No announcement yet.

H4 related queries from sirsendu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please check the "Visas" section of immihelp. There is information about every question that you have asked.

i) I guess no need to pay but just to take the receipt no as a proof. pls clarify
    >>> If you have already paid the visa fees, then take the receipt. Check the below links for more details.

ii)I need to fill up DS 160 and get it approved as this is not done by employer.kindly clarify.
    >>> Yes. Check the above links.

iii) Skipping the step of visa payment I need to take appointment from the portal. pls clarify.
    >>> Yes. Check the above links.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Dear shervin,

Thanks for suggestion.I'll follow the links as described by you.

Comment

Dear Friend,

During the process of filling up DS-160 form it has been observed that I need to fill passport book no/inventory control no along with passport no.Will this no and passport nos are same for Indian passports?

Kindly share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sir_halder View Post
          Dear Friend,

During the process of filling up DS-160 form it has been observed that I need to fill passport book no/inventory control no along with passport no.Will this no and passport nos are same for Indian passports?

Kindly share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Comment

Dear Friend,

Thanks for suggestion.

I've one more query regarding DS160:

During filling up the form it has been observed that they require the US address of stay after reaching USA.I'm providing a hotel address near my client location in USA.That hotel room is not booked yet as the visa is not stumped. Pls clarify whether I'm doing the right thing.

Comment

It cannot be a hotel address. Talk to your employer and provide a valid U.S address. Some companies will have guest house for temp accommodation and you can provide that. Your employer will be able to help. Talk to them. Once you get into U.S and move to a permanent address, you can file form AR-11 to update the info with USCIS.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for suggestion.

I've one more query regarding DS160:

During filling up the form it has been observed that they require the US address of stay after reaching USA.I'm providing a hotel address near my client location in USA.That hotel room is not booked yet as the visa is not stumped. Pls clarify whether I'm doing the right thing.

Comment

Ok I understood.I've raising this issue to my employer to get a proper address.Thanks for your advise.

Comment

Dear Friend,

Our DS 160 forms are completed for H1B and H4 and barcodes are generated.

I'm looking to do H1B and H4 stamping simultaneously on the same day.

For getting the appointment together I'm doing below process as per the docs you have shared:

i) I've created a profile login in ustraveldocs and using that login I'm paying for H1b and scheduling an appointment using add dependent option to ensure my and dependent's stamping happening on same time slot.

ii) I'm creating another profile in ustraveldocs for my dependent just to pay the fee for H4.But no appointment is taken from that login as I'm using add dependent option from my profile login stated in point i).

Please clarify whether the above two steps are ok.

Comment

Dear Friend,

We will about to go to consulate for H1B and H4 visa stamping simultaneously on same day.If these visas are stamped then do I need any more approval for dependent travel with H4 from my employer again which need to be shown to US immigration authority.

Comment

Nope.

Dear Friend,

We will about to go to consulate for H1B and H4 visa stamping simultaneously on same day.If these visas are stamped then do I need any more approval for dependent travel with H4 from my employer again which need to be shown to US immigration authority.

Comment

Dear Friend,

Thanks for clarification.

I've few more queries:

i) It has been observed from US travel docs that for H4 appointment need to take such passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond intended period of stay in the United States.So if the passport expires on 20 NOV 2017 then intended period of stay max should be till May 20 , 2017.Please let me know whether the understanding is correct.

ii) In the meantime we will try to do passport renewal from US till 2027 and apply for 1 year/2 yr H4 extention to stay till 2018/2019.Is it possible? Kindly clarify.

Thanks

Comment

i) It has been observed from US travel docs that for H4 appointment need to take such passport valid for travel to the United States with validity dates at least six months beyond intended period of stay in the United States.So if the passport expires on 20 NOV 2017 then intended period of stay max should be till May 20 , 2017.Please let me know whether the understanding is correct.
                          >>> Wrong. There is no such requirement. Your passport should be valid for more than 1 year as of the date of the visa interview.

ii) In the meantime we will try to do passport renewal from US till 2027 and apply for 1 year/2 yr H4 extention to stay till 2018/2019.Is it possible?
                          >>> Possible.

Comment

Hi Friend,

We have attended the final H1B and H4 visa interview and we will suppose to get the visa stamped in few days time.

During the travel to USA at the destination airport (NY) immegration check do we need to show any more docs other than passports , H1B and H4 visa (dependents)?

Earlier we went to china location and there no more docs need to be produced to immigration officer other than passport and visa.But as we haven't have any experience to enter into US can you kindly share your thought regarding what we need to produce at airport immegration?

Many thanks for your continuous help and support during last few months.

Thanks

Comment

Following documents are needed.

1) H1B approval notice (I-797), Copy of I-129, Copy of LCA.
                              2) Valid passports with H1B and H4 visas.
                              3) Address where you will stay in U.S.

Following documents are good to have (It can be asked)

1) Marriage certificate.
                              2) Job offer letter or employment verification letter.
                              3) Address of your employer / supervisor at work.

Hi Friend,

We have attended the final H1B and H4 visa interview and we will suppose to get the visa stamped in few days time.

During the travel to USA at the destination airport (NY) immegration check do we need to show any more docs other than passports , H1B and H4 visa (dependents)?

Earlier we went to china location and there no more docs need to be produced to immigration officer other than passport and visa.But as we haven't have any experience to enter into US can you kindly share your thought regarding what we need to produce at airport immegration?

Many thanks for your continuous help and support during last few months.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks you so much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X