or by e-mail.

9. Should you require any further assistance or clarification on this claims procedure matter, please do not

hesitate to contact us at Telephone number +91 11 5189-8868, fax number +91 11 5189-8801 or email to us at [email protected]

KRISHNAN>>>> This may not get attention of many. I have spent lot of money and countless time during the nights calling them, as when I call them during the day time in US, many of the supervisor staff is not available as it is night there.

Teneichong Telien
    Claims Department
    For ICICI LOMBARD
    Tel: 91 11 5189-8868
    Fax: +91 11 5189-8801
    Email: [email protected].
    Last edited by krishnan; 05-12-2006, 11:23 AM.

I am sorry to read your painful story.

I not Indian and therefore, I don't know what kind of protection you have or where you can complain in India, how efficient or practical that complaint procedure may be.

However, if you had purchased insurance from US based company, you could complain to the Department of Insurance and they would be able to help you. You could also file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. They may have been able to help you.

But in your case, it looks like everything is handled from New Delhi, India. Looks like you are on your own in figuring this out.

When you get your claims settled, if at all, I would appreciate if you could kindly write more about experience for the benefit of everyone on these forums.

Comment

I think that as long as there are customers who are looking for lot of coverage at very low price, there will be companies who promise to offer that and take their money.

In my opinion, insurance is a promise for future that needs to be delievered in case of unexpected. It is easy to make promises, but difficult to fulfill.

Everyone must realize that after all, insurance companies are paying you from what they collect from many like you. After deducting their operating expenses, agent commissions and profits, they would be paying the claims. Insurance companies don't have unlimited amount of money to pay the claims. Money doesn't grow on trees.

You definitely need to watch if the premiums are low and there is lots of promised coverage. Otherwise, there will be many more 'Krishnans'.

I hope everyone understands this logic and makes appropriate decision accordingly.

Comment

Very sorry to hear your story Krishnan. I was too in a dilemma to buy an insurance from india or from the US. Infact the insurance plans available from india are very cheap compared to the US plans. But i guess it will defintely make you pay the price later.
        Thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you get all your claims as soon as possible.

Comment

My claims are still pending. No success.

What a mistake we made by purchasing ICICI Lombard insurance.

Comment

ICICI Bank India is Cheating Customer

Dear All,
            ICICI bank is no way safe to keep saving in to our account .ICICI Bank Credit Card Division with their DSA and collection agent having a great association with bank it self to impose any offer policy without customer confirmation and will charge in your statement .till you contact customer care and clarify they will impose heavy interest charges.and soon you will get life threat from their agents, you will not be able to do any thing.If you refuge to pay they will find your saving account In icici bank and with the help of icici bank network and create forged request AUTO DEBIT FACILITY for payment and on-line they will transfer your saving money amount to credit card account. i mate around 100-125 persons every month .

So it is my request to all of the Existing ICICI Bank INDIA customer to Pl maintain bare minimum balance in your account and transfer your saving to other bank account which is safe .Like PNB,CITI Bank,UTI BANK Etc.
            Because you can not get any help from Police also as this type of fraud and cheating is not having any restriction and Law against them in India.

VARUN SHARMA

A Experienced Customer

Comment

Harrasment -Cheating

I have called many times on phone,no response for email.I am sending this again and again.I am submitting this complaint to india's leading web sites.
              ----- Original Message -----
              To: [email protected]
              Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:44 PM
              Subject: HARRASMENT Re: RE:'ICICILom=001-188-902' RE:'ICICICARE=018-851-468' i got cheated-Complaint

I am sending on other email id.I allready called two times from patiala to bombay for about 20 minutes.I feel so much cheated.Despite Emails and phone calls no response fromyou till date.

first time they said System has problem.Second time they said they are not able to solve the problem on phone and asked me to write email.

i emailed so many times,and till date only one response that policy will be cancelled in 7 days.

I want to ask why i have beed issued policy?

the answer i get that you have given approval on phone but i never gave any such approval.

Now i give you 7 days to look into the matter.If you prove that i have given approval on phone i will donate Rs 100000 (one lac) to the ICICI Lombard.

Give me a phone number to talk to senior Person .
              I will make 10000 calls to your company at my own expenses.
              But i will not let you simply say "sorry".

