Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding NVC processing F3 - Married Son of US Citizen

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding my brother’s petition that was filed by my father.

My father (green card holder at the time) filed for my brother (unmarried at the time) and priority date was April 5, 1999. Brother than got married and had 3 kids. Father became US citizen Jan 2005 and refiled for my brother as Married Son of US Citizen and priority date now is April 12, 2005. I have heard that there is away to upgrade previous petition and keep the priority date instead of submitting new petition. Is this true? If it is, is there anyway to restart processing of old case?

Checking status of I-130 on USCIS with April 12, 2005 priority date, it shows:

“On April 29, 2014, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number WAC051 YYYY ZZZ. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”

Never received the approval notice so I sent an email to NVC and the reply I got contains NVC Case number and Invoice ID Number.

Attempting to log into CEAC @ https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx using case number and invoice id in email gets following message:

“Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error.“

Is this normal?

I am able to log on to Immigration Visa Invoice Payment Center @ https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice...px?node=Signon using NVC case number and Invoice ID but nothing is listed under Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fees section. Which I think is the 2nd step at nvc after you choose agent. Also IV Application Processing Fees section shows everyone on petition but payment status is listed as NOT INVOICED. See attached screenshot.

Is this case processing normally? How long before NVC will allow me to choose an agent and pay for AOS fee and submit AOS documents? Is there away to tell? Also any way to estimate how much longer is left before priority date is reached? How can I make sure NVC is not waiting for any action from our end? Calling NVC is not very helpful as they state “follow notice of action” and they aren’t willing to resend it.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Attached Files

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X