Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canceling an appointment and rescheduling a new appointment with new DS160

Originally posted by ker2usa View Post
    This is an informational post and not a question. I couldn't find much information online when I needed it but now that I've experienced the process, I thought I would share what I went through if it helps others in the future.

I had submitted a DS160 for myself and one for my spouse and used the respective confirmation numbers to book an appointment for the two of us at the Chennai, India consulate (biometric and consular). After doing so, I realized that I had several changes to make to our DS-160 forms. What the changes were is not important. The DS160 website does not allow you to redo the form once submitted and confirmed without generating a new bar code and confirmation number. USTraveldocs doesn't allow you to change the appointment information once the appointment is booked. What could I do at this point?

Based on the above information, at first glance, it would seem that the only way out of this quandary is to generate new DS160 forms, cancel the existing appointments, and book new ones. USTravelDocs doesn't have any information in their FAQ regarding this. The internet was filled with conflicting information (some saying you can go with a new DS160 to the current appointment and others saying you need to reschedule with the new DS160). What finally ended up happening was pleasantly easy and hassle-free.

As of mid-September, 2015, all I had to do was fill out new DS160 forms and generate the confirmation page with the barcode and number. When you go to the biometric appointment, inform the officers that you would like to use the new DS160 forms and not the one you used to book the appointment. They will use the forms the rest of the way. At the end of the biometric interview, you will have a DS160 barcode stuck to the back of the passport. Just make sure that this is the new DS160 and not the old one. In the Chennai biometric center, we had our form checked by at least 5 separate officers. We mentioned to each and every one of them about this change. At one point, the old barcode is first stuck to the passport. No worries, at the next station, upon informing the officer there, a new barcode was generated for the updated DS160 form and stuck over the old one. At the consular interview, the new DS160 was used and all issues were solved.

You can refill and update the DS160 form as many times as you'd like. Each time you submit, a new confirmation page is generated. Just use the one you'd like the consular officer to see.

Hope this helps!!

I have cancelled my appointment as i had to make changes to my DS 160, filled a new application and have a new barcode now. Can i go ahead and book a new appointment with the old fee receipt paid by IMPS? or should i pay another time?

And should i carry both the old DS160 and the new DS160 to the biometrics?
    Please help, thank you. Interview dates are in 20 days.

Comment

Hi,

My Spouse is applying for L2 while I am going on L1. Spouse has missed to include B.Tech education degree information in DS 160 while included MBA information (higher education) in DS 160. Wanted to check if there is going to be any issues in Visa interview.

And is there any possibility of correcting the mistake, we have our VAC appointment in 2 days. Request quick help since now DS 160 is linked online to application, can we still create a new DS 160 and request Visa officer to update it ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X