Vinay

To: CustomerSupport
              Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 2:03 PM
              Subject: HARRASMENT Re: RE:'ICICILom=001-188-902' RE:'ICICICARE=018-851-468' i got cheated-Complaint

Sir,
              I want to know how you have given live insurance without getting approval from me.I never gave approval on phone.I feel i get cheated.

i get two letters by post saying that "a purchase against your credit cardno ... converted to equated monthly installment" for a total sum of RS.11040.

I called two times on customer care.

Yes recently i get call from ICICI insurance persons,I never agreed to them for insurance.How can u do this without my approval.This is very serious.

How can u insure a person without taking his consent.

I feel really bad . I feel cheated.

When i asked them to cancel it they gave me two numbers of my complaint

1. 1186939
              2. 1186942

Now i want to cancel my credit card. I asked them to cancel it but they said i cannot till issue resolved.I am patient of blood pressure. I am harrasad by you people for nothing wrong i have done. You cannot compell a person to take a medical family policy.How can u issue a policy automatically.I feel that who so ever has done this is bad.I Have two policies allready of Rs 3 lac with ICICI.I was thinking if this kind of harrasment you will give to people,you should remove your logo"we value your relationship with icici bank".

Still i am confused.At first i thought some one misused my credit card.The letter i get donot show its for insurance policy.You donot know how much i feel harrasad.

I am not a big man,but a ordinary customer.If you cheat people like this ,this is very bad.

I have allready called 2 times on customer care from patiala to chandigargh for 30 minutes.Once they said system is not working.Do you think i am free here and have no work to do.
              Secondly your company is so big and if after writing this letter you people donot look into matter only God will hear me.If you want i can donate this money to you,but donot atleast cheat.Show me approval i gave.

Without any approval i have been issued insurance policy.Its allready 3 days and no call from your side.I am very worried I donot know how you handle so much customers complaint.Without any information how can you issue a policy to customer.

You are harrassing me,No doubt you will cancel policies in 7 days but what about mental harrasment to me. I am a teacher ,i thought ICICI bank is a good bank now i see how good you people are.

It was my mistake that i have taken credit card of ICICI bank and taken policies of ICICI prudential,and also i will advise all my students and teacher not to opt any policy or credit card of ICICI bank.

I am writing all this out of harrasement i feel.I know for such a big bank loosing one customer is no harm to you.

And i thank you so much for giving me this oppurtunity well in time,otherwise it may be late.Now for life i swear i will not take any policy of ICICI.

Tommorow i am giving complaint in news paper and will go to consumer court also as you are not able to solve my problem.

Vinay Garg

ph 9815611999
              To: Vinay Garg
              Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 12:56 AM
              Subject: RE:'ICICILom=001-188-902' RE:'ICICICARE=018-851-468' i got cheated-Complaint

Dear Sir,

Greetings from ICICI Lombard

This is with reference to your mail dated July 25, 2006, we wish to appraise your request for Personal accident policy cancellation would be processed in the next 7 working days.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to write to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Assuring you of best services always

Customer Support Team

ICICI Lombard General Insurance Limited.

-----Original Message-----
              Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 03:39 PM
              To: [email protected] ([email protected])
              Cc: [email protected] ([email protected])
              Subject: RE:'ICICICARE=018-851-468' i got cheated-Complaint

Dear team,

Please assist.

Dear Mr. Garg,

As per our telephonic conversation, we have forwarded your request to the department concerned.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar

-----Original Message-----
              Date: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:09 PM
              To: [email protected] ([email protected])
              Subject: i got cheated-Complaint

Sir,

i get two letters by post saying that "a purchase against your credit cardno ... converted to equated monthly installment" for a total sum of RS.11040.

I called two times on customer care.

Yes recently i get call from ICICI insurance persons,I never agreed to them for insurance.How can u do this without my approval.This is very serious.

How can u insure a person without taking his consent.

I feel really bad . I feel cheated.

When i asked them to cancel it they gave me two numbers of my complaint

1. 1186939
              2. 1186942

Now i want to cancel my credit card. I asked them to cancel it but they said i cannot till issue resolved.I am patient of blood pressure. I am harrasad by you people for nothing wrong i have done. You cannot compell a person to take a medical family policy.How can u issue a policy automatically.I feel that who so ever has done this is bad.I Have two policies allready of Rs 3 lac with ICICI.I was thinking if this kind of harrasment you will give to people,you should remove your logo"we value your relationship with icici bank".

