I94 Expired for dependent on H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Expired for dependent on H4 Visa

I just found my wife and daughter (on H4 Visa) I94 was expired on Jan 2015 but they do have valid Visa stamped till Dec 2015.
    On this particular issue, can anyone plz advice how can we proceed further since I94 expired more than 180 days.

Is that fine we can go to CBP office to get this corrected OR better to leave the country and come back again.

If i am leaving the country,
    Will there be any issue while leaving the country?
    Will there be any issue while going for Visa stamping
    Will there be any issue while entering into the US at POE.

Appreciate for your quick response!!

Originally posted by udnesh View Post
    I just found my wife and daughter (on H4 Visa) I94 was expired on Jan 2015 but they do have valid Visa stamped till Dec 2015.
    On this particular issue, can anyone plz advice how can we proceed further since I94 expired more than 180 days.

Is that fine we can go to CBP office to get this corrected OR better to leave the country and come back again.

If i am leaving the country,
    Will there be any issue while leaving the country?
    Will there be any issue while going for Visa stamping
    Will there be any issue while entering into the US at POE.

Appreciate for your quick response!!
    With I-94 expired in Jan 2015 what took you so long to realize it?

With I-94 expired, your dependents are out of status and in period of illegal stay. I would suggest you take all the paperwork to a good attorney and determine your options as a 180+ day out of status and illegal stay can potentially trigger a 3 Year ban, a 1+ Year illegal stay can trigger a 10 year ban.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Consult a good attorney. Nunc pro tunc (backdated) application may be possible, but you will have to show reason why it was impossible to apply before.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Consult a good attorney. Nunc pro tunc (backdated) application may be possible, but you will have to show reason why it was impossible to apply before.
        Hello Sir what happened to your case? please let us know. thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X