No announcement yet.

Hib - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi. Could you pls let know how long it took for the receipt number to be activated ?

We are eligible for the waiver and paid the fee using NEFT. But still no response after one day. The help center has asked us to wait for some more time. SO my question, how long did it take for receipt generation in ur case. and can we drop the docs the same day we finish our finger prints are taken or how does that work.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I recently renewed my H1B Visa through Dropbox. My case was:
    1. I was having previous H1B Visa stamped from ABC expiring 23/09/2015.
    2. I changed my employer to XYZ on 08/12/2014.
    3. I visited India on 06/11/2015 (still in India while writing this). On same day I went to OFC in Delhi and submitted my passports along with documents (detail below).

To summarize the rules in few lines for availing Dropbox facility:
    1. You should be applying for same Visa Class. (You have H1B earlier and renewing the same)
    2. Your last Visa Stamp is expired within 12 months of date of renewing.
    3. Employer change is not an issue anymore. (I have changed it too)
    4. No appointment is needed for Dropbox. (I reached India on 06/11/2015 and applied (submitted documents) same day)

Documents they asked for:
    For myself H1B: Passport(s), Original I-797B (petition) (just to take a look), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
    For my wife: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
    For my son: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition), previous Visa Stamping photocopy of me and my wife, photocopy of passports of me and my wife.

Then after 3 working days I got email that passports are ready for pickup and I picked them up next day.

Feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Thanks
    Gaurav Agarwal[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by aarnicab4u View Post
      We are eligible for the waiver and paid the fee using NEFT. But still no response after one day. The help center has asked us to wait for some more time. SO my question, how long did it take for receipt generation in ur case. and can we drop the docs the same day we finish our finger prints are taken or how does that work.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

3. I visited India on 06/11/2015 (still in India while writing this). On same day I went to OFC in Delhi and submitted my passports along with documents (detail below).

1. You should be applying for same Visa Class. (You have H1B earlier and renewing the same)
      4. No appointment is needed for Dropbox. (I reached India on 06/11/2015 and applied (submitted documents) same day)

For myself H1B: Passport(s), Original I-797B (petition) (just to take a look), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
      For my son: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition), previous Visa Stamping photocopy of me and my wife, photocopy of passports of me and my wife.

Then after 3 working days I got email that passports are ready for pickup and I picked them up next day.

Thanks
      Gaurav Agarwal
      [/QUOTE]

Thanks Guarav for the details. Your post has been super helpful. I am looking to do exactly what you did and had a few clarifying questions
      1. Do I need to fill in a DS160 or I just take the list of documents you highlighted and goto the US consulate /drop box and get my visa renewed

Thanks
      Nikhil

Comment

Thanks Guarav for the details. Your post has been super helpful. I am looking to do exactly what you did and had a few clarifying questions
        1. Do I need to fill in a DS160 or I just take the list of documents you highlighted and goto the US consulate /drop box and get my visa renewed

Thanks
        Nikhil[/QUOTE]

You need to first fill DS160 (one for each person), then visit login there, fill in details by completing the process. Submit Visa fees through NEFT and get the Dropbox Acknowledgement letter along with documents mentioned in that letter.

Comment

@Gaurav Agarwal
          Thanks for your inputs Gaurav. Another question on Dropbox - so no fingerprinting and photograph appointment is required if eligible for Dropbox, right? and also one can just walk in during office hours to drop off the documents, right? Sorry, if these questions are repetitive!
          Thanks
          Hemanth

Comment

Drop box indeed works

In my case I had to do stamping for change of employer. The visa stamp for previous company was still valid. They just took photo and photocopy of new I797 and stamped my passport in 3 days. No hussle. It was really simple.

My suggestion to everyone is just go with all documents and visit the drop box counter. Even if something is missing they will tell you and in most cases you should be able to arrange it then and there. Better off to go and check than being over thoughtful. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulbhushan Verma View Post
              In my case I had to do stamping for change of employer. The visa stamp for previous company was still valid. They just took photo and photocopy of new I797 and stamped my passport in 3 days. No hussle. It was really simple.

My suggestion to everyone is just go with all documents and visit the drop box counter. Even if something is missing they will tell you and in most cases you should be able to arrange it then and there. Better off to go and check than being over thoughtful. Good luck.
              Hi Kulbhushan,

I also changed my employer and my visa expired on Sep 2015. Can you please let me know which consulate you went for drop box?

Comment

Originally posted by Kulbhushan Verma View Post

I am assuming for dropbox facility - one needs to find the working hours of the center and walk-in anytime without a prior appointment, right? Kindly confirm.
                Regards
                Hemanth

Comment

Help/Advise Needed

Hi,
                  I have scheduled to go to Vancouver for stamping on March 15. And after that, I planned my India trip in April. But I am confused if I am eligible for drop box. My visa is expired and I changed my employer. I guess its the same as all of you.
                  but my question is, where to get that eligibility questionnaire? Should I first fill DS 160 and only then we get them ? Considering I have Canada appointment, can I do that again ?
                  Is is suggestible to cancel my canada appointment and go to drop box if eligible ?:s

Comment

Originally posted by sarathcpt View Post
                    I have a question regarding the the dropbox eligibility (interview waiver) for someone like me who has changed employers. My expired H1B was petitioned by previous employer.