Still i am confused.At first i thought some one misused my credit card.The letter i get donot show its for insurance policy.You donot know how much i feel harrasad.

I am not a big man,but a ordinary customer.If you cheat people like this ,this is very bad.

I have allready called 2 times on customer care from patiala to chandigargh for 30 minutes.Once they said system is not working.Do you think i am free here and have no work to do.
              Secondly your company is so big and if after writing this letter you people donot look into matter only God will hear me.If you want i can donate this money to you,but donot atleast cheat.Show me approval i gave.

Vinay Garg

ph 9815611999

Comment

ICICI Lombard Travelers Insurance is a fraud

We always buy insurance for my parents when they travel to US to visit us. Last trip my mother was hospitalized in ER as her sodium level fell dangerously low. Since she was admitted to the ER - they did not charge anything to get her admitted and treatment upfront. She had never had this problem before and was not a preexisting condition. After 7 days - she was discharged. The doctors wrote that this was not a preexisting condition. We had been in touch with ICICI Lombard throughout the ordeal and they had assured us that all costs would be covered as per the Insurance agreement. We submitted all the paperwork - before my parents back to India via email and fax. We also submitted all papers in India as soon as my parents landed in Delhi.

Once they knew that my parents were back in India they rejected the claim saying that this was a preexisting condition. The US hospital could not sue us for the money as the patient was my mom and they could not reach my parents for the money ($5000 ) since they were now in India. We were enraged since the hospital had taken great care of my mom and so we wanted to fight for the hospital to get the money back - also since we had paid for the insurance this was just a slimy trick by ICICI not to give the money. My husband emailed saying that he wanted the Doctor's name who had denied the claim. As soon as he said that - they said that they will compensate the amount. For the out of pocket claim of $2000, they only paid my mom $300 for the first clinic visit where they had recommended that she be admitted to the ER.

Now back in the US - they never paid the hospital the $5000 that they had said in email that they would. So my husband forwarded all the emails to the hospital billing department as well as copied ICICI Lombard on it. At last when they realized that we could expose them in a court or media they paid everything but $20 for TV in the room to the hospital.

So now - I am never going to trust travelers insurance from India - I would rather have a high deductible of a $1000 and buy one from the US.

Those who have had the misfortune of dealing with ICICI Lombard in the US. here is what you must do - maintain an email trail in US and in India and make sure that you copy everyone (hospitals, doctors, ICICI Lombard, Claims agent). Keep sending them emails once a week and anything they say verbally to you, write in an email and send it to them saying that this was what was siad on the phone. Also when they reject the claim - to ask which doctor has made the recommendation to reject the claim - most of the times they just say that so some %age of people would just take their word for it and not challenge them - and thus ICICI make an illegal and immoral profit. Of course you must also make sure that your claim is valid and the doctors here will back you up. Next - Make sure that you clue in the hospital to how these guys operate once the treatment is over, it is always better to have the full weight of the Hospital Billing Department behind you in the fight to get your claims taken care of. Please fight for the hospital if they do not pay them.

Comment

ICICI Lombard Unfair Business

I have taken an overseas travel policy in Chennai for a travel to US for 6 months. Based on the policy’s refund procedure, I am eligible for a refund of the unused portion (3+ months) because of my returning back to India.

I am a senior citizen, and I had to talk more than 6 times with the customer service of ICICI Lombard, in vain, and till date I have not received the refund, even after escalating the details to the grievance people as advertised in their website (Three names are mentioned), however, they do not even have professional ethics to respond to customer query.

I am old enough to raise this battle legally, and with such a pathetic customer service, I would strongly not recommened anyone to take any of ICICI Lombard’s policies. In case of any requirements as to details of this case, I would be happy to provide.

I have paid around Rs.19000 in terms of premium amount, on which, almost half of the amount is eligible for refund for non-usage, as per the policy terms. There are no claims or whatsoever against the policy, however, I got a response from a customer service professional - Pankaj Chettri, that I have claimed an amount of 300USD! If this is the case, ICICI should be paying me this money back! However, this cannot happen, as there was no such claim. I am getting a sense that ICICI enters in fradulent transactions similar to what I have quoted above, and probably, some bigger fish is yet unrevealed.

