Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Transit Visa

Hi

As an Indian, I know that a UK transit visa is not required in cases of airside transits where one holds a US visa (among others). But does US have to be part of the trip itinerary, i.e. does the flight have to be from/to US?

I have a valid US F1 visa and am looking at a ticket from Paris to Bangalore via LHR. Do I need a transit visa for UK?

Thanks

Ansh

Uk transit visa requirement ?

Hi, I have a valid non immigrant visa b2 for USA. And I have booked my tickets already booked flying from New Delhi to London heath row LHR airport and then layover of 10 hours ( in the same date ) then flying to JFK Newyork. There is no change of airport in London and I am not planning to go out in London during that 10 hours. Same case for return from JFK Newyork to London LHR to New Delhi with 11hours layover in London. No airport change in London. Do I need UK airside transit visa ? Please reply I would appreciate your help. Thanks. Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny007007 View Post
      Hi, I have a valid non immigrant visa b2 for USA. And I have booked my tickets already booked flying from New Delhi to London heath row LHR airport and then layover of 10 hours ( in the same date ) then flying to JFK Newyork. There is no change of airport in London and I am not planning to go out in London during that 10 hours. Same case for return from JFK Newyork to London LHR to New Delhi with 11hours layover in London. No airport change in London. Do I need UK airside transit visa ? Please reply I would appreciate your help. Thanks. Sunny

You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

UK gov web site says that transit visa is required for Indian passport holders.
      Last edited by Olia; 03-02-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Olia View Post
        https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

UK gov web site says that transit visa is required for Indian passport holders.

No, you should not need one since you said you have a VALID US VISA. See below :

<b> Exemptions
        You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)

Source: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/no

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X