Hi all, need help to clarify a couple of the issues below:
background:I got my green card in August 2002 and would be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2007 (4 yrs and 9 months)
would be applying in the new york area. my fiance is currently holding H-1B visa.
My questions are:
1) My fiance would be applying the GC through me. What is the most efficient way for her to get her green card? Applying GC simultaneously when I apply for my citizenship next May, or wait till I receive my citizenship already? I also assume i should get married before the application in either case?
2) If i were to take a job outside of US before next May, but would be travelling back and forth between the 2 countries, would my citizenship application be hindered?
3) Do I need to be physically in US while awaiting the decision from the citizenship application? Does my fiance need to be physically in the US while she awaits her GC?
Thanks a bunch in advance.