No announcement yet.

Hib - change of petitioner - dropbox eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1-B Dropbox, need to fill DS-160 and make payment online before drop-off?

Originally posted by ankushmangla View Post
    i was registering for Visa renewal stamping and got several question to face. and one of the questions was

"was you previous expired within last 12 months"

Now situation is -

Looking today my Visa was expired 10 months back but i will travelling in 2 months.
    which will make my visa expired 12 months 8 days back?

so should i say NO to his question.

Please suggest. very confused...

Hi All,

I recently renewed my H1B Visa through Dropbox. My case was:
    1. I was having previous H1B Visa stamped from ABC expiring 23/09/2015.
    2. I changed my employer to XYZ on 08/12/2014.
    3. I visited India on 06/11/2015 (still in India while writing this). On same day I went to OFC in Delhi and submitted my passports along with documents (detail below).

To summarize the rules in few lines for availing Dropbox facility:
    1. You should be applying for same Visa Class. (You have H1B earlier and renewing the same)
    2. Your last Visa Stamp is expired within 12 months of date of renewing.
    3. Employer change is not an issue anymore. (I have changed it too)
    4. No appointment is needed for Dropbox. (I reached India on 06/11/2015 and applied (submitted documents) same day)

Documents they asked for:
    For myself H1B: Passport(s), Original I-797B (petition) (just to take a look), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
    For my wife: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition).
    For my son: Passport(s), Photocopy of I-797B (petition), previous Visa Stamping photocopy of me and my wife, photocopy of passports of me and my wife.

Then after 3 working days I got email that passports are ready for pickup and I picked them up next day.

Feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Thanks
    Gaurav Agarwal
    - - - Updated - - -

i was registering for Visa renewal stamping and got several question to face. and one of the questions was

"was you previous expired within last 12 months"

Now situation is -

Looking today my Visa was expired 10 months back but i will travelling in 2 months.
    which will make my visa expired 12 months 8 days back?

so should i say NO to this question.

Please suggest. very confused...

Thanks
    Ankush[/QUOTE]

Hi Ankush,
    Thanks for providing good info. I have a similar case as you, most things are clear to me except the instruction on ustraveldocs site. Do I need to fill DS-160 and make payment online for drop-box? I understand there is no need to get an appointment online correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dhaval1896 View Post
      I have H1b VISA valid till 20 Aug2016. I am currently working with Employer A. Employer B applied for H1b transfer but under consular processing. Petition was approved and got I797B. As it is consular processing I94 was not extended. I539 was also not applied for extension of stay for my wife. The reason for this is, Employer B applied for petition when I was in India. Now I intend to join Employer B. But for the I need to get VISA stamped with new Petition. I went to the official portal to check for Drop box eligibility for myself and my spouse and it seems we are eligible based on below points

1. Applying for same class of VISA. H1b for myself and H4 for my spouse.

2. VISA is active and might even expire but expiry date will be less than 12 months.

3. My VISA was stamped in India.

4. No VISA refusals after current VISA (although my wifes petition was rejected. But I dont think that counts under VISA refusal).

I would just like to confirm my understanding about eligibility of Drop box. We both are eligible even if I have changed employers? Also, I was in USA for one year. Went back to India and again came back to USA in May 2016. Is length of stay also a criteria for determining eligibility for Drop box

@dhaval1896 : Do you have any further information if you were eligible for dropbox with Consular processing?

Comment

[QUOTE=sethu;416552]
        Originally posted by ambivertsumit View Post
        Hi I faced the similar situation, I changed my employer last year May 2014. And my visa expired in Sept 2014.
        I am not able to schedule the appointment as it show you are eligible for DROPBOX.

As per customer care there is no effect of change of employer in eligibility of DROP BOX now.

I also mailed them the query and they replied :-

If your answer is yes to all the following questions which are available on

then you are eligible for dropbox. and here in this site no mention of change of employer or same petitioner.

Hopefully Drop box option will work as not able to schedule appointment.

Also on Mumbai consulate site Its mention for In September 2012, the U.S. Diplomatic Mission to India implemented a new visa processing system throughout India that further standardizes procedures and simplifies fee payment and appointment scheduling through a new website at

For more details about procedures for submitting a renewal application

I am facing the same issue. I had an H1 transfer before 7 months.
        All the forums and consulate website states a 12 month rule with same employer for dropbox eligibility.

But Dropbox Eligibility criteria listed indoes not specify anything about petitioner or employer or 12 months rule.
        I tried contacting ustraveldocs support, support team mentioned that if all the eligibility criteria is satisfied as per questions in appointment scheduler you are eligible for drop box.
        I guess dropbox is my only choice

I am planning for visa stamping by august end, will update this forum with details.

If anyone else tries this option before that, please update your experience.
        It will be helpful for others .

Sethu

Hi Sethu,
        I am in the same situation like you had. I hope you are successful in this and had your visa stamped. Could you kindly please share your experience. If i go for dropbox with this change of employer and, with in 12 months expired visa... Will i face any issues? Kindly please update your inputs. Please give me your email id. I can contact you directly instead. Thanks!

Comment

Any updates from 'Drop-Box' candidates?

All,

Anyone who was going for the 'Change or Employer + Visa Renewal' through the drop-box process has any updates regarding the eligibility criteria for drop-box?

Does the 'change of employer' not matter in case of drop-box? If you have valid I797 and can answer 'YES' to all the questions in the eligibility criteria (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ni...qualifications) covers all bases?

Comment

H1B Renewal - Eligible with 'Change of Employer'

All,

I could confirm with the Visa desk that the 'Change of Employer' condition has been removed from the Interview Waiver (drop-box) eligibility criteria for H1B renewal.

Originally posted by saurabh.a View Post
            All,

Anyone who was going for the 'Change or Employer + Visa Renewal' through the drop-box process has any updates regarding the eligibility criteria for drop-box?

Does the 'change of employer' not matter in case of drop-box? If you have valid I797 and can answer 'YES' to all the questions in the eligibility criteria (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-ni...qualifications) covers all bases?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X