Hib - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karthick1986 View Post
    Hi, I am also in a similar situation. I got my H1B visa thru employer A. Now I switched the employer to B and I need to renew my visa. Could you please share your experience so that I can get more confidence.
    In the consulate page still it is mentioned that the initial petitioner and the current petitioner should be same to make the applicant eligible for IWP. Thanks in advance!!
    Where do you see this clause? I don't see any petitioner related clause on 'Renew Visa' section on consular website.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

H1B renewal - new petitioner

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      Where do you see this clause? I don't see any petitioner related clause on 'Renew Visa' section on consular website.
      Interview Waiver for H1-B and Individual L1-A and L1-B Visa Holders

If you hold an H1-B or Individual L1-A or L1-B visa that expired within the last 12 months, you may qualify for the Interview Waiver Program. To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same. You must present a current, valid I-129, LCA, Petitioner Letter to USCIS and pay slips showing your salary for the preceding three (3) months.

The above content is mentioned in the US consulate site.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthick1986 View Post
        Interview Waiver for H1-B and Individual L1-A and L1-B Visa Holders

If you hold an H1-B or Individual L1-A or L1-B visa that expired within the last 12 months, you may qualify for the Interview Waiver Program. To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same. You must present a current, valid I-129, LCA, Petitioner Letter to USCIS and pay slips showing your salary for the preceding three (3) months.

The above content is mentioned in the US consulate site.
        I have called their customer service multiple times to confirm about this Rule. Each time I get the same answer - If you can answer YES to all questions asked in Step 7 then you are eligible for Drop Box. They don't confirm if that rule was existing before and has been removed now.

As checked on multiple forums, people have been successful in renewing their visa even with changed petitioner. I will go ahead and opt the drop box. I anyways have no other option.
        This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Hi All,

I am facing same situation and getting married this November and eligible for dropbox. Do my wife also eligible for dropbox or I need to schedule interview process for her. One of my friend told he did the dropbox as soon as he landed in India and scheduled the interview for his spouse at a later date. Anybody have faced similar situation. Can I follow the same process? Plz help...

Comment

employer change

Hi,

What do they mean by "My most recent visa was issued in India"?

I am on my H1B from 2013. My Visa is extended every year (2014 - with same employer and 2015 - new employer current visa). I got my first H1B (2013) stamped in Canada which expired in an year. Did not get any stamp on 2014-2015 which will expire on Sept 30 2015. Will I be eligible for dropbox for my new visa with new employer?

What should I answer for "My most recent visa was issued in India"?

TIA

Sree

Comment

@Sarath, Did you get any update on this case. I am also in the same boat.

I am not able to proceed with appointment as it says I am eligible for IWP
              I hold H-1B and I had employer changed.US.Chennai consulate (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/inter...ointments.html) To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same.

I have asked ustraveldocs as well, they said if the website says then I should follow it.

i am very confused now,what if after drop box they call for interview ?

Any help would be apprecited

Comment

[QUOTE=sethu;416552][QUOTE=ambivertsumit;416515]Hi I faced the similar situation, I changed my employer last year May 2014. And my visa expired in Sept 2014.
                I am not able to schedule the appointment as it show you are eligible for DROPBOX.

As per customer care there is no effect of change of employer in eligibility of DROP BOX now.

I also mailed them the query and they replied :-

If your answer is yes to all the following questions which are available on

then you are eligible for dropbox. and here in this site no mention of change of employer or same petitioner.

Hopefully Drop box option will work as not able to schedule appointment.

Also on Mumbai consulate site Its mention for In September 2012, the U.S. Diplomatic Mission to India implemented a new visa processing system throughout India that further standardizes procedures and simplifies fee payment and appointment scheduling through a new website at

For more details about procedures for submitting a renewal application

I am facing the same issue. I had an H1 transfer before 7 months.
                All the forums and consulate website states a 12 month rule with same employer for dropbox eligibility.

But Dropbox Eligibility criteria listed indoes not specify anything about petitioner or employer or 12 months rule.
                I tried contacting ustraveldocs support, support team mentioned that if all the eligibility criteria is satisfied as per questions in appointment scheduler you are eligible for drop box.
                I guess dropbox is my only choice

I am planning for visa stamping by august end, will update this forum with details.

If anyone else tries this option before that, please update your experience.
                It will be helpful for others .

Sethu[/QU

Did you get your stamping done in August through Dropbox for empoyer change category ?

Comment

Dropbox Eligibility

Hello All,

Does anybody gets VISA through DropBox Facility. I have my VISA stamped till 2016 through Old Employer. I have changed Employer 6 month back and now I am going to India and planning to get it stamp but process is not allowing me to schedule an appointment and getting me message that I am eligible for IWP and I just need to drop the passport along with petition. Even though customer care also said the same but I am confused. I have very less time in India so would like to confirm the same to avoid any delay.

Any Suggestion...

