This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File for H4 EAD with H1B extension and H4 extension

I have an approved i140. My employer is going to file my H1B extension which will expire on April, 2018.

I am planning to add my spouse's H4 extension and H4 EAD application along with my H1B extension.

I have a question regarding filling up the H4 EAD application (form I-765). In question 22, they are asking for the approved I-797 petition number of the H1B visa holder.

My current H1B visa expires on April, 2018 and the extension is being filed along with this.

What should I fill in? If I fill in my current I797 then will the EAD be valid till April, 2018 or they will consider the new date of the H1B extension? Please advise.

Comment

H4 Visa Expired

Originally posted by dreamzzz View Post
      You can enter the i 94 number of the most recent approval of i797 and not pending. And attach the copy of hat i797..

*just an opinion not a legal advice*

Hello Friends

Need a information on my Wife H4 approval

My H1 was approved and i missed to apply the H4 for my wife and daughter and applied immdedaitly after realizing but it was applied after 2 months after thier i94 expiration.
      we applied with a cover not to USCIC that we are waiting for the approval for their H4

I have below questions ,please help me to get the answer

1)How many months can my wife stay in USA because their i 94 was expired in July and H4 extension was filed after 2 months
      also currenltly there is no premium processing and its taking much time,do they need to go back to india if they cross 6 months of stay after i94 is expired?

2)Can i change employer during this period ?if Yes what is the process?

Regards
      Kumar

Comment

Need help filling i765

Hi I am applying now for H4 EAD ..COS from a H1 valid till Sep 2018 as wife's i140 has got approved..was seeking answers to some queries i had:-

-I have a SSN # ..should i use the same for filling in query 10 of the form i765?
        -Will my eligibility criteria be (c)(26)- any ideas on this at all or guidance even

Thanks guys in advance!

Sid

Comment

change of status from H1 to H4-EAD

Hi all,

I am on H1 right now but lost my job. I understand that now there is a 60 day grace period before my H1 status is no longer valid and I should apply for a change of status. Now I am planning to convert to H4-EAD, but I already have an approved H4 visa previously. I see that approval of H4 and EAD can take up to 90+days.

In my case, since I already have an approved H4, how long does it take to change my status from H1 to H4 and get the EAD approval?

Appreciate any inputs. Thank you.

Comment

H1 renewal approved but H4 still pending approval and H4 expires shortly

Hi,

My H1 renewal was applied in Oct-2016 and my wife's H4 was also applied for renewal at same time. I got RFE in Sept-2017 and then I got the H1 approval in Oct-2017 but H4 is still not approved. H4 expires by end of Nov-2017.

1. Someone told me that if I don't get H4 approval by end of Nov-2017, my wife will have 60 days of grace period to leave the country. Is this true or would she have to leave the country by end of November?
            2. What are my options? How can I check the status of H4? I checked online and it just says "On October 2016, we received your Form I-539 ...." usual standard message.

Thanks.

Comment

Applied my H4 EAD I-765 on 11/9/2017

Hi,

I have applied for H4 EAD on 11/9/2017 and the case was approved by USCIS on 12/9/2017

I received approval letter via mail stating my case has been approved on 12/11/2017 and received by SSN instead of EAD card on 12/15/2017.

Till date I haven't received my EAD Card .

I raised Service required with missing complain of EAD on 1/15/2018 to USCIS and today they provided me USPS tracking number and asked me to file a new I-765 with them if I need a replacement of EAD (which is lost as per them) with proper fee and biometric.

What dont know what to do now, feeling helpless??

Comment

221 g yellow slip

Hello
                I applied for Dropbox h1b stamping on December 2017. i got my passport back on 16th December 2017 with 221g blue slip. and asked for personal interview. i went for interview on 21st December 2017. after interview i got 221g yellow slip stating that they want petition, i129 and LCA from my petitioner. my employer submitted all documents on 30th december 2017 through email. I have some doubts. First they have asked to to submit petition, i129 and LCA. though petition itself includes i129 and LCA. still they mentioned separately. So do i have to submit only i129 and LCA or whole petition? second they asked to maintain some email size,which is only one email with 5 MB and less than 10 files. But when my petitioner submitted the size exceeds more than 5 MB size. So is it acceptable?

Comment

H-4 EAD Application rejected due to incorrect filing Fee. Fee instrument missing.

