221g beacuse computer wasnt working at the consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g beacuse computer wasnt working at the consulate

I attended my interview on 20th August. The VO asked me few questions and everything went great except that his computer wasnt working. So he issued a blue slip to me and told me that my case needs further administrative processing. He told that i need not come for the interview again and took my original I797 petition and passport. Could some please tell me how much time it would take fot processing? When I asked the VO, he told me it could take a day or a week but he cant promise me anything. Oh and I atteneded my H1B visa interview.

hello

Hello,

Even I did face same scenario today i.e 24 aug in chennai consulate. Did you receive any update ?

Comment

Admin processing time frame is on case by case basis. It can take anywhere from a week to months depending on what the AP is for. If 221g was issued mainly due to a computer glitch or missing info on the PIMS system, then you can expect a response soon. But it is hard to predict the timeline.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

No updates yet. I see many people in this similar situation. Lets hope things move quickly.

Originally posted by shivakumarbg View Post
        Hello,

Even I did face same scenario today i.e 24 aug in chennai consulate. Did you receive any update ?

Comment

Do update once you hear from them.

Many thanks

Comment

And btw where did you attended visa interview ? In chennai ?

Comment

L1/L2 Visa Approved by VO but CEAC is showing status as Administrative Processing

Hi All,

I visited the New Delhi US consulate on August 24th with my family. After a minute of interview, Visa Officer told me that she is approving the visa but there was a technical glitch due to which my fingerprints are not showing up in the system. She advised that I may or may not have to provide fingerprints again. There was NO SLIP given to us.

Now after 2 days, my status is still showing as "Administrative Processing". Calling the helpdesk is not of great help as they give generic info to wait for 60 days.

Anyone who is facing the same issue?

21 Aug : Biometrics @ OFC New Delhi
              24 Aug : Interview at Consulate
              25 Aug : Status showing as Administrative Processing.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
              Udit

Comment

Do update once you hear from them.

Many thanks
                And btw where did you attended visa interview ? In chennai ?
                My status changed to Issued today.. All the best guys. Hope you guys get good news soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Haunted View Post
                  My status changed to Issued today.. All the best guys. Hope you guys get good news soon.

wow.... thats a gud news.Congrats bw, Passport status also changed to ready to pickup for you? Or Still showing with consulate?

in My case, Last Updated status changed to today's date. But still the status shows as 'Admin Processing' Dont know what is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Dfs2015 View Post
                    wow.... thats a gud news.Congrats bw, Passport status also changed to ready to pickup for you? Or Still showing with consulate?

in My case, Last Updated status changed to today's date. But still the status shows as 'Admin Processing' Dont know what is going on

Even mine to changed to issued today

Comment

My status is awaiting delivery.. If your status changes, that means your case is being reviewed.

Congrats..

Comment

Oh.Nice. Congrats . My last updated date changed to today's date but still the status shows Admin Processing
                        Yours directly changed to issued or some updates happened inb? I mean later updated date ? Please advise

Comment

[QUOTE=Haunted;429846]My status is awaiting delivery.. If your status changes, that means your case is being reviewed.

Hi,

What you mean by being reviewed ? Is that means it will take some more time to change to issued ? Or any thing wrong on my case ?

Comment

Oh.Nice. Congrats . My last updated date changed to today's date but still the status shows Admin Processing
                            Yours directly changed to issued or some updates happened inb? I mean later updated date ? Please advise
                            In my case, the last updated status changed twice. The first time only the date changed but the status was still the same. The second update was on the next day where the status changed to Issued.

[QUOTE=Dfs2015;429864]
                            Originally posted by Haunted View Post
                            My status is awaiting delivery.. If your status changes, that means your case is being reviewed.

Hi,

What you mean by being reviewed ? Is that means it will take some more time to change to issued ? Or any thing wrong on my case ?
                            No, that means someone is working on your file. If everything is okay you should probably get your status today. Thats what my guess is.

Comment

[QUOTE=Haunted;429903]In my case, the last updated status changed twice. The first time only the date changed but the status was still the same. The second update was on the next day where the status changed to Issued.

No, that means someone is working on your file. If everything is okay you should probably get your status today. Thats what my guess is.
                              Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your support and help. Mine also status changed to issued today 😀. So any one of you received passport in hand ? Or changed to ready to pick up status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X