Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Stamping after employer change - Is Drop Box (IWP) a mandate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping after employer change - Is Drop Box (IWP) a mandate?

Hi,

My current H1B is valid until Sep, 2016. I changed my employer this year in May and planning to go for visa stamping with new employer in November. I have already filled the DS160 for me and my wife. When I'm trying to schedule visa appointment, it asks a few questions and says that I am eligible for Interview Waiver Program (drop box).

Does anyone know if Drop Box is a mandate? I talked to a few colleagues and they said I'm not eligible for Drop Box as I changed the employer. Can someone tell me if I can skip Drop Box and appear for the interview? I don't want to go with the Drop Box. I talked to customer service and he said if website gives you that option then you have to choose that.

I appreciate your time, thanks.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Can someone please respond to my question.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      Can someone please respond to my question.

Thank you.
      It will be great if someone can reply to my question.

Comment

If the system says that you are eligible for drop box, then that is your only option. They have changed their criteria for figuring out the eligibility few months ago and change in employer is no longer a criteria for being opted out of drop box.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

@ SKDS160 : Did you get any info in this case ?

Hi,

I am also in the same situation,I have change in employer.Current Visa Expires in September 30 2015,I am planning for Stamping in November 2015.

while booking appointment website says"Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate."

I am not sure if this is true for Employer Change - H-1B Category.

please let me know if you get any information.

Thanks,
          Antony

Comment

Originally posted by Antony001 View Post
            Hi,

I am also in the same situation,I have change in employer.Current Visa Expires in September 30 2015,I am planning for Stamping in November 2015.

while booking appointment website says"Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate."

I am not sure if this is true for Employer Change - H-1B Category.

please let me know if you get any information.

Thanks,
            Antony
            I will get my stamping done in November. Drop Box is the only option that you can use. I have talked to some of my friends who got their visa stamped after changed the employer. So I am quite positive that we are good.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
              I will get my stamping done in November. Drop Box is the only option that you can use. I have talked to some of my friends who got their visa stamped after changed the employer. So I am quite positive that we are good.
              Thank you, I am looking for stamping in November too in Chennai Consulate. One more small clarification on the questions that prompted.

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? Does It Mean my current stamped Visa with previous Company(Petitioner) ?
              Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid? Previous H-1B Visa means (Stamped H-1B Visa and not I-797 rite ?)
              Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?
              Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008? most recent H-1B visa means by current H-1B visa with old company ?

Just curious to know that I have answered these questions by understanding it correctly .

please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X