[QUOTE=Antony001;432565][QUOTE=sethu;416552]
                  Originally posted by ambivertsumit View Post
                  Hi I faced the similar situation, I changed my employer last year May 2014. And my visa expired in Sept 2014.
                  I am not able to schedule the appointment as it show you are eligible for DROPBOX.

As per customer care there is no effect of change of employer in eligibility of DROP BOX now.

then you are eligible for dropbox. and here in this site no mention of change of employer or same petitioner.

Also on Mumbai consulate site Its mention for In September 2012, the U.S. Diplomatic Mission to India implemented a new visa processing system throughout India that further standardizes procedures and simplifies fee payment and appointment scheduling through a new website at

All the forums and consulate website states a 12 month rule with same employer for dropbox eligibility.

But Dropbox Eligibility criteria listed indoes not specify anything about petitioner or employer or 12 months rule.
                  I tried contacting ustraveldocs support, support team mentioned that if all the eligibility criteria is satisfied as per questions in appointment scheduler you are eligible for drop box.

I am planning for visa stamping by august end, will update this forum with details.

Sethu[/QU

Did you get your stamping done in August through Dropbox for empoyer change category ?

Comment

Hib - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

Any Update on this...

[QUOTE=Antony001;432565][QUOTE=sethu;416552]
                    Hi I faced the similar situation, I changed my employer last year May 2014. And my visa expired in Sept 2014.

Sethu[/QU

Comment

Hib - change of petitioner - dropbox Schedule

Hello All,

I am planning to visit India in Nov last and I have filled and submitted my DS160 as well. As I have old VISA stamped till 2016 and I changed Employer so I have to Choose only Drop Box Option as Process is not allowing me to schedule Interview date.

Now Can I pay now and complete process and go in NOV last for Drop Box as I heard that for Drop Box there is no schedule required and we can go anytime. Or is there any time frame where I can schedule Interview / Drop Box.

Kindly suggest or guide me if anyone went through Drop Box program after changing the Employer.

Thanks

Comment

Could you please update us on this.

[QUOTE=sethu;416552]

Sethu
                        Hi Sethu,

Please update us on this.

Comment

Did Dropbox worked for you?

I am in a similar situation can you tell me if Dropbox worked for you.

Thanks

Originally posted by Antony001 View Post
                          I am not able to proceed with appointment as it says I am eligible for IWP
                          I hold H-1B and I had employer changed.US.Chennai consulate (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/inter...ointments.html) To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same.

I have asked ustraveldocs as well, they said if the website says then I should follow it.

i am very confused now,what if after drop box they call for interview ?

Any help would be apprecited

Comment

Any updates on it.

[QUOTE=vivekkjain;433488]
                            Originally posted by sethu View Post

Hi Sethu,

Please update us on this.
                            [QUOTE=sachingupta;433178]Any Update on this...

[QUOTE=Antony001;432565]

Comment

Can you provide update on it? Any help would be appreciated.

Any updates?

Thanks

QUOTE=SKDS160;431424]I have called their customer service multiple times to confirm about this Rule. Each time I get the same answer - If you can answer YES to all questions asked in Step 7 then you are eligible for Drop Box. They don't confirm if that rule was existing before and has been removed now.

As checked on multiple forums, people have been successful in renewing their visa even with changed petitioner. I will go ahead and opt the drop box. I anyways have no other option.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Pmehta86 View Post
                                Any updates?

Thanks

QUOTE=SKDS160;431424]I have called their customer service multiple times to confirm about this Rule. Each time I get the same answer - If you can answer YES to all questions asked in Step 7 then you are eligible for Drop Box. They don't confirm if that rule was existing before and has been removed now.

As checked on multiple forums, people have been successful in renewing their visa even with changed petitioner. I will go ahead and opt the drop box. I anyways have no other option.
                                [/QUOTE]

Hi All,

I recently renewed my H1B Visa through Dropbox. My case was:
                                1. I was having previous H1B Visa stamped from ABC expiring 23/09/2015.
                                2. I changed my employer to XYZ on 08/12/2014.
                                3. I visited India on 06/11/2015 (still in India while writing this). On same day I went to OFC in Delhi and submitted my passports along with documents (detail below).

To summarize the rules in few lines for availing Dropbox facility:
                                1. You should be applying for same Visa Class. (You have H1B earlier and renewing the same)
                                2. Your last Visa Stamp is expired within 12 months of date of renewing.
                                3. Employer change is not an issue anymore. (I have changed it too)
                                4. No appointment is needed for Dropbox. (I reached India on 06/11/2015 and applied (submitted documents) same day)

Documents they asked for:
                                For myself H1B: Passport(s), Original I-797B (petition) (just to take a look), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
                                For my wife: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
                                For my son: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition), previous Visa Stamping photocopy of me and my wife, photocopy of passports of me and my wife.

Then after 3 working days I got email that passports are ready for pickup and I picked them up next day.

Feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Thanks
                                Gaurav Agarwal

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X