X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport not authenticated at DMV

Hello people,

I arrived in US in last week of June.
    In last week of July, I went to DMV for applying driver's license. I have all documents required for application- I-94, SSN, passport, I-797(required in case).
    But DMV officers said that they are not able to authenticate my passport. I checked with lady at the counter; according to her this is happening with new passports from India- my passport was renewed in October, 2014.

Now when I called DMV helpline- update is application has gone to secondary review and make take 60-90 for response! I am now worried about this.

Has anybody faced this issue? Is there anyway we can expedite this process? What can be possible outcomes of response?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Originally posted by americandream311 View Post
    Hello people,

I arrived in US in last week of June.
    In last week of July, I went to DMV for applying driver's license. I have all documents required for application- I-94, SSN, passport, I-797(required in case).
    But DMV officers said that they are not able to authenticate my passport. I checked with lady at the counter; according to her this is happening with new passports from India- my passport was renewed in October, 2014.

Now when I called DMV helpline- update is application has gone to secondary review and make take 60-90 for response! I am now worried about this.

Has anybody faced this issue? Is there anyway we can expedite this process? What can be possible outcomes of response?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Hi! I'm from China, and I've met the same problem with you today. So I wonder if you have solved your problem already?

Comment

Hi! I'm from China, and I've met the same problem as yours. So I wonder if you have solved the problem already?

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem (my passport is Irish). I went to the DMV office this week in Santa Clara and when they tried to authenticate my passport it didn't give then back information from homeland security. It's really frustrating because the DMV officers know that all my documents are in order and that it's just that scanning machine they're using that seems to be causing all that trouble I can't believe there's no alternative means of getting the information they need and that I have to wait for 3 months+.

@OP: did you get your license yet?

Comment

Originally posted by chronox View Post
          I'm having the exact same problem (my passport is Irish). I went to the DMV office this week in Santa Clara and when they tried to authenticate my passport it didn't give then back information from homeland security. It's really frustrating because the DMV officers know that all my documents are in order and that it's just that scanning machine they're using that seems to be causing all that trouble I can't believe there's no alternative means of getting the information they need and that I have to wait for 3 months+.

@OP: did you get your license yet?
          Hi Martin/Chromnox,

Nope..for me also almost same timeframe. Because of huge AB60 program applicants, DMV(especially at California) is understaffed and all applications that enter secondary review may not be processed before 3 months. This time can go to 6 months as well in some cases.

God bless!

Comment

Guys,

Let me know if DMV secondary review for anyone of you is complete.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello
              i'm too having issue with Canadian Passport and yes, ended up losing 2 days of my life at the DMV in Santa Clara.
              the last time , they proposed the 2nd investigation, i declined, felt like criminal, plus no real time frame given when it will be processed.
              the intriguing part is that DMV updated their documents in June 2015 for authenticated Passports and most of our[ collective speaking] passports are on the list.
              you may check this out here:

I made appoitment with USCIS to try to get the passport authenticated through them.
              my DMV appoitment is next week, so i hope i will get finally the dang DL and Calif ID.

cheers,

Seb

Comment

Originally posted by seb1 View Post
                Hello
                i'm too having issue with Canadian Passport and yes, ended up losing 2 days of my life at the DMV in Santa Clara.
                the last time , they proposed the 2nd investigation, i declined, felt like criminal, plus no real time frame given when it will be processed.
                the intriguing part is that DMV updated their documents in June 2015 for authenticated Passports and most of our[ collective speaking] passports are on the list.
                you may check this out here:

I made appoitment with USCIS to try to get the passport authenticated through them.
                my DMV appoitment is next week, so i hope i will get finally the dang DL and Calif ID.

cheers,

Seb
                Any luck with this?

I have the same situation( After scanning my passport they told me system can't recognize it( It is after I passes customs! And I also had all my documents with me proving my legal presence. passed the exam in the beginning of April!!! It is outrageous! Each time I called them I was told I need to wait 90 days more. Last time they told me "We should process all cases from April not later than January 1". So I am waiting. Feel like a criminal or illegal immigrant (by the way, thousands of them already received their 60AB licence! been legally present here and unable to receive licence really hurts. How can I stay without the car here?). I am already thinking of moving to some other place.

Comment

FYI, I gave DMV a call last week to check on the status of my application and unfortunately it's still pending. I was told they're still working on backlog from April 2015

Comment

Originally posted by chronox View Post
                    FYI, I gave DMV a call last week to check on the status of my application and unfortunately it's still pending. I was told they're still working on backlog from April 2015
                    Called them today - my case from April is still in progress. They can't answer when they are going to process it. So it is still April 2015( We should expect cases be processed in a year from the application date?

Comment

Faced the same problem. Santa Monica DMV.
                      Does somebody have new information/updates?

Comment

Faced same problem at Santa Clara DMV with my India Passport renewed in Feb 2015.
                        Is this problem solved for anyone ? If yes, how much time it took for it ?

Thank you!

Comment

same problem here as the newly issued EAD (Employment Authorizations Document) would not scan at the local DMV. Applied for a California ID with an EAD in Palm Springs, CA on December 21, 2015 but the scanner would not scan the card.

Now 3 month later when I called the DVM I find out that my case has been referred to secondary review. I have to wait for some kind of letter from them until the case moves forward.

In the meantime I have received my Green Card end of January 2016 so I guess no California ID for a long time. It seems that people have to wait up to 10 month to get this resolved as I read in other forums.

With all the AB60 applicants the DVM can't cope anymore?

Comment

Passport Not authorized in CA DMV

I visited Santa Ana,DMV for my driving license...Facing Same issue passport not authorized. Can you please suggest what is the best option now... I am planing to visit another DMV today... I cannot wait for secondary review next 6 to 9 months... Any suggestions will really helps me.

Comment

Hello.I am facing same issue.My passport could not be authenticated at Santa Clara and San Jose office too.They suggested me to try at some other office.I think all new/ renewed Indian passports have the same issue.Anything can be done from our side to fasten the process? I think dmvs will have to update their software as many people are getting same issues.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X