Should anyone ever buy ICICI Lombard? I don't think so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pls do not by this insurance

ICICI Lombard seems to be a a very shady firm. We were considering purchasing this insurance for a family friends child who is traveling to the US for higher studies. We decided to check with the ICICI Lombard on their US Base Insurance Provider and other details. This is what we found -
    ICICI Lombard told us that United Healthcare International is their Insurance Partner. This not the same as United Health Care which is a major insurance carrier in the US
    I asked for the number of United International and were given numbers which do not work. I was given the following numbers 800-102-5721 and 922-362-2666. Tried calling these numbers and neither of them seem to be a working number
    Something does not sound correct here. All Parents and Prospective visitors, please be cautious here. If your child is coming for studies PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and consider insurance offered by universities. That is more reliable in most of the cases. Even then please familiarize your self with Insurance terms of USA.

Comment

Carefully read out ICICI Insurance Policy Details.

Sublimits are not applicable for Schengen countries upto 85
      years
      For policies with sum insured over US$ 100,000, the benefit of medical
      expenses is restricted to US$ 100,000 per sickness or accident leading to
      one or more hospitalizations
      For persons aged 51 years and above, maximum eligible medical expenses
      are as follows:

Hospital Room and boarding,- US$ 1,800 per day up to max of 30
      days
      ICU – max US$ 3,250 per day up to max of 7 days
      Surgery -Max. upto US$ 15,000
      Anesthetist services -max up to 25% of surgical treatment
      Medical Practitioners visit fees - max US$ 100 per day per visit up
      to 10 visits

Diagnostic and radiology services - Max. US$ 1000

Ambulance services - Max upto US$ 500

Misc Expenses - Max upto US $ 2000

Dear Folks, inadvertently I did not read the policy details. Please be aware of this.

Hope my post will going to help.

Comment

I had family floater health insurance from ICICI Lombard since 2008 with 3lac coverage. I have detected hypertension in 2017. I contacted ICICI lombard Insurance care and ported my policy to HDFC Eargo through policybazar. I have also increased my policy base coverage from 3lac to 15 lac. During Porting I already mentioned in proposal from & I also inform policybazar agent that I have hypertension since 2017. I also received call for underwriting from HDFC Eargo and i also mentioned to him regarding my hypertension and medicine which currently I am taking.. But when I received policy, my PED(hypertension) is not mentioned in policy. So I contacted to HDFC Eargo as well as policy bazar & also send mail to both regarding this issue. They replied that they consider my PED don't worry if any claim in future I can use this mail as referrance.

Is it OK or any thing wrong in it.? Because verbally as well as in mail both Policybzarar and HDFC Eargo said they consider my PED and it covered.
        So please advice what should I do?
        Last edited by ceci1073; 06-22-2021, 09:21 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X