• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's Birth Certificate and Family Relationship Proof for GC

Hi,
    Your help is very much appreciated

I am planning to file for my mother's GC and have couple of questions:

1. My mom did not have a birth certificate. She has Indian Passport and Aadhar Card however with birth date. Will that be enough to show as Birth Certificate?

2. How can I show family relationship with her as her son? I got my Citizenship through naturalization but since I did not have birth certificate, my mom and uncle gave affidavits supporting my birth. Will these affidavits be enough to show the family relationship?

My Indian passport lists my mother's name on it but since it is cancelled after getting the Citizenship, will that be valid to show as proof of relationship

If both of them do not work, what else I can show to verify the family relationship?

Appreciate your help
    Kumar

Immihelp wrote up an article on this topic. Please read it and then ask follow-up questions. https://www.immihelp.com/non-availab...-us-greencard/

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Immihelp wrote up an article on this topic. Please read it and then ask follow-up questions. https://www.immihelp.com/non-availab...-us-greencard/
      Thank you inadmissible. I do not see anything at the link provided about family relationship proof. Could you let me know where I can find that info?

Comment

Birth certificate to prove family relationship

My uncle ( now aged 80+ ) got NABC Non Availability of Birth Certificate from Chennai Municipal Corporation. Similary, you should get one for yourself to start with. Then you collect as much of secondary evidence as possible including but not limited to, your school records, your passports, Affidavit by two elders in your family, your old ration cards listing your name etc. More the merrier. This will be the proof to establish your relationship to your father. If you have your father's old passprt including your name as a child and especially if it carried an american visit visa, it is even more helpful.

You will also need your father's birth certificate to establish his date of birth. NABC and other such documents will help you.

Comment

Same situation for me

I have same situation. What did you do to prove your relationship with your parents?

Originally posted by SKumarD View Post
          Hi,
          Your help is very much appreciated

I am planning to file for my mother's GC and have couple of questions:

1. My mom did not have a birth certificate. She has Indian Passport and Aadhar Card however with birth date. Will that be enough to show as Birth Certificate?

2. How can I show family relationship with her as her son? I got my Citizenship through naturalization but since I did not have birth certificate, my mom and uncle gave affidavits supporting my birth. Will these affidavits be enough to show the family relationship?

My Indian passport lists my mother's name on it but since it is cancelled after getting the Citizenship, will that be valid to show as proof of relationship

If both of them do not work, what else I can show to verify the family relationship?

Appreciate your help
          Kumar

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X