However, when I try to schedule interview appointment through the website AND through the phone they are finding me eligible for DROPBOX and is NOT LETTING ME schedule an interview. The phone customer support lady says that criteria is changed. Eventhough, in the consulate website its still mentioned. I see that in the USTRAVELS website the change of petitioner critera is NOT mentioned. The lady on the phone was saying we should go by their website and not the consulate! Any advice on this ? Has anyone experience similar situation.

I am afraid, if I just go to drobox, they will end up calling me for interview later and then I may not have enough time! So I would rather get done with the interview as soon as I land in India.

-- did you able to get your visa stamped ?

Comment

Does your dependent have to be there along with you?

HI Gaurav and others,

Do you guys know if your spouse (h4) need to be there along with you for drop-box?
                      My wife and I are eligible for Drop-box. She is in India but it is hard to for her to be present in person when submitting the docuements. I was wondering if I can submit my as well as her documents for the Visa in Delhi.?

Please let me know if anyone else had done this before, esp. in Delhi.

Originally posted by Gaurav Agarwal View Post

Thanks
                      Gaurav Agarwal

Comment

Originally posted by Dinesh Nagar View Post
                        HI Gaurav and others,

Do you guys know if your spouse (h4) need to be there along with you for drop-box?
                        My wife and I are eligible for Drop-box. She is in India but it is hard to for her to be present in person when submitting the docuements. I was wondering if I can submit my as well as her documents for the Visa in Delhi.?

Please let me know if anyone else had done this before, esp. in Delhi.
                        No need for her to be present.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B renewal-Different Employer - Dropbox facility

i was registering for Visa renewal stamping and got several question to face. and one of the questions was

"was you previous expired within last 12 months"

Now situation is -

Looking today my Visa was expired 10 months back but i will travelling in 2 months.
                          which will make my visa expired 12 months 8 days back?

so should i say NO to his question.

Please suggest. very confused...

Hi All,

Thanks
                          Gaurav Agarwal[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

i was registering for Visa renewal stamping and got several question to face. and one of the questions was

"was you previous expired within last 12 months"

Now situation is -

Looking today my Visa was expired 10 months back but i will travelling in 2 months.
                          which will make my visa expired 12 months 8 days back?

so should i say NO to this question.

Please suggest. very confused...

Thanks
                          Ankush

Comment

Dropbox option for Visa renewal - submission time

How soon i have to submit docs after finishes the registration process?
                            I am travelling in 2 months from now? is it okay to submit after 2 months or there is specified date you get?

Thanks
                            Ankush

Originally posted by ambivertsumit View Post
                            I went through the DROP box facility with new petitioner and get the visa. They changed the procedure.
                            It took 5-6 days to get the visa stamped.
                            Document required
                            I797
                            OLD visa copy
                            2 Photos

Spouse
                            Yours I797 copy
                            Old visa copy if any
                            2 Photos

Good Luck

Comment

H1b Drop box Eligibility

I have H1b VISA valid till 20 Aug2016. I am currently working with Employer A. Employer B applied for H1b transfer but under consular processing. Petition was approved and got I797B. As it is consular processing I94 was not extended. I539 was also not applied for extension of stay for my wife. The reason for this is, Employer B applied for petition when I was in India. Now I intend to join Employer B. But for the I need to get VISA stamped with new Petition. I went to the official portal to check for Drop box eligibility for myself and my spouse and it seems we are eligible based on below points

1. Applying for same class of VISA. H1b for myself and H4 for my spouse.

2. VISA is active and might even expire but expiry date will be less than 12 months.

3. My VISA was stamped in India.

4. No VISA refusals after current VISA (although my wifes petition was rejected. But I dont think that counts under VISA refusal).

I would just like to confirm my understanding about eligibility of Drop box. We both are eligible even if I have changed employers? Also, I was in USA for one year. Went back to India and again came back to USA in May 2016. Is length of stay also a criteria for determining eligibility for Drop box

Comment

Apply for drop box before one year but travel after an year

Originally posted by ankushmangla View Post
                                How soon i have to submit docs after finishes the registration process?
                                I am travelling in 2 months from now? is it okay to submit after 2 months or there is specified date you get?

Thanks
                                Ankush
                                Hey Ankush,
                                How did it go for you? I am in a similar situation now.
                                I didn't know I would be eligible for drop box (as I changed employer). Now it tells me I am eligible for drop box.

My visa expired sep 30th, 2015. I now only have about a month and a half but my employer prefers I travel in October which would be past 1 year.

Thanks,
                                Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X