If you want to waste your money, energy and time, get disrepected and cheated, you have to knock at ICICI Lombard for a policy.

Subbiah, Overseas Travel Policy Holder of ICICI Lombard (Oct 16 - Jan 20)

Comment

I would strongly with the views of Mr.Subbaiah. I had taken insurance from ICICI-LOMBARD but closed the policy earlier as my in-laws returned earlier than planned.

1. Customer support does not respond promptly.
                    2. So far(after 4 months), I have only received the refund for my father-in-law but not for my mother-in-law. Customer support says amount is credited back to my credit card - but it is not. When I asked customer to verify again and provide me more details on the refund, they want me to share my credit card statement to prove that I have not received the credit.

What absurdit is this ? My credit card statement is personal and confidential and I dont have to share it to prove that I have not receive the credit. Cant ICICI-LOMBARD check its own accounting records to see if a payment is credited or not ?

3. ICICI-Lombard site has a complaint/greivance section where you can escalate these issues. However, that never works. When you submit, it prompts to enter Bank Name but there is no such field on that screen. I submitted this also to customer support to fix the error but no response/action. In essence, you cannot even escalate any issue other than emailing the dumb '[email protected]'.

Never trust ICICI Lombard.

Regards,

Comment

They will not renew your overseas medical policy if u have claim/if u wentto hospital

The following is an experience of Mr. Singh and an Eye-opener for any one looking into buying insurance from ICICI.

More info at: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...e-c253876.html
                      >>>>>

Company information:
                      ICICI LOMBARD TRAVEL INSURANCE
                      United States

HAI,
                      FIRST OF ALL STRICTLY STRICTLY DONT PURCHASE THE TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY(MY SUGGESTION).
                      WHEN I STARTED FROM NEW DELHI INDIA I TOOK THE TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM ICICI LOMBARD FOR 500000 (FIVE LAKH DOLLARS) WITH 100 $ DEDUCTABLE AND ONE DAY I WAS ILL AND WENT TO HOSPITAL AND THERE THE DOCTORS PERFORMED MY TESTS AND SUGGESTED THE TREATMENT FOR IT AND NOW THEY ARE NOT PAYING FOR THOSE BILLS AND HOSPITAL IS SENDING ME THOSE BILLS AGAIN AND AGAIN WHICH IS A BIG PROBLEM AND SECONDLY I CALLED THEM TO RENEW MY POLICY (WHICH AS PER ICICI LOMBARD IS ALWYS POSSIBLE TO RENEW) THEY QUOTED THE PRICE, TOOK THE MONEY, AND AFTER FEW DAYS THEY SAID THAT THEY CANNOT RENEW THE POLICY BECAUSE I HAD SEEN THE DOCTOR AND THEY HAD CLAIMED THE MONEY FOR MY TESTS AND EVERYTHING FROM ICICI LOMBARD/ UNITED HEALTH CARE IN USA.
                      THIS IS REALLY A B'SHT AS THEY CHEATED ME AS I AM HERE WITH A TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM THEM AND AT USA I CANNOT GET THE NEW TRAVEL INSURANCE AS THE NEW COMPANY WILL NOT COVER MY PROBLEM WHICH HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED ONCE, AS THEY NEVER COVER PRE EXISTING DISEASE AND NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO WITHOUT THE HEALTH INSURANCE.
                      BUT BEFORE PURCHASING TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM ICICI LOMBARD THEY NEVER TOLD ME THAT THEY NEVER EXTEND THE POLICIES IF SOME BODY GOES TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND THE MEDICAL PEOPLE CLAIMS THE MONEY FOR THE TRATMENT FROM ICICI LOMBARD AND SECONDLY THEY TOOK THE MONEY FROM ME FOR THE EXTENSION OF MY POLICY AND AFTER TAKING THE MONEY THEY REFUSED TO EXTEND THE POLICY (MY MONEY IS STILL WITH ICICI LOMBARD) AND IF THESE COMPANIES DONT HAVE THE GUTS TO PAY THE BILLS OF THE MEDICAL PROBLEMS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS WHY THEY DO SUCH A BIG POLICIES FOR 5 LAC DOLLARS EQUALS TO 2.5 CRORES OF INDIAN RUPEES. BUT IT IS REALLY BAD AS THEY KNOW THAT THEIR CUSTOMER IS IN MEDICAL PROBLEM AND HE WILL AGAIN SEE THE DOCTOR AND THE DOCTOR WILL AGAIN CLAIM THE MONEY FROM THEM SO THEY FEEL BETTER NOT TO GIVE EXTENSION TO THOSE CUSTOMERS WHO CAN SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT.
                      THE REP'S OF INSURANCE COMPANY ALSO TOLD ME TO GIVE THEM IN WRITTEN THAT I WILL NOT SEE THE DOCTORS AGAIN AND THEN THEY WILL RENEW MY INSURANCE.
                      >>>>>>