Hi I applied for H-4 EAD in the bundle along with the extension of my husband's H-1 and my H-4. The extension application for H-1 and H-4 filled by our lawyers went through however my H-4 EAD application filled by me was returned with the error " Incorrect filing Fee. Fee instrument missing". However, I sent the credit card authorization form with fee payment $410.00 which per the website is the correct fee. The only other reason I see for rejection can be that the credit card authorization form was not on the top of the EAD application - which my guess is lawyers messed up the order by mistake. We sent the papers to them to be sent along with H-1 H-4 extension bundle so that my EAD can come along with the extension approval.

The rejection was in my mailbox which I checked on 03/29 late evening. The rejection letter was on top and there was a sticker on my I-765 which had the H-4 receipt number. The letter said correct the error and resubmit. So I re-sent the forms without changing anything on I-765 on 03/30 with a check on top of $410 dollars. I also got to know while talking to a USCIS representative that my husband's H-1 and my H-4 was also approved on 03/30 but we got the receipt on 04/02 . My questions are:

- As our visa extension has already approved, will my EAD be in normal processing?
                  - For the question about visa in form I-765, we mentioned visa extension filed concurrently. Now that the forms got separate and my H-4 extension has happened before they received my reapplication, is there going to be rejection?

My current EAD expires on July 10 and i dont have 4-6 months for EAD renewal under normal processing. In that case I might lose my job again. I already had to take a break of almost 5 months when I had to move from L-2 to H-4.

Comment

H4 EAD - Suggestion for getting a Job ( System Analyst - IT )

Hi,

I am on H4-EAD. I want to work in Information Technology. Looking for internship or entry level position but not getting any interview calls. Any recommendations? Should i do some System Analyst course from local community college or any other recommendations.

following is some additional info:

a)I have a four year B.E degree in Computer Science from India.
                    b) Back in India, i used to teach in an Engineering college.
                    c) I do not have any IT experience.
                    d) Did a 3 month online course from H2K infosys in "Business Analyst".
                    e) I am based on Phoenix, Arizona.

Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Thanks
                    Gurpreet

Comment

-ask H2K for placement
                      -jazz up your cv
                      -try and learn sfdc - online you can learn it for free
                      -talk to friends for help
                      -apply on indeed/careerbuilder/glassdoor etc
                      -repost profile every 2-3days so that it shows up on top of search results

all the best!

Originally posted by gurpreetkaur18 View Post
                      Hi,

I am on H4-EAD. I want to work in Information Technology. Looking for internship or entry level position but not getting any interview calls. Any recommendations? Should i do some System Analyst course from local community college or any other recommendations.

following is some additional info:

a)I have a four year B.E degree in Computer Science from India.
                      b) Back in India, i used to teach in an Engineering college.
                      c) I do not have any IT experience.
                      d) Did a 3 month online course from H2K infosys in "Business Analyst".
                      e) I am based on Phoenix, Arizona.

Thanks for taking time to read this post.

Thanks
                      Gurpreet

Comment

H4 EAD will be cancelled

USCIS is proposing to stop H$s from getting EAD.

My wife's EAD will expire on April 19th. Is there a way to extend it? My I 797 will also expire on April 2019. Should I extend my I 797 to extend her EAD? Is there any other way to extend her EAD? Or can I apply for my I 797 extension even before 6 months before expiry?

Comment

Hi

I have few queries regarding the H visas.

If H4 and H4EAD are filed together with my existing employer and the application is in the pool for 1.5 months.
                          Now if I change my employer and they will start H1B transfer, what will happen to the previously applied H4 and H4EAD?
                          Do I need to call that application off and file via new employer again?
                          Or can that application continue to be in process ?

Does changing employer automatically cancel/revoke previous H1b peition or is it the case that employer has to initiate the revoke?
                          Does previous employer has to notify the ex employee about the revoke request?

Thanks

Comment

Re:

Thank you a lot for this information, guys! I think that it is a really long process to apply for these types of visa.
                            http://smartessayrewriter.com/blog/where-to-find-arguments-for-your-essay

Comment

H4 - EAD Process

Hi,

I applied for a new H4 Ead in Dec 2018 and my H1B and H4 validity was May 2019. Now my company applied for H1B and H4 extension is applied in Premium processing and could be approved before Jan 2019. What will happen to my H4-EAD application? Will it get a validity for May 2019 or the new approval date? Will there be a RFE as the new application was approved?

Comment

Hi,

H1B + H4 extension filed under premium,H1 is approved & had H4 biometric last week.

Now if H1B is transfered to another company,does it required H4 to appear for biometric again.

Did any faced simillar situation?

Thanks in Advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X