Proof of Relationship - Marriage Outside Home Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of Relationship - Marriage Outside Home Country

Greetings. I'm a Filipino citizen who was divorced by my wife in FL, USA 13 years ago. It was granted but it cannot be recognized here in the Philippines because she was still a Filipino citizen at the time the divorce was approved. Leaving me to be still legally married to her and not allowed to remarry while she remarried there twice.

I have now a live-in partner for more than 10 years and may head to US next year under F1 visa. Can we get married outside the Philippines after she got her green card and present it to USCIS as our Marriage Certificate-Proof of Relationship? Will it be honored if she'll petition me under F2A Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Proof of Relationship - Marriage Outside Home Country

so have you resolve this issue???

Comment

Since you are still legally married in the Philippines, your use of an F1 visa (unmarried child) will be fraudulent use of the F1 visa requirements. But since you probably meant to say that your F1 partner is entering the U.S. with an F1 visa, while you are still in the Philippines, your partner could subsequently marry you outside the Philippines, but the marriage would not be recognized in the Philippines as your required CENOMAR would be needed at your Embassy interview and it would show your prior unterminated marriage. If you married outside the Philippines and had your status converted from a visitor visa to Permanent Resident without returning to the Philippines, the marriage would be recognized for immigration purposes.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rj29 View Post
      Greetings. I'm a Filipino citizen who was divorced by my wife in FL, USA 13 years ago. It was granted but it cannot be recognized here in the Philippines because she was still a Filipino citizen at the time the divorce was approved. Leaving me to be still legally married to her and not allowed to remarry while she remarried there twice.

I have now a live-in partner for more than 10 years and may head to US next year under F1 visa. Can we get married outside the Philippines after she got her green card and present it to USCIS as our Marriage Certificate-Proof of Relationship? Will it be honored if she'll petition me under F2A Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Nicely explained by rayb...

Comment

That's really a complicated situation i gotta look into it then tell you.

Comment

I counldn't find out any interesting thing on that i am kinda busy nowadays too...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X