Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is same petitioner necessary for qualifying for the Interview Waiver program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is same petitioner necessary for qualifying for the Interview Waiver program?

Hi,

I have a valid H1b visa stamped on my passport from my previous employer/petitioner. I am planning to visit India in 2 months. I have a new I-797 from a new employer/petitioner now. Do I qualify for the Interview Waiver program? The questions asked on the "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ApplicantHome" website do not include a question about whether the petitioner is the same or not. This is the reason I wanted to confirm. Following are my answers to the questions asked on this website:

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?
    Yes

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?
    No

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?
    Yes

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?
    Yes

Can you please clarify if I qualify for the Interview Waiver program?

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Even i am in the same situation as you. And after answering the questions, the system told me that I qualify for the IWP/Dropbox.

I called the US number on the us traveldocs webiste, and they said, that the criteria has changed. She also said, that whatever the criteria is mentioned on the website holds true.

I have sent an email, and hopefully should receive a response from them. Please let me know if you manage to get more info on this.

Regards
    KV

Comment

Yeah..I also called and they said that the same petitioner criteria used to be there some time back but it has changed now. So hopefully it should be OK to just use the interview waiver.

Comment

Thanks for double checking. I guess its good in a way that you dont have to go through the interview process. However it would have been great if they mentioned somewhere that there has been a change in the criteria, so it is very clear

Comment

Same situation - Has anybody completed the new process yet?

Hi,

I am also having a VISA stamp from my previous employer which is still valid. And as it will be expiring soon and I am also visiting India, I am planning to go for VISA stamping. As all of you, I also, after answering the questions on ustraveldocs.com got to know that I am eligible for VISA waiver program. But I am still not sure.

Has anybody completed this process already?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Same situation - Has anybody completed the new process yet? "IWP"

Hi all,

I am also in the same situation. As of now did anyone completed the IWP with different petitioner ?

Please help me to get the current status !

Thanks,
            Anand

Comment

Same situation - Has anybody completed the new process yet? "IWP"

Same situation - Has anybody completed the new process yet?

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone share the experience about the interview wavier program - Dropbox submission with different employer. I am also having the same case and have got Dropbox submission confirmation after answering the questions. I tried calling the cust. care and they instructed me to visit the VFS centre and drop the documents.

Would be great help if some one can share the experience with same.

Originally posted by prashs1983 View Post
                Hi,

I have a valid H1b visa stamped on my passport from my previous employer/petitioner. I am planning to visit India in 2 months. I have a new I-797 from a new employer/petitioner now. Do I qualify for the Interview Waiver program? The questions asked on the "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ApplicantHome" website do not include a question about whether the petitioner is the same or not. This is the reason I wanted to confirm. Following are my answers to the questions asked on this website:

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?
                Yes

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?
                No

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?
                Yes

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?
                Yes

Can you please clarify if I qualify for the Interview Waiver program?

Thanks and Regards,

Comment

I eventually went for stamping with dropbox. I got my visa stamped for new employer without interview. They have changed the criteria, so no worries.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by thegeekyhaxor View Post
                    I eventually went for stamping with dropbox. I got my visa stamped for new employer without interview. They have changed the criteria, so no worries.

Good luck
                    Hi All,

I am also in the same situation i.e I have the H1B stamping valid till Oct 2015(expiring soon) from my previous employer and my new petition has been approved from my new Employer and I am planning to go to India in DEC2015.

I called the India consulate call center and they mentioned that since the criteria has changed now I am eligible to apply for stamping only through DROPBOX facility.

1) Can anyone share the recent experience about the interview wavier program - Dropbox submission with different employer.

2) Can any one please let me know the list of documents submitted in dropbox for H1B and H4 Visa stamping.

3) What is the success rate of visa stamped through this procedure because I saw that couple of forums that few people are asked to attend the interview even after submitting documents through dropbox.

@thegeekyhaxor , Thanks for confirming.
                    Last edited by Anjala; 09-07-2015, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegeekyhaxor View Post

Good luck

@thegeekyhaxor,

Good to know that you were able to complete the stamping with dropbox. for employer change case.
                      How long did it take for you to receive your stamped passport after dropox ?
                      I am planning to visit chennai for the same,so I see the processioning time as 3 days, is that true ?

Any help is much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Anjala View Post
                        Hi All,

I am also in the same situation i.e I have the H1B stamping valid till Oct 2015(expiring soon) from my previous employer and my new petition has been approved from my new Employer and I am planning to go to India in DEC2015.

I called the India consulate call center and they mentioned that since the criteria has changed now I am eligible to apply for stamping only through DROPBOX facility.

1) Can anyone share the recent experience about the interview wavier program - Dropbox submission with different employer.

2) Can any one please let me know the list of documents submitted in dropbox for H1B and H4 Visa stamping.

3) What is the success rate of visa stamped through this procedure because I saw that couple of forums that few people are asked to attend the interview even after submitting documents through dropbox.

@thegeekyhaxor , Thanks for confirming.

@Anjala,

Did you get any information for your query ? I am also in the same case and i m planing to go to india in November 2015
                        would like to know if you get any more information in this new process

Any help is much appreciated

Comment

Is your previous H-1B visa still Valid?

going for Visa Extension Stamping
                          1.There is no change in the Employer
                          2.H1B visa was expired 2 Months Back (Previous I797 and Stamping on the Passport)
                          3.New Visa extension I797 has validity upto next year

Question: Is your previous H-1B visa still Valid? --> Should it be Yes or No?

Comment

Originally posted by Hariharan Swaminathan View Post
                            going for Visa Extension Stamping
                            1.There is no change in the Employer
                            2.H1B visa was expired 2 Months Back (Previous I797 and Stamping on the Passport)
                            3.New Visa extension I797 has validity upto next year

Question: Is your previous H-1B visa still Valid? --> Should it be Yes or No?
                            Answer is YES. What you have in passport is visa, what you have current is valid H1 status(I797 with new I-94), the two are different things.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X