Need Info---Advantage US born kid gets in college education in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info---Advantage US born kid gets in college education in India

My son was born in US and later we relocated to India. Presently we are in India. He is a US citizen by birth and is planning to do his education in US after he turns 18 this October. Presently he holds a US passport and plans to retain his US citizenship. The Questions that I have is

- What is the advantage will he get being an US citizen for studying in US universities?
    - Does he needs to give SAT or can he directly visit US and apply for studies?
    - Will his SAT score be compared with non US citizen student or US citizen?
    - Does US colleges have any reserved seats for US citizens?
    - Can his parents accompany him while he is US for the college admission?
    - When can he start immigration process for his parents?

Need guidance and suggestion soon. Thanks in advance..

P.S. - I couldn't find a proper thread to post this question and so posting here....

- Ven
    Last edited by ven1972; 05-03-2015, 11:06 AM.

Eagerly waiting for your reply...PLz suggest

Comment

Need Info about the Advantage US born kid gets in college education in India is the main title here that you can see and learn from here now. The bad thing is that there is nothing much for others to get to know what it is all about from us.
      Last edited by Dikembe; 06-03-2020, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Since your child is a US citizen, you will have to pay higher fees in Indian schools and public universities. By default, all state and federal agencies are counted under his NRI quota. He is also ineligible for any Indian government service or job.

Comment

It's great that your son is planning to pursue education in the US. As a US citizen, your son may be eligible for federal financial aid, including grants and low-interest student loans, which can help with the cost of education. He won't have to worry about visa issues or restrictions that non-US citizens may face. He may also have access to additional scholarships or opportunities specific to US citizens at some institutions

Comment

It's wonderful that your son want to further his education in the United States. Your son, as a US citizen, may be eligible for federal financial aid, such as grants and low-interest student loans, to help with the expense of education.

Comment

It's for sure easier to apply to a university in the USA if you have citizenship. You also can apply for different scholarships, and some of them cannot be available for foreign students. And in general, I think it's great that your son decided to study in the USA because I think that education is better than in India. I'm a student too, and I have no regrets that I chose such a university. I received a quality education, but of course, sometimes I have problems, or I have too many things to do, but now it's not a problem. Some different educational sites and resources help. For example, when I have writing problems, I use https://essays.edubirdie.com/assignment-writing-service and such service has never let me down. But I understand how important writing skills are, and I work on them. But anyway, for me such help is beneficial because it also saves time, and I can focus on other important tasks.​
              Last edited by danielharrison; 01-28-2024, 05:10 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X