Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired VISA with old employer but site making me Eligible for IWP

Hi,

I have Expired H1b visa with my old emplyer now my employer is changed. but during the payment process it says you are eligible for Drop box.

But

--> I am above 14 and below 80. currently age 28. Am I eligible ?

--> Employer changed and expired VISA is from old employer. Am I eligible ?

Can someone please help here ?

if the below says for Drop box, then, can i still schedule for OFC and interview ?

can anyone with same situation, please share your experience.

Below are the Answer filled during this IWP questioner

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?
    Yes

Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?
    NO

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?
    No

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?
    No

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?
    yes

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?
    yes

and last it says :
    Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

When you click “Continue” to proceed with your application.

Step 1. Print one copy of the Drop Box Confirmation Letter.
    Step 2. Drop off your listed documents at one of our 11 Document Drop-Off locations.
    Current passport and any old passports with a U.S. visa.
    One photograph (per U.S. visa specification).
    Photocopy of form I-797.

Note: Using the Interview Waiver Program does not guarantee visa issuance. The U.S. Embassy/Consulate retains the right to call an applicant in for an interview, if necessary.

My situation is same like yours and i got the Congratulations !! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

what you did? How did it go? Please share your experience. Thanks Manoj.

I have written an email to Consultate too.

Originally posted by Manojj08 View Post
    Hi,

I have Expired H1b visa with my old emplyer now my employer is changed. but during the payment process it says you are eligible for Drop box.

But

if the below says for Drop box, then, can i still schedule for OFC and interview ?

Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?
    Yes

Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?
    NO

Were you denied any kind of U.S. visa after your most recent U.S. visa was issued?
    No

Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?
    No

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 12 months?
    yes

Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?
    yes

and last it says :
    Congratulations! You qualify for the “Drop Box” Interview Waiver Program. Please do not schedule an appointment at the Visa Application Center or U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Step 2. Drop off your listed documents at one of our 11 Document Drop-Off locations.
    Photocopy of form I-797.

Note: Using the Interview Waiver Program does not guarantee visa issuance. The U.S. Embassy/Consulate retains the right to call an applicant in for an interview, if necessary.
    Last edited by tilak.mishra; 10-30-2015, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Expired VISA with old employer but site making me Eligible for IWP

Hello,
      I am in the same situation. What you guys did? Please let me know/.

Thanks,
      Mahantesh

Comment

I am also in same boat. Did you guys get any reply from customer care? Can you please share your exp. Not sure what to do in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by Manojj08 View Post
          Hi,

But

Yes

NO

No

No

yes

yes

and last it says :

Photocopy of form I-797.

------------

DEAR Manoj,
          Can you please help us on this. What was the outcome of your drop box . was it as per the website or faced any issues? appreciate your help.

thanks

Comment

Hello Guys,
            I am in the same boat can you please reply what exactly did you do eventually.This is very urgent.Please let me know

Comment

That messages doesn't guarantee that you will be getting the visa for sure. You are just eligible for the drop box feature to simplify consulate's process. Go ahead with the drop box.

In case if they would like to take an interview, you will get your passport back with an letter to schedule the interview.

Dropbox never rejects any visa, but invite the beneficiary for the interview.

Hope this helps.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Expired VISA with old employer but site making me Eligible for IWP

Hi Guys,

Can any body please share their experience for this case. Any body got visa through drop box with same situation.

Thanks
                Nishank Gupta

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                  That messages doesn't guarantee that you will be getting the visa for sure. You are just eligible for the drop box feature to simplify consulate's process. Go ahead with the drop box.

In case if they would like to take an interview, you will get your passport back with an letter to schedule the interview.

Dropbox never rejects any visa, but invite the beneficiary for the interview.

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys,

can any body share their experience of the same case. Did any body got visa through drop box in this situation.

Thanks
                  Nishank Gupta

Comment

Visa with old employer expired within 12 months.

If your visa with old employer expired within lat 12 months you will be eligible for drop box even though with the new employer this is the first time you are going for visa stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X