Ds260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Your attorney is correct, in the main, since the NVC has been very slow in making the DS-260 available for completion.

--Ray B
    Thanks but I don't understand why from 4th of June till now

Comment

Who paid the fee? You or your attorney? Online or by mail to the NVC?

Who is checking the NVC website for availability of "IV Application," DS-260, you or your attorney?

If you have done all this, rather than relying on an attorney (historically unreliable for followup details like this), then you need to make a serious effort to talk to the NVC by phone to get an explanation for the delay.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Negin View Post
      Thanks but I don't understand why from 4th of June till now

Comment

Who paid the fee? You or your attorney? Online or by mail to the NVC?

Who is checking the NVC website for availability of "IV Application," DS-260, you or your attorney?

If you have done all this, rather than relying on an attorney (historically unreliable for followup details like this), then you need to make a serious effort to talk to the NVC by phone to get an explanation for the delay.

--Ray B
        Dear RayB our attorney paid visa fee and I can see that on ceac.state.gov website she did it just she paid visa fee for my husband and my children on 2th June but for me on 4th of June and I don't know why ? And don't know how she paid that online or by mail but site shows paid for all I follow our process for them after two or three days Chang visa fee status from in process to paid but for me first was in process after that showed not available

Comment

Ds260

Mr Ray B,

How about sending the AOS packet and the Civil Docs at the same time, do I need to have them each a cover sheet, or just one(1) xover sheet at the top?

Comment

If your "Welcome Letter" NVC packet contained the cover page which lists both sponsorship and civil documents, that is all you need as a transmittal for both sponsorship and civil documents to be submitted at the same time.

--Ray B

Originally posted by alruiz View Post
            Mr Ray B,

How about sending the AOS packet and the Civil Docs at the same time, do I need to have them each a cover sheet, or just one(1) xover sheet at the top?

Comment

Ds260

Oh Yes Sir, the cover sheet I have were the one for civil docs and AOS. Thanks Sir!

Comment

IV APPLICATION ... Confused !! plz help

Dear friends ,

I have some questions and your kind help is needed here:

1- My agent (located in US) paid my AOS Fees $120 five days ago and I am still not able to access the IV APPLICATION. Should I allow some days more or I should first file the supporting documents to NVC ? The CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261) status is showing COMPLETED. Also AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) status is PAID . However, there in APPLICANT INFORMATION box the IV FEES is showing PAY NOW but not accessible when I press on it.!! Please guide me in this.

2- My wife is a USC (The petitioner) but she is still a student, we both living outside US though. How can I file the financial documents in this case and which form we should use if there is a another sponsor rather than my wife for me ?

3-Can I mail the Whole supporting documents "the financial as well as the civil supporting documents together at the same time to NVC"

I am confused and your kind help is too much appreciated.

Ana

Comment

Ana85,

1. The $325 visa bill will show up within next couple of weeks and you will then be allowed to pay it.
                  2. Your wife must be the primary sponsor, even without sufficient income, and she must have a U.S. domicile or proof that she will return to the U.S. with you. A co-sponsor will have to provide a separate I-864, tax return, W2 and/or 1099 forms, employment verification, and proof of legal U.S. status.
                  3. Yes, you can mail all at the same time.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ana85 View Post
                  Dear friends ,

I have some questions and your kind help is needed here:

1- My agent (located in US) paid my AOS Fees $120 five days ago and I am still not able to access the IV APPLICATION. Should I allow some days more or I should first file the supporting documents to NVC ? The CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261) status is showing COMPLETED. Also AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) status is PAID . However, there in APPLICANT INFORMATION box the IV FEES is showing PAY NOW but not accessible when I press on it.!! Please guide me in this.

2- My wife is a USC (The petitioner) but she is still a student, we both living outside US though. How can I file the financial documents in this case and which form we should use if there is a another sponsor rather than my wife for me ?

3-Can I mail the Whole supporting documents "the financial as well as the civil supporting documents together at the same time to NVC"

I am confused and your kind help is too much appreciated.

Ana

Comment

Ana85,

Your wife must be the primary sponsor, even without sufficient income, and she must have a U.S. domicile or proof that she will return to the U.S. with you. A co-sponsor will have to provide a separate I-864, tax return, W2 and/or 1099 forms, employment verification, and proof of legal U.S. status.
                    Yes, you can mail all at the same time.
                    --Ray B
                    Thanks alot RAY B .. Really appreciate your help. What proof my wife has to bring ?Is this required for the interview though ? or we should send this proof along with the other supporting docs to the NVC?

Thanx alot.

Comment

The proof of sponsorship must be submitted to the NVC and then any updated proof to her interview.

--Ray B

Thanks alot RAY B .. Really appreciate your help. What proof my wife has to bring ?Is this required for the interview though ? or we should send this proof along with the other supporting docs to the NVC?

Thanx alot.

Comment

The proof of sponsorship must be submitted to the NVC and then any updated proof to her interview.

--Ray B
                        Dear Ray B,

Thanks for your kind response again. In order to proof the domicile condition, unfortunately my wife doesn't have currently official ties with US. However she is in her pre-final semester in the college abroad and planning to shift and live in US after she graduates and I get the Immigration Visa.

Do you think if we provide an official document from her college states that she is currently student would convince the officer about our temporary stay abroad ?
                        Do we need to explain the situation more on separate document when we file the package to NVC or such issue can be discussed during the Visa interview ?

regards,

Comment

Your wife must have firm and documented plans to return with you to the States. She can resume school after you are in the States.

--Ray B

Dear Ray B,

Thanks for your kind response again. In order to proof the domicile condition, unfortunately my wife doesn't have currently official ties with US. However she is in her pre-final semester in the college abroad and planning to shift and live in US after she graduates and I get the Immigration Visa.

Do you think if we provide an official document from her college states that she is currently student would convince the officer about our temporary stay abroad ?
                          Do we need to explain the situation more on separate document when we file the package to NVC or such issue can be discussed during the Visa interview ?

regards,

Comment

Thanks all for the great help . I was filling for I 864. I don't know what is my Alien Registration number , and it wasn't mentioned anywhere on any of the documents I got from them. Do I have to call them and pull it out, or no need ? ?

Comment

Your wife must have firm and documented plans to return with you to the States. She can resume school after you are in the States.

--Ray B
                              Thanks lots .

If my wife writes down a supporting document to declare that she has a genuine plan to return back and signs on it, do we need to notarize it at the US consulate or no need ?
                              Should the photocopies of the supporting /civil documents be notarized before mailing them to NVC ?

we are in UAE and notary public is only available in the embassy or the consulate and it is costly .
                              Thanks for kind cooperation .

Ana

Comment

Nortarial fees at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate are equivalent of $50 U.S. That is not particularly costly. But if she has evidence that she will return to the U.S., rather than a personal statement (notarized or not) would be best.

--Ray B

Thanks lots .

If my wife writes down a supporting document to declare that she has a genuine plan to return back and signs on it, do we need to notarize it at the US consulate or no need ?
                                Should the photocopies of the supporting /civil documents be notarized before mailing them to NVC ?

we are in UAE and notary public is only available in the embassy or the consulate and it is costly .
                                Thanks for kind cooperation .

Ana

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X