Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 waiver - DS3035 - regarding USG funds

Hi,

I have submitted the DS3035 form along with all the clearances to my country's consulate in the US who would now forward things to USCIS. My barcode number from the DS3035 form has still not appeared on the USCIS site for tracking, perhaps it will happen in 2-3 weeks.

In the DS3035 form there is this question: Did your exchange visitor program(s) include USG funds, funds from your own govt or funds from an international organization?
    I checked 'Yes' since I work on an NSF-funded project and am paid through my PI's NSF career grant. On my DS-2019, the funding sponsor mentioned is my US university. Now as I read around, I have a feeling I should have checked 'No' since I do not have any NSF funds *explicitly* in my name. When the USCIS asks for 'Sponsor Views', I would not know what to do :-(

Does anyone know how grave a mistake this is? Is there anyway I can clarify my situation with USCIS? Have I wrecked all chances to get the waiver approved?

Please advise.

Hi SP2014

I am also in the same situation but I haven't sent my DS3035. Could you let me know from your experience whether or not the answer is Yes or No.
    I thought since I am funded via the NIH through my mentor, the funding includes USG.

Could you kindly let me know if your case number was accepted?

Thank you

Originally posted by sp2014 View Post
    Hi,

I have submitted the DS3035 form along with all the clearances to my country's consulate in the US who would now forward things to USCIS. My barcode number from the DS3035 form has still not appeared on the USCIS site for tracking, perhaps it will happen in 2-3 weeks.

In the DS3035 form there is this question: Did your exchange visitor program(s) include USG funds, funds from your own govt or funds from an international organization?
    I checked 'Yes' since I work on an NSF-funded project and am paid through my PI's NSF career grant. On my DS-2019, the funding sponsor mentioned is my US university. Now as I read around, I have a feeling I should have checked 'No' since I do not have any NSF funds *explicitly* in my name. When the USCIS asks for 'Sponsor Views', I would not know what to do :-(

Does anyone know how grave a mistake this is? Is there anyway I can clarify my situation with USCIS? Have I wrecked all chances to get the waiver approved?

Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X