This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

My H4 visa expires in 3months and I've received EAD this week with expiry date same as H4. My Spouse's H1 Visa extension receipt is not yet dispatched though we initiated it 2months ago. Will I still be eligible to apply for auto extension (i.e., 180 days as per EAD rules) or I need to wait until H4 extension is approved and then apply for H4 EAD Renewal.

If any of the members have info regarding the above query please do reply.

Thanks in advance!​​

Comment

Hi,

I was in US on H1B for 7 years before converting to H4 EAD.
      I am currently in status and working full time.
      Do I have to go to India to get my H4 EAD VISA stamped, or I can go to Canada and get my new VISA stamped?

Please advise.

Thanks
      Swaraj

Comment

Hello

My H4 EAD (C26 code) and H4 status is expiring on 09/30/2022. My spouse filed for H1B, H4 and EAD renewal simultaneously in August' 2022 and received a receipt number from USCIS stating CASE IS ACTIVELY REVIEWED BY USCIS. My question is, am i eligible for automatic H4 EAD extension as per new DHS rule? Please suggest.

Also my I-94 will expire on 09/30/2022 what will be the procedure to continue my employment.

Thank you
        Mrkavi

Comment

H4 EAD: Help with evaluating if the Writ of Mandamus is the way to go.

Hello everyone,

I have applied for I-765 (EAD) for employment authorization. Currently, I'm on an H4 visa which was issued last year. This is a standalone application in the sense that I have only applied for EAD.

My application processing center is in California, and the last update I got from them was about the receipt notice last week for April. So it's been more than four months since I have gotten any updates from the USCIS.

I was trying to see if I can get a response from USCIS. I do not qualify for expedited requests as my reason is more of "I'm freaking frustrated". I do have a pending job contract.

After talking to a lawyer, he said it's possible and would cost around $4500(!!).

My application is still processing for 4 months, which is still under the processing time suggested by USCIS, which is 9 months.

I'm trying to see if it's worth going down this route as it's a lot of $$$, and if there is a really low chance of this resulting in anything I'd like to know beforehand.

Does anyone have experience with successfully filing a Mandamus? Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mrkavi View Post
            Hello

My H4 EAD (C26 code) and H4 status is expiring on 09/30/2022. My spouse filed for H1B, H4 and EAD renewal simultaneously in August' 2022 and received a receipt number from USCIS stating CASE IS ACTIVELY REVIEWED BY USCIS. My question is, am i eligible for automatic H4 EAD extension as per new DHS rule? Please suggest.

Also my I-94 will expire on 09/30/2022 what will be the procedure to continue my employment.

Thank you
            Mrkavi
            I have the same query in 2023! Could you please let me know what happened to your case? Were you able to continue working based on receipt, form i765 and expired i94?

Comment

Originally posted by baazi View Post
              H4 EAD I-765 Question #11

Hello,

I have worked in US earlier for 10 years on H1B visa before change of my status from H1B to H4. Currently I am in H4 status since 4 years,so should I say yes to the question #11 and mention the dates of my previous H1B visas or should I mention No to this question. Please let me know

Regards,
              Baazi
              Welcome to the forum Baazi! First of all, congratulations on your H4 status. When it comes to the question #11, I would suggest to be honest and list the dates of your previous H1B visas. After all, honesty is always the best policy. It's great that you're doing your research before responding to the question. Good luck with your endeavors!

Comment

Hello,

In Dec'22, we submitted change of status from H1B to H4/EAD. In March'23 we got notice from USCIS that EAD is rejected since H4 visa is approved. This was clearly a clerical error . So we requested to withdraw Dec'22 H4 visa and filed everything fresh application of H4/EAD in May'23 . Now in June'23 Dec'22 ( old application) H4 visa got approved so that tells me withdrawal request of old application is not reviewed or executed. Now we have filed for Ombudsman hoping above clerical issue can be resolved.

Below is timeline same information mentioned above
                Dec'22 : H4 and EAD application filed
                March'23 : EAD denied due H4 visa not reviewed ( clerical Error )
                April'23 : Withdrawal of Dec'22 application sent to USCIS
                May'23 : new H4/EAD application filed
                June'23 : H4 from Dec'22 application approved
                July'23 : Filed for Ombudsman

Question
                1) Is the Ombudsman right way to approach or is there a different way to resolve this ?
                2) What is experience with Ombudsman timeline to resolve the issue ?
                3) Is there anything other path to resolve this ?

Note : My spouse H1B visa for 6 years is already completed and here employers don't want to file for Green Card hence H4 Visa followed by EAD .​

Comment

Here are my questions:

1. In I-539 Part 4, is the foreign home address the address on my Indian passport?

2. In I-765, question 15, should the current immigration status be "F1" or "H4"? I know I am currently in F1, but I can only apply for this EAD on H4, so it is very confusing. 3.

3. in I-765, question 14, should the status of the last entry be "H4" because I entered on H4 and then changed to F1 (I haven't left the country since I changed to F1)?

4. If I apply for both forms, how do I provide a copy of the I-797 or a copy of the I-765 Notice of Receipt document proving my H4 status? Or can USCIS determine that I have automatically applied for an I-539? I am totally confused about this!

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated!​
                  STEPPERMOTOR.FR has a wide range of motors, now available stepping motor gearboxes, linear stepper motor and so on.​

Comment

Hi,
                    i am on H4. My husband will complete his 6 years on H1B in September 2015. He got his PERM approved in March 2015 and his employer is yet to apply for his I140. I am a bit confused about the 7th year H1 B extension eligibility criteria to apply for H4 EAD as per the new H4 EAD rule by USCIS.

Kindly let me know under what category am I eligible to apply for EAD and when.​
                    STEPPERMOTOR.FR has a wide range of motors, now available stepping motor gearboxes, linear stepper motor and so on.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Kate Parker View Post
                      Conflicting info re H4 and EAD

Hello, I'm hoping for a bit of clarity and information. My background is as follows

My husband is in the US on an H1B nonimmigrant skilled workers visa. I am therefore on an H4 spousal visa. We have just moved to the US and will only be applying for permanent residency in a few years. I am a bit confused regarding the recent information on EAD and spouses.

AM I or AM I NOT allowed to work as an H4 spouse in the US? Do we have to have applied for permanent residency before I am allowed to work?

TIA!
                      For your clarity, You do not necessarily need to apply for permanent residency before applying for H4 EAD. The EAD is separate from the permanent residency process. H4 spouses are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) under certain conditions:
                      1. Certain H4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants are eligible to apply for EAD. This allows them to work legally in the U.S.
                      2. To request employment authorization, you need to file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
                      3. Your husband must be in H-1B status, and certain conditions should be met for H4 EAD eligibility.
                      I'd suggest to consult an immigration attorney for eg. DYgreencard, etc., to have a better perspective and correct knowledge. I hope I could help you in any way.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X