The Crazy thing is the last statement
                      >>>
                      THE REP'S OF INSURANCE COMPANY ALSO TOLD ME TO GIVE THEM IN WRITTEN THAT I WILL NOT SEE THE DOCTORS AGAIN AND THEN THEY WILL RENEW MY INSURANCE.
                      >>>
                      Whats the Whole point of renewing the insurance if you are not supposed to see any doctor?

Comment

ICICI Lombard is a Fraudulent Scheme

I also had a terrible experience with ICICI Lombard so before I go any further I would strongly recommend anyone even thinking of buying from ICICI Lombard to NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM ICICI LOMBARD.

I had to fight my father's case for many many months. I sent 50+ emails 30+ calls but all they do is create more bureaucracy and avoid payment. Their customer service is the worst I ever came across - period. They are just call center people based in India and have no information or authority on your case and just give standard answers taught to them in their job training. All they do is ask you to send a variety of documents over email (doctors bills, passport copies, driver's license, any letters from collection agencies harrassing you for pending payment etc.) Once you comply to their request, they will tell you to wait 7 days. After that they will claim that they never received any email and ask you to resend - the cycle goes on and on.

If you escalate the process, the people in charge will give you some assurances (like we have sent your info to United Healthcare - their partner in US) but will do anything to delay payment. If you really persist, they will pay some but keep most other cases still pending. After months of pursuation I got an email that some of my claims are "being processed" while others are rejected for cryptic reasons ("sublimit clause"). When asked, they pointed to some wierd clause in the contract. One more thing to note is that if you go to emergency, they claim that they will pay them directly but in reality, they will make you come back to india and then do the delay tactics. So basically, you will end up with thousands of dollars of bill which YOU will be responsible to pay upfront (because of fear of collection agencies) and then your aging parents will have to start a fresh battle to recover the money from them once you reach home. Their agents never explain this catch 22 when selling these policies.

My parents are really tired of fighting this battle. Basically this is a fraudulent scheme being run by a so called reputed company. If they were an american company, their executives would easily be jailed and fined by now and the company would be shut down by regulators.

NEVER WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON ICICI LOMBARD. Those of you already stuck with them, I'd recommend you send your complaint via registered mail to the top ICICI management and copy every board member. I am planning to take this route if the claims they are "processing" come back as unpaid.

Comment

ICICI Lombard Travel Ins

Hi,

Are the comments about ICICI lombard pertaining to their cashless policy? I see many posters mentioning having to claim the expenses after returning to India. This shouldn't be the case, rt?

Also, my understanding is that their tie-up is with UHC in the US. Are the claims handled through them or ICICI directly?

I am looking to buy travel medical ins for my parents who will be visiting me and thought ICICI offered a good option compared to US insurers in that its cashless and is partnering with UHC.

Appreciate feedback from folks whop have used it recently.

Thanks

Comment

VeeranKK,

You have either completely misunderstood or are totally misled into believing that the claims are handled by and paid by UHC in the U.S.

That is absolutely not true.

They are indeed handled by ICICI or their associates in India.

You should read the details at https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-ins...ia-comparison/ to understand the difference between buying from India and the US.

You should also read hundreds of reviews online at https://www.insubuy.comhttps://www.i...rance-reviews/

Comment

Worst insurance company with worst customer service

I was trying to extend a family members insurance and after being on the phone with multiple members of their team and multiple different times they could not help us at all. It was very disappointing and disheartening. I would not suggest any one to ever use this to insure your family. They advertise well but are useless when it comes to helping and customer service.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X