No announcement yet.

H4 EAD validity date (is this right?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any success with back date on h-4 EAD through SR?

Did any one get the H-4 EAD date to back date to approved date through Service request to USCIS? Please let me know.

My wife got her EAD approved but the start date is from OCtober 1st. She got a job now but cannot join until October 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1235 View Post
      My lawyer was able to call USCIS on this issue and rectify the error over phone. EAD start date was back tracked to EAD approval date, so the validity on the card is 3+ years. USCIS office was very helpful, she back tracked the date over phone and asked us to mail back the original card along with the letter she emailed us to USCIS center. We mailed the card on April 2nd, still waiting for the new card to arrive. I'll update here again after I receive the card.

So I suggest you contact USCIS through your lawyer and proceed from there.

hi. Were you able to back track your validity date and get a new card?

TIA.

Comment

H4-EAD validity date: "Never returned your EAD to USCIS"

Guys, I read the discussions in the thread. I got the same problem. My spouse received her EAD card in Dec 2016, with a start date in April. My lawyer contacted USCIS and asked to correct this "typographical error" (I don't know if it was a typo). USCIS asked us to return the card and refile under some exclusive "expedited processing". We returned it in Dec 2016 and refiled because my wife had 2 job offers. We are still waiting. No action is taken. I think we made a big blunder returning the card as April in approaching, and we didn't hear about any progress from USCIS. The job offers are gone!

My advise to all is not to get greedy and never returned your EAD card with future starting date, even you have a job offer on table.

Comment

Any update

I am in the same boat. Appreciate if some body assist me how you moved

Comment

Hi,

I'm on the same situation... so you have any news? Did you already receive the new EAD?

Thanks

Originally posted by rosi View Post
            Guys, I read the discussions in the thread. I got the same problem. My spouse received her EAD card in Dec 2016, with a start date in April. My lawyer contacted USCIS and asked to correct this "typographical error" (I don't know if it was a typo). USCIS asked us to return the card and refile under some exclusive "expedited processing". We returned it in Dec 2016 and refiled because my wife had 2 job offers. We are still waiting. No action is taken. I think we made a big blunder returning the card as April in approaching, and we didn't hear about any progress from USCIS. The job offers are gone!

My advise to all is not to get greedy and never returned your EAD card with future starting date, even you have a job offer on table.

Comment

H1 to H4Ead with start date change

Hello all,
              I hope this post will help few people.
              I am On h1b and want to go to h4ead..so we requested attorney to file my spouse h1b extension (5 months before his end date) in premium. We filed my spouse extension+ my h1 to h4 change of status( with date specified) +h1 to h4 EAD all together. Everything went fine till we got wrong date on approval notice of both h4 and h4ead. we got receipt the next day and approval after 8 days. After a day or 2 we got the approval notice and on the approval notice of both h4 and h4ead they had given the wrong date(instead of feb1st uscis had given June 30, which is my spouse new h1 start date). The next day our attorney called uscis and requested them to modify the date of both h4 and h4 EAD. With in 2 days I got my new h4 with corrected start date as feb1st, cool at least I am on legal status( bcos I gave feb 1 st as my last day in office).
              It took another 15 days for me to get corrected date on EAD. In total it took a month to get my EAD approval notice with correct date and extra 5 days to get new card with correct date.

Comment

Originally posted by H4eaddate View Post
                Hello all,
                I hope this post will help few people.
                I am On h1b and want to go to h4ead..so we requested attorney to file my spouse h1b extension (5 months before his end date) in premium. We filed my spouse extension+ my h1 to h4 change of status( with date specified) +h1 to h4 EAD all together. Everything went fine till we got wrong date on approval notice of both h4 and h4ead. we got receipt the next day and approval after 8 days. After a day or 2 we got the approval notice and on the approval notice of both h4 and h4ead they had given the wrong date(instead of feb1st uscis had given June 30, which is my spouse new h1 start date). The next day our attorney called uscis and requested them to modify the date of both h4 and h4 EAD. With in 2 days I got my new h4 with corrected start date as feb1st, cool at least I am on legal status( bcos I gave feb 1 st as my last day in office).
                It took another 15 days for me to get corrected date on EAD. In total it took a month to get my EAD approval notice with correct date and extra 5 days to get new card with correct date.

Hey,

In your case, did you have to return the EAD card to USCIS before receiving the correct one?

Thanks!

Comment

My H4 was approved for three years but H4 EAD only for 2 years, does anyone has similar case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X