X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 - E3D visa Query

Hey Guys,

If I am filing for a new E3 (outside of USA) due to change of employer -

1) Does my wife (who is on E3D) have to travel with me overseas when I go for stamping of my visa or can she stay back in US?
    2) If my new E3 is approved, does my wife need a new E3D as well?
    3) Can I go to any country outside US for visa Stamping or does it have to be Australia?

**My wife and I are currently in the US on an E-3 and E-3D, each with approximately 1 years left on it.**

Thanks,
    Roy

Originally posted by royavvo View Post
    Hey Guys,

1) Does my wife (who is on E3D) have to travel with me overseas when I go for stamping of my visa or can she stay back in US?
    3) Can I go to any country outside US for visa Stamping or does it have to be Australia?

**My wife and I are currently in the US on an E-3 and E-3D, each with approximately 1 years left on it.**

Thanks,
    Roy
    1) Yes she has to travel with you to get her visa stamped.
    2)yes she does need new e3d visa and also she need to fill a separate application.
    3)you can go to any country.

Comment

Originally posted by royavvo View Post
      Hey Guys,

Thanks,
      Roy
      Hi royavvo,

I was in the same situation in May 2015. I have changed my employer and traveled to Ottawa, Canada for applying new E3 visa. There were not enough VISA slots to get appointment for my wife and kids.
      But they also traveled with me to Canada, though they didn't apply for new E3D visa. After getting my new E3 visa, while entering to US I was told by CBP officer (Customs and Border Protection) that E3D (with old VISA) can enter to US if they are arriving thru CBP (like Canada), but if they have to come thru immigration them Immigration may not allow them into the US unless they have a new E3D visa.

When Primary E3 visa holder gets a new visa by changing employer, the E3D can still be on old E3D visa until the expiration of E3D VISA, but if E3D arriving to the US on old E3D may not be allowed by Immigration.

Hope this helps you out.

Please note that this is not a legal advise.

Regards
      Raj

Comment

Question guys:

I am an Indian Australian, been an Australian citizen for 2 years, moved down under 6 years ago, don't have real estate here.

Would this be a problem for my E3? I have done my BEng and Masters with 15 years work exp.

Thoughts??

Thanks.

QUOTE=royavvo;425401]Hey Guys,

Thanks,
        Roy[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Avn1977,

How did it go for you? Did you got E3 visa? Regarding the real estate, I am in the same situation, no real estate, 6 years in Australia 2 years citizen with 12 years of work experience.

It would be kind of you to share your experience on E3 visa process, specially the interview!

Thanks in advance,
          Cheers
          -Vikas

Originally posted by Avn1977 View Post
          Question guys:

I am an Indian Australian, been an Australian citizen for 2 years, moved down under 6 years ago, don't have real estate here.

Would this be a problem for my E3? I have done my BEng and Masters with 15 years work exp.

Thoughts??

Thanks.

QUOTE=royavvo;425401]Hey Guys,

Thanks,
          Roy
          [/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by rajbidw View Post
            Hi royavvo,

I was in the same situation in May 2015. I have changed my employer and traveled to Ottawa, Canada for applying new E3 visa. There were not enough VISA slots to get appointment for my wife and kids.
            But they also traveled with me to Canada, though they didn't apply for new E3D visa. After getting my new E3 visa, while entering to US I was told by CBP officer (Customs and Border Protection) that E3D (with old VISA) can enter to US if they are arriving thru CBP (like Canada), but if they have to come thru immigration them Immigration may not allow them into the US unless they have a new E3D visa.

When Primary E3 visa holder gets a new visa by changing employer, the E3D can still be on old E3D visa until the expiration of E3D VISA, but if E3D arriving to the US on old E3D may not be allowed by Immigration.

Hope this helps you out.

Please note that this is not a legal advise.

Regards
            Raj
            Hi Raj

Thanks for your info

I came to change employer on E3 visa to ottawa and was given 221(g) and returned my passport back.
            I had a valid E3 visa stamping in my passport and its been 2 weeks since my interview and no reply came from the department.

Can i go back to USA using my current valid E3 visa and come back to consulate to submit my passport when they asks me to do so.

Please reply with your suggestions

as my wife and kid are back in USA alone and want me to be with them ASAP..

Please reply with your suggestions that would be greatly helpful for me.

thanks in anticipation

Ram

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X