Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 interview complete - DECISION CANNOT BE MADE DALLAS OFFICE

Hi,

I recently completed my citizenship at the Dallas office. The IO spent quite a bit of time reviewing my employment history and asked me to write down the names and the address of the employers beyond the 5 years listed on the application form. She went back as long as 10 years. After reviewing my application, she moved on to the civics and english test. I passed both the tests. She then asked me to sign all the forms including my Oath letter and also my previous employment dates and names on a fresh piece of paper. She then told me that a decision could not be made at this time as she has to do some more research on my application. She said I should be hearing from them in 3-4 weeks and will contact me if she needs more documents. If approved she mentioned that I should come for the Oath ceremony and bring my family and take some nice photographs. My wife got her citizenship without any hiccups. Has anyone else experienced this?

Timeline:
    GC - Aug 2009
    N400 - Jan 15, 2015
    Interview - June 22 2015

N400 interview complete - DECISION CANNOT BE MADE DALLAS OFFICE

Hi,
    My husband had a similar experience in Houston. Went for the interview on June 8th and the officer said he can't decide at that point as he has to do research on how much time he spent outside of the U.S. And about a re-entry permit he got 5 years ago.
    We also track the status online daily but only stated interview was scheduled.
    Would be interesting to see how long it takes.

Good luck.

Comment

Karshand, after reading your post, I'm thinking, they may be investigating your work history thoroughly. Did you presented your last 5 years tax returns? Just trying to think of the reason they r holding out the Oat Ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
        Karshand, after reading your post, I'm thinking, they may be investigating your work history thoroughly. Did you presented your last 5 years tax returns? Just trying to think of the reason they r holding out the Oat Ceremony.
        Mary H - I did not present my Tax returns since I was never asked for. The IO did not mention anything about producing the tax returns even though I have them handy. Also I have all the experience letters with me. If they had asked me, I could have produced them.

What is the timeline I can expect on this? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

A decision cannot yet be made about your application

HI
          I had the same results from my citizenship in Dallas on 02/04 /2016 .A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X