Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved Form I-751 Request for more evidence to remove conditions on Green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved Form I-751 Request for more evidence to remove conditions on Green card

Hello everyone!
    I wanted to share my success in removing conditions on my green card, hoping that it will help someone who is going through that process.
    I am from France and met my husband here. We married in August 2012, and applied for my adjustment of status in September 2012. We had our immigration interview in February 2013 and I received my 2 year conditional green card in March 2013.
    In December 2014, 3 months before the 2 year green card expired, we filed form I-751 and sent it with the following supporting documents:
    $590 fee required,
    front and back copies of my green card,
    2013 Joint tax return copy (only 5 pages),
    voided check of our joint checking account,
    copies of both our driving licenses
    2 affidavits from friends
    photos of us on vacation, doing activities etc.
    copies of our joint car insurance, health insurance and life insurance,
    copies of my professional licenses with our current living address.

In January 2015, we received a letter (I-751 receipt notice) notifying us that my green card was being extended for 1 more year, and stating that we will get an appointment for biometrics to be taken. In February 2015, I went and got my biometrics taken. Then we anxiously waited for a response. We received a notice in September 2015 that our case file was being transferred from the Vermont service center to the California service center.
    Then at the end of September, we received a Request for more Evidence letter, asking for more proof that our marriage was bona fide. They said the documentation we requested was insufficient because:
    The 2013 tax returns submitted were incomplete, they did not include all required schedules, statements, and W2 records.
    The bank check submitted did not include the transaction pages
    The CPR submitted little evidence to support comingling of assets
    The CPR submitted no evidence of joint tenancy at a common residence

Then they went on to list exemples of documents we could send. In response, we sent them the following additional documents:
    • Copy of 2013 and 2014 jointly filed U.S. federal and state tax return transcripts
    • Copy of our joint bank checking account statements for years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
    • Copy of our joint apartment leases at our current residence for years 2013, 2014, 2015
    • Copy of credit card bills and utility bill (2013-2015) addressed to us at our current residence
    • Copy of 2 of my earning statements (in 2014 and 2015) and a notice from my employer addressed to me at our current residence.
    • Copy of my professional licenses with our current address of residence
    • Copy of both our drivers licenses with our current address of residence
    • Copies of our joint AAA membership addressed to me at our current residence
    • Copies of the first 3 pages of our joint car insurance policy for year 2015-2016 addressed to both of us at our current residence
    • Copy of a notice from our current joint Life insurance company (2014), addressed to me at our current residence
    • Copy of a statement from our joint health insurance policy, addressed to me at our current residence
    • Copy of our flight information for our vacation to California in August 2013 in occasion of our 1st year anniversary
    • Copies of our plane tickets and hotel reservations to our spring break vacation to Las Vegas in April 2015
    • Copy of a mailed envelope by our friends, addressed to us in February 2015
    • Copies of 2 letters from me to my husband on occasion of our first christmas together, and our wedding day.
    • A wedding ceremony program that was given to our friends and family on our wedding day
    • Copies of greeting cards given to my husband by me on occasion of his birthday and Valentine’s day
    • Photos taken during the course of our relationship from 2012 to 2015, (dates/places/occasions are on the back of each photo) with friends and family and during our trips together. (32 pics)

As you can see, we tried to cover the whole span of our relationship (2012 to present), we did not have any bills in both of our names, but still provided enough important mail with either my name or his, addressed to us at our current address. The most important thing was to provide at least 2 proofs for each items they requested.

Well, we sent that package to immigration on Monday October 5th 2015. 2 WEEKS later, today, October 19th 2015, we received our approval letter!! We will receive my 10 year green card within 60 days!!!!

The process was a little scary and stressful at times, but we are so grateful that everything worked out!
    Good luck to everyone out there going through this process, we hope you find a similar happy ending!

Merci for sharing! Very helpful.

I will apply for the removal in Feb. '16. As it was with my initial GC, we provided SO MUCH evidence, it must have been overwhelming. I received my GC within 2 months after applying... I will hold the same regard to my next application. Send in any- and everything you've got. From what I can see, almost every couple is being told to provide more evidence after all.

Glad it worked out well!
    A good pun is its own reword.

Comment

I, too, am happy to report that the process had a happy ending for me! It took since June of last year (2015) until today (August 2016) to get my conditions removed, I still can't believe it

Congratulations to everyone on this important milestone! In the coming days, I'll do my best to compile a timeline of events to help others involved in this process, as I am eternally grateful for all the helpful advice I've received on this forum.

Comment

I got the simliar letter, how should I do?

I receive a letter also few days ago, the letter said I have insufficient evident, for example, your 2013 and 2014 tax return do not include W-2 form, in the end of letter, list many documents can be used as evident. However, many document in the list I already submitted when I file the I751. The document I file was

marry certificate
        copy of green card
        copy of drive license
        copy of car title jointed owned by both of us
        2013 and 2014 jointed tax return
        statement of joint credit card account
        statement of two jointed bank account
        copy of jointed water utility bill
        copy of jointed health insurance
        two affidavit letters
        our travel entry copy of passport and air ticket for a vocation trip to Taiwan

In such case, should I just submit W-2 form for 2013 and 2014 tax return or I need to submit also the document I already submit before?

