Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN or L1B

Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and work for a US company in Canada. My employer want to transfer me to US office. I can chose either TN or L1B visa. My wife can't work in future two years. I will apply for green card eventually. I know I can apply for GC with the L1B visa. But normally the GC processing is not completed in 5 years. And L1B can not be renewed after 5 years. I need change to H1B in some point. I have two questions to ask,
    1. Shall I apply for TN and change to H1B? or apply for L1B and change to H1B?
    2. If I already filed the GC with the L1B visa, is there any trouble when I change to H1B?

Thanks,

Originally posted by wdqx View Post
    Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen and work for a US company in Canada. My employer want to transfer me to US office. I can chose either TN or L1B visa. My wife can't work in future two years. I will apply for green card eventually. I know I can apply for GC with the L1B visa. But normally the GC processing is not completed in 5 years. And L1B can not be renewed after 5 years. I need change to H1B in some point. I have two questions to ask,
    1. Shall I apply for TN and change to H1B? or apply for L1B and change to H1B?
    2. If I already filed the GC with the L1B visa, is there any trouble when I change to H1B?

Thanks,
    I was on TN, applied for GC on Sep 2014, got the GC on Oct 2015

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X