Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing of I-30 - Using an Immigration Lawyer

Hi,

I am a UK Citizen and my wife is a US Citizen living in the UK on a spouse visa.

We have decided to move back to the states and from my research the best way of processing my visa would be through the Embassy here in London.

Does anyone recommend using an immigration lawyer for this and if so what were the pros and cons? I have spoken to a few who advised that they can shave 4 - 5 months off by ensuring everything is done correctly etc. Not sure on whether that is just a sales pitch.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by StuPo87 View Post
    Hi,

I am a UK Citizen and my wife is a US Citizen living in the UK on a spouse visa.

We have decided to move back to the states and from my research the best way of processing my visa would be through the Embassy here in London.

Does anyone recommend using an immigration lawyer for this and if so what were the pros and cons? I have spoken to a few who advised that they can shave 4 - 5 months off by ensuring everything is done correctly etc. Not sure on whether that is just a sales pitch.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    DO NOT ever waste your money with an immigration lawyer. Unless you've been in trouble with the law. Also I sent you a message so I could help you.

Comment

Re-applying to GC

Hi Nunez,

I am trying to stay away from using an immigration lawyer would you be able to help me figure out what needs to be filed?

I have been married to my US citizen husband for five years and we have three children together (all are US citizen as well). I had the green card for 2 years right after we got married. For family reasons, we moved over seas in 2012 and are now looking to go back to the US. Since I knew we were moving for a longer period of time, I gave back my green card at the time (not knowing any better...)

Now that I need to re-apply, I am assuming I need to file form I-130. Anything else? I remember filing a bunch of documents back in 2010... How about G-325A? I'd like to get this right right away to speed up the process as my husband might be getting a job offer soon and I'd like to be able to move with the kids at the same time he does. FYI - we have kept our home there, in case that helps.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X