File For Naturalization while in pending I-751 Conditional green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File For Naturalization while in pending I-751 Conditional green card

Me and my wife (US. Citizen) got married February 3rd, 2012.
    I became a conditional GC holder on September 05, 2012 .
    I have already Filed form I-751,on June 27,2014. They have transferred my case from vermont to california finally to local field office.
    They said that, they will send a mail for interview on the letter that i received Feb 19, 2015.

I have even been to the local field office and they say that its in process, and they do not know when they will schedule my interview.
    ( They Send me a mail today saying that a decision would be made within 180 days, and if not to contact USCIS again, which I think is ridiculous. Since It's already been a year that I have filed for removal of conditional green card petition. (Mail received date 06/15/2015))

I read on a post of a lawyer (http://lawandborder.com/guide-form-7...ons-residence/ )that while the case is pending, one can apply for Naturalization.

According to USCIS rule one can file for green card they are married to a us citizen and have been a permanent resident for 2 years and 9 months. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...DFs/G-1151.pdf

I wanted to know if it is wise to fill for U.S. citizenship / Naturalization or wait for 10 year greencard?

Has anyone reading the post gone through this process?

Things to look at,
    Married Years, 02/03/2012 – 06/15/ 2015 = 3 years Plus 4 months and counting.

Permanent Resident Years (conditional)- 09/05/2012 – 06/15/2015 = 2 years Plus 9 months and counting.

File as soon as you want.

Comment

i751, n 400

what is the latest on this situation? please i would like to know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X