Comment

I have similar problem

Originally posted by Candh07 View Post
          Hello everyone!
          I wanted to share my success in removing conditions on my green card, hoping that it will help someone who is going through that process.
          I am from France and met my husband here. We married in August 2012, and applied for my adjustment of status in September 2012. We had our immigration interview in February 2013 and I received my 2 year conditional green card in March 2013.
          In December 2014, 3 months before the 2 year green card expired, we filed form I-751 and sent it with the following supporting documents:
          $590 fee required,

In January 2015, we received a letter (I-751 receipt notice) notifying us that my green card was being extended for 1 more year, and stating that we will get an appointment for biometrics to be taken. In February 2015, I went and got my biometrics taken. Then we anxiously waited for a response. We received a notice in September 2015 that our case file was being transferred from the Vermont service center to the California service center.
          Then at the end of September, we received a Request for more Evidence letter, asking for more proof that our marriage was bona fide. They said the documentation we requested was insufficient because:
          The 2013 tax returns submitted were incomplete, they did not include all required schedules, statements, and W2 records.

Then they went on to list exemples of documents we could send. In response, we sent them the following additional documents:
          • Copy of 2013 and 2014 jointly filed U.S. federal and state tax return transcripts
          • Copy of our joint bank checking account statements for years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
          • Copy of our joint apartment leases at our current residence for years 2013, 2014, 2015
          • Copy of credit card bills and utility bill (2013-2015) addressed to us at our current residence
          • Copy of 2 of my earning statements (in 2014 and 2015) and a notice from my employer addressed to me at our current residence.
          • Copies of the first 3 pages of our joint car insurance policy for year 2015-2016 addressed to both of us at our current residence
          • Copy of a notice from our current joint Life insurance company (2014), addressed to me at our current residence
          • Copy of a statement from our joint health insurance policy, addressed to me at our current residence
          • Copy of our flight information for our vacation to California in August 2013 in occasion of our 1st year anniversary
          • Copies of our plane tickets and hotel reservations to our spring break vacation to Las Vegas in April 2015
          • Copies of 2 letters from me to my husband on occasion of our first christmas together, and our wedding day.
          • A wedding ceremony program that was given to our friends and family on our wedding day
          • Copies of greeting cards given to my husband by me on occasion of his birthday and Valentine’s day
          • Photos taken during the course of our relationship from 2012 to 2015, (dates/places/occasions are on the back of each photo) with friends and family and during our trips together. (32 pics)

As you can see, we tried to cover the whole span of our relationship (2012 to present), we did not have any bills in both of our names, but still provided enough important mail with either my name or his, addressed to us at our current address. The most important thing was to provide at least 2 proofs for each items they requested.

Well, we sent that package to immigration on Monday October 5th 2015. 2 WEEKS later, today, October 19th 2015, we received our approval letter!! We will receive my 10 year green card within 60 days!!!!

The process was a little scary and stressful at times, but we are so grateful that everything worked out!
          Good luck to everyone out there going through this process, we hope you find a similar happy ending!

I receive a similar letter with you, said I have insufficient evident, and said for example, your 2103 and 2014 tax return does not include W-2 form. Then list many document needed for evident in the end of letter. How ever, I have submit many documents from the list when I file I750. The document I file is

marry certificate
          joint auto title
          joined water bill
          jointed credit card statement
          two jointed ban account statement
          jointed health insurance
          drive license
          copy of green card
          2013, 2014 joined tax return
          two letters from friends
          copy of passport entry and air tick for our travel to Taiwan

Should I just send the copy of W-2 form or I need to resubmit the document I already submit again?

Comment

I have an urgent question. I got my 2 year green card through marriage in 2013. I got divorce in 2015. Now my removal of conditional green card application was denied and they terminated my residency status. If I refile the case, meaning re-apply for removal of conditional GC again, can I get a legal working status again? I need to know if I can support myself for living while the case is pending. Please help~!

Plus, is there any law saying that if a person is out of status in the U.S. longer than a period of time, they couldn't come back again for any reason for ?? years?
            I heard one lawyer said if a person over-stay in the U.S longer than 3 months, they can't re-enter for any reason for 1 year. But another lawyer said if over-staying longer than 6 month, they can't re-enter for 3 years. I have no idea which one is correct. Does anyone know?

Many thanks,
            Rachel

Comment

Did you pay premium?

Originally posted by Candh07 View Post
              Hello everyone!
              $590 fee required,

I am curious. Your timeline does seem to be very quick. Did you pay premium fee?

Comment

Appointment

Hello. I will apply for removing my vusa condition from cr1 to ir 1. Do we do the medical exam during the biometric appointment?

Comment

Hello everyone,

I got this notification from USCIS today:

February 8, 2019

Case Was Approved
                  On February 08, 2019, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC... We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange

So will they call me and my wife for interview? Or will they send me my card or another year for extension letter ?

Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by ForgottenWoods View Post
                    Hello everyone,

I got this notification from USCIS today:

February 8, 2019

Case Was Approved
                    On February 08, 2019, we approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC... We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange

So will they call me and my wife for interview? Or will they send me my card or another year for extension letter ?

Thank you all
                    Hi Forgotten Woods,

Seems like they approved your case! I do not think they will call you in for an interview! Congrats!

When did you file for I-751?

Thanks
